Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one knows. Not till his Tuesday scan

I think they're almost certain. After all Martinez did say that he's definitely teared it but it's just a question of how bad plus there's the amount of swelling.

Well that's how I'm thinking. If he's back earlier than worst case it will be bonus but he's such a big asset we would be crazy to rush him.

It's an ideal opportunity to raid the loan market again. We all know rosco is going to be the talisman of this team so getting someone (eg kagawa) on a season long loan would be perfect. It would also give Barkley the chance to ease back into things

I don't think I've read this anywhere online but it said in the paper today that it happened as he was making a block tackle.

That would make sense. Ross wants to play midfield but isn't very strong in the tackle and going in to tackles with fear is normally how you injure yourself.

Personally I've never seen him as a CM. I don't understand his obsession to play there.

why are people saying get the cheque book out? if he's only out for 7 weeks, we rightfully shouldn't be getting the chequebook out. we have plenty of options now, the leicester game thankfully showed that osman is fairly low down on the pecking order which is most people's concern. but we have move pressing matters at hand that require us to get the chequebook out - like a striker.

if the interest in perisic is genuine, i'd rather not get any more midfielders in and get him jan with the funds we would have held back rather than panic buy when we have naismith who stepped in yesterday, scored and was one of our better players, as well as being great last season. ross may be in that position, so splashing the cash on someone who would be a stop gap wouldn't be the wisest move.

i personally think pienaar would do a good job there, as he's so good at finding little spaces and he's a good link up player. we have so many alternatives to cope with problems like this when they arise. we don't have that luxury for up front, this has to get most of our attention as well as hopefully defence.

To be fair though it isn't just "injuries"...

It's your most exciting and one of your most influential players getting crocked for half a season, days before your opening fixture.

Man United's 30 million pound left back got injured just before the season too. It is very unfortunate and somewhat unusual but I don't thing it happened because of our Everton-ness. WE GO AGAIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back