Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.

For me it was having a rest over the summer where he could relax and refocus plus having a proper preseason.

But young players are prone to having phases where nothing seems to work so it might have just been one of those.
Yeah agreed. I think that goal v Watford was massively important. He didn't start that game too well.none of the team did to be fair.but when he buried that goal it looked like a massive weight lifted off his shoulders. It takes a lot of confidence to attempt the things he does and that goal was very timely

Cole is a prime example, Joe cole is the type of player who certain foreign teams would have loved, not saying he was a world beater but that type of player is one that they understand the importance of. With england its often been 4-4-2, workhorses in midfield and two fast lads on the wing etc, its like our managers over the years have just come out of sunday league ffs. Scholes on the left when it should've been him gerrard and lampard in a 3 does my head in to this day. i got hammered for it the other day on here but they could've been one of the best midfields in the world no question in my mind on that

No balance in that midfield lad. Lampard and Gerrard just can't play together.

I'm afraid I don't agree, the very best at least recycle the ball in a effective manner, players can't always go forwards either, sometimes a pass back can create angles and space, and that really helps when the DM has some technique

Your talking about a pivot rather like Busquets rather than a defensive midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back