Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I have said till I am blue in the face, he gets no more and no less stick than anyone else. This is mischievous in the extreme by the media to give Ross an excuse to leave. We've heard it from Redknapp, Gerrard, "I wouldn't blame Ross if he left".

If he you want to hear abuse, go back to when Cleverly played, Kone plays, Tim Howard played, Neville played or delefeu played. Go on the Leon Osman thread and look at Evertonians calling him a grass and much worse. Actually go and read what @davek says about some of our established players in other threads.

All footballers get stick, one persons good performance is another persons poor performance. It's subjective and on an Internet forum people have differing views.

The fantastic Spurs fans who are going to give Ross so much time moaned loads in the early days about Bale and Kane. As a club they are renowned for buying players and sacking them off without giving them a chance, far far worse than Everton.

And yet I come on hear and read Evertonians saying we don't give players a chance. Absolute delusional.

I want Ross to stay at Everton and succeed as do 90% of blues. But unfortunately Ross is no longer a kid, he's not just potential, he's a 23 old man who is playing his fourth full season in the premier league and it is only right that he is judged as such.

If he leaves it won't be because of the fans, maybe he fancies London, more money, thinks more chance of an England place, winning things (good luck at spurs) but not the fans.

I don't know an Everton player who is more loved, not one. Lukaku has had much better performances than Ross this season but he will never be viewed in the same breath as Ross. At Middlesbrough away it was bonkers before the match, his name blurring out in the concourse.

The pressure from the Spurs fans will be so much greater, big price tag, not "one of there own". If his very delicate confidence goes, he'll be benched in a heartbeat.

"But, but, when he gives the ball away people moan". It's bloody football, of course they moan at any player. Unfortunately Ross gives it away more than most, so probably more moans.

If he goes to Spurs, with one year left on his contract he deserves more stick than Owen got / gets for leaving Liverpool for Real Madrid, far far worse.

The obvious blaring warning is Sissoko. They will spend very good money for someone to sit on the bench.

Depressed how some of our fans have bought the media con, wake up.

Terrible post. Disagree completely

same here, the sentence about ross losing the ball more than most is particularly bad... as it's wide of the mark and in-fact a perfect example of how people do focus on Barkley more than others.

He bears the majority of the responsibility to create, which means passes that won't always come off, and even with that he still statistically retains possession better than most.

*Yes I'm aware he is flawed and inconsistent and does mess up some simple passes

Koeman needs to give him a last chance in his presser tomorrow. Can't be having one of our own playing games like he is and acting like he's too good for the club.

Sign in the next fortnight or do one. The fact that it's got this far shows Ross is not thinking clearly. It won't get better for him than here.

Think this is a bit harsh TimFrand.

If Calvert-Lewin is getting £40k already, a lot of senior players will suddenly have significantly raised expectations.

Think this is a bit harsh TimFrand.

If Calvert-Lewin is getting £40k already, a lot of senior players will suddenly have significantly raised expectations.

40k seems like a lot doesn't it... I thought 15k would be heaps for a player that hasn't really shown anything special... he may come good but I would expect a 40k a week contract to be given to someone that is highly rated and is being pursued by other clubs... I don't even think Davies has earned a 40k a week contract... and he's been awesome .. saying that... 40k doesn't seem like a lot when you consider Gibson was on 50k... at least DCL is actually available ... deli ali is only on 55k as is Kyle walker... Kane is on roughly 60k apparently ... and lukaku is on 75k isn't he? If these figures are roughly accurate then either.....

DLC is rated very highly within the club...

All of our players will be looking for a pay rise

Bill was in charge of the "negotiations"

As I have said till I am blue in the face, he gets no more and no less stick than anyone else. This is mischievous in the extreme by the media to give Ross an excuse to leave. We've heard it from Redknapp, Gerrard, "I wouldn't blame Ross if he left".

If he you want to hear abuse, go back to when Cleverly played, Kone plays, Tim Howard played, Neville played or delefeu played. Go on the Leon Osman thread and look at Evertonians calling him a grass and much worse. Actually go and read what @davek says about some of our established players in other threads.

All footballers get stick, one persons good performance is another persons poor performance. It's subjective and on an Internet forum people have differing views.

The fantastic Spurs fans who are going to give Ross so much time moaned loads in the early days about Bale and Kane. As a club they are renowned for buying players and sacking them off without giving them a chance, far far worse than Everton.

And yet I come on hear and read Evertonians saying we don't give players a chance. Absolute delusional.

I want Ross to stay at Everton and succeed as do 90% of blues. But unfortunately Ross is no longer a kid, he's not just potential, he's a 23 old man who is playing his fourth full season in the premier league and it is only right that he is judged as such.

If he leaves it won't be because of the fans, maybe he fancies London, more money, thinks more chance of an England place, winning things (good luck at spurs) but not the fans.

I don't know an Everton player who is more loved, not one. Lukaku has had much better performances than Ross this season but he will never be viewed in the same breath as Ross. At Middlesbrough away it was bonkers before the match, his name blurring out in the concourse.

The pressure from the Spurs fans will be so much greater, big price tag, not "one of there own". If his very delicate confidence goes, he'll be benched in a heartbeat.

"But, but, when he gives the ball away people moan". It's bloody football, of course they moan at any player. Unfortunately Ross gives it away more than most, so probably more moans.

If he goes to Spurs, with one year left on his contract he deserves more stick than Owen got / gets for leaving Liverpool for Real Madrid, far far worse.

The obvious blaring warning is Sissoko. They will spend very good money for someone to sit on the bench.

Depressed how some of our fans have bought the media con, wake up.

100% this

Have you genuinely never been at the match or in the pub & heard the utter drivel people say about him seriously both my uncle & brother in law have had to walk out of the game before being ejected for arguing with idiots over his treatment. This isn't media talk it's real life events

That's just because it offends them more due to him being a local lad, sorry but it's the truth. Have they ever walked out due to the "treatment" of Cleverley when he was here, or Tim Howard? People don't want to hear it, but he gets treated the same as any senior professional at any club, fans moan all the time about players of all shapes and sizes. Heard someone compare the reaction when Davies makes a mistake to when Barkley makes a mistake the other day. Davies is an 18 year old kid who's played about 12 games at this level. Barkley has made nearly 200 appearances for Everton, he's an established senior player. Scrutinising performances is perfectly acceptable, and isn't "abuse".

That's just because it offends them more due to him being a local lad, sorry but it's the truth. Have they ever walked out due to the "treatment" of Cleverley when he was here, or Tim Howard? People don't want to hear it, but he gets treated the same as any senior professional at any club, fans moan all the time about players of all shapes and sizes. Heard someone compare the reaction when Davies makes a mistake to when Barkley makes a mistake the other day. Davies is an 18 year old kid who's played about 12 games at this level. Barkley has made nearly 200 appearances for Everton, he's an established senior player.
part of what your are saying i definitely can see your point but I personally have examples of incidents that left me shaking my head in disbelief he is criticised before he supposedly does something wrong it happens all the time.

Newcastle at home when andros Townsend played for them. Townsend took off down the wing barkely went after him the idiot sat next to me no effing pace barkley lad 3 seconds later he had burned past Townsend & disposed him.

Earlier this season v palace he was fanatastic in the first half. He hit a majestic cross field pass over the left backs head for Coleman as the ball left his foot all i hear from a few seats down is effing crap that the ball had barely left his foot.

These people want him to fail as they can't bare to be proved wrong yet they clearly know absolute zero about football.

Gotta be honest surprised me this. Had people telling me remember Rooney blah blah and my response was Ross is different and would be easy to tie down as he loves the club and we're in a much healthier state then when Rooney left.

Seems I was wrong. Lukaku I can understand to a degree, he's not an Evertonian and is a level above Barkley and can rightly claim he's good enough to play for a CL club.

Barkley isn't that level and is IMO fortunate to be where he is.

He's annoying me.

part of what your are saying i definitely can see your point but I personally have examples of incidents that left me shaking my head in disbelief he is criticised before he supposedly does something wrong it happens all the time.

Newcastle at home when andros Townsend played for them. Townsend took off down the wing barkely went after him the idiot sat next to me no effing pace barkley lad 3 seconds later he had burned past Townsend & disposed him.

Earlier this season v palace he was fanatastic in the first half. He hit a majestic cross field pass over the left backs head for Coleman as the ball left his foot all i hear from a few seats down is effing crap that the ball had barely left his foot.

These people want him to fail as they can't bare to be proved wrong yet they clearly know absolute zero about football.

Clueless people in the crowd are clueless people in the crown though. If you paid attention to them throughout the game (you shouldn't like) you'd find they moan about literally everything, Lukaku for not running enough, keeper for not "coming for" every single ball that enters the penalty area, wingers and full backs for not "putting it in there" as soon as it arrives at their feet. They're not picking on Ross, they're just numb in the head. People just notice the stick Barkley gets more because there's a general consensus that we have to protect him because he's one of our own.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back