Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just because it offends them more due to him being a local lad, sorry but it's the truth. Have they ever walked out due to the "treatment" of Cleverley when he was here, or Tim Howard? People don't want to hear it, but he gets treated the same as any senior professional at any club, fans moan all the time about players of all shapes and sizes. Heard someone compare the reaction when Davies makes a mistake to when Barkley makes a mistake the other day. Davies is an 18 year old kid who's played about 12 games at this level. Barkley has made nearly 200 appearances for Everton, he's an established senior player. Scrutinising performances is perfectly acceptable, and isn't "abuse".
I agree.

That's just because it offends them more due to him being a local lad, sorry but it's the truth. Have they ever walked out due to the "treatment" of Cleverley when he was here, or Tim Howard? People don't want to hear it, but he gets treated the same as any senior professional at any club, fans moan all the time about players of all shapes and sizes. Heard someone compare the reaction when Davies makes a mistake to when Barkley makes a mistake the other day. Davies is an 18 year old kid who's played about 12 games at this level. Barkley has made nearly 200 appearances for Everton, he's an established senior player. Scrutinising performances is perfectly acceptable, and isn't "abuse".
It's a valid point however I still can't understand how he is criticised before any mistake is made & often when he actually is playing well.
Howard's criticism was Martinez fault as he should have been taken out barkleys criticism often comes at unjustified moments. The amount of times I hear people say he thinks he something special or big time I can't think of any players less big time he is the opposite lacks confidence.

We still have people complaining he doesn't work hard enough do they actually watch the same game.

So you would have Baros over lukaku? Finnan over Coleman? Smicer , kewell and biscan in our team?

Baros was a good player, much much better than Kone/valenci/dcl.

That team had carragher, hypia, alonso, garcia, kewel and risse, all quality players, and yes they probably are better attacking options than we currently have aroubd Ross!!

Even the subs they brought on are better....smicer, haman and Cisse!!

You are completely deluded and bitter if you cant see that this was a good team, not every player needs to be a worldy.

The Everton fans are ruthless whingers, always have been! I can recall Kendall getting absolutely crucified, ditto Royle, Latchford, etc. Etc. I can see what Ross could be, but i can also see an alternative outcome and that is what frustrates so many blues. We can see the Franny Jeffers effect in this lad too. He could go on to be a great player (never world class, that is just delusional) or he could end up a massive also-ran! I give him abuse when the also-ran turns up for games and cheer him on when the potential great turns up, but that is my right as a paying customer.

That team had carragher, hypia, alonso, garcia, kewel and risse, all quality players, and yes they probably are better attacking options than we currently have aroubd Ross!!

You are completely deluded and bitter if you cant see that this was a good team, not every player needs to be a worldy.
One of our greatest ever teams had quite a few players in that individually few would have rated, just look at Leicester as an example that a good team needn't necessarily be packed with players fans would consider top class. The rs team that won in Instanbul did a remarkable thing, something no Everton team, regardless of how good it was, has ever achieved! Seriously, no crap team has ever won the Champions league, ever!

Got to be honest, I think he's had a great season and has shown real progress as he learns a role that in Britain we've not produced vast numbers of great players in his position. We've either produced outstanding players in his position (like Scholes) or a lot of flatter to deceive rubbish.

At his peak, if he has consecutive seasons of double figures for goals and assists he will have done alright .

Not saying he has to be worldy... people on here keep saying he's bossing this and bossing that Etc.... and whenever he is critisized people come up with any excuse to defend him.... he's young, he's playing out of position, it's the fans fault , it was Moyes fault, it was bobby's fault, koemans fault.... etc... he's played well for about ten or so games since January last year... just admit he's not as good as people on here make out ... I want him to be awesome but he won't be imo... just winds me up when I'm told every excuse under the sun to why he isn't playing well...

Not saying he has to be worldy... people on here keep saying he's bossing this and bossing that Etc.... and whenever he is critisized people come up with any excuse to defend him.... he's young, he's playing out of position, it's the fans fault , it was Moyes fault, it was bobby's fault, koemans fault.... etc... he's played well for about ten or so games since January last year... just admit he's not as good as people on here make out ... I want him to be awesome but he won't be imo... just winds me up when I'm told every excuse under the sun to why he isn't playing well...

True. I agree. But also gets the most stick when the team as a whole under performs. I think he tries to take the game by the scruff but makes wrong decisions esp last ball.He is a decent player who plays well most of the time but needs to start offering more if he is to say , get on and stay in the international team.

True. I agree. But also gets the most stick when the team as a whole under performs. I think he tries to take the game by the scruff but makes wrong decisions esp last ball.He is a decent player who plays well most of the time but needs to start offering more if he is to say , get on and stay in the international team.

I used to get really wound up by his work rate and complete lack of effort off the ball when we are defending... and he has improved in this area and as a result I don't find it infuriating whenever he has an off day offensively... in the past whenever he didn't play well offensively he contributed nothing to the team...the game the other day (cant remember who against) he won countless headers defending corners and headed one off the line... he didn't have a great game going forward but his work rate meant he made a pretty big contribution to the result and I'm happy to seek him putting the effort in.

It not excuses mate, we are discussing possible reasons why a player plays well or bad. He was poor the other day, but thats not because HE was crap or not bothered or did the bad stuff on purpous. Their are other factors in it, its not as easy as saying he was bad and thats it.

Now when players make big moves to United, City and Chelsea etc and they dont work, THEN you can argue that even by being surrounded by top players he does not look better then maybe was over rated. You cant say that about Ross, because what needs to happen for him to be "dragging this team up" is DCL scoring that goal, Valencia ideally being Bolasie or The Ox, or Tielemans etc.

Ross plays better against teams weaker than us....thats how football works. The better teams have more quality all over the pitch to shut you down and exploit our weaknesses....(keeper, Defence and attack!!!), teams below us dont. Its that simple.

The solution is not to replace that 1 player with another similar. Its to add to it, so we can possible bench Ross, or play him further up without worrying about our overall attacking threat.

Im convinced that if you put Ross in that Chelsea team, he rips the league apart.

ALL players have poor games also.

It not excuses mate, we are discussing possible reasons why a player plays well or bad. He was poor the other day, but thats not because HE was crap or not bothered or did the bad stuff on purpous. Their are other factors in it, its not as easy as saying he was bad and thats it.

Now when players make big moves to United, City and Chelsea etc and they dont work, THEN you can argue that even by being surrounded by top players he does not look better then maybe was over rated. You cant say that about Ross, because what needs to happen for him to be "dragging this team up" is DCL scoring that goal, Valencia ideally being Bolasie or The Ox, or Tielemans etc.

Ross plays better against teams weaker than us....thats how football works. The better teams have more quality all over the pitch to shut you down and exploit our weaknesses....(keeper, Defence and attack!!!), teams below us dont. Its that simple.

The solution is not to replace that 1 player with another similar. Its to add to it, so we can possible bench Ross, or play him further up without worrying about our overall attacking threat.

Im convinced that if you put Ross in that Chelsea team, he rips the league apart.

He wouldn't get in their team ahead of Pedro or Hazard mate. I think he's had a very good second half of the season, but no way would he improve that Chelsea side, I'm sorry.

Got to be honest, I think he's had a great season and has shown real progress as he learns a role that in Britain we've not produced vast numbers of great players in his position. We've either produced outstanding players in his position (like Scholes) or a lot of flatter to deceive rubbish.

At his peak, if he has consecutive seasons of double figures for goals and assists he will have done alright .

I agree completely Orly. But I am thoroughly fed up with players thinking they are too good for us. They most certainly aren't. I want him to stay but if he doesn't want to then get rid. He will regret it badly and he's obviously listening to some very bad advice, but he's 23 and makes his own decision. If 100k a week ain't enough for him to play for his home club then shame on him not shame on us.

He wouldn't get in their team ahead of Pedro or Hazard mate. I think he's had a very good second half of the season, but no way would he improve that Chelsea side, I'm sorry.

Nobody thought Moses would be starting for them.

Good managers find the talent in a player.

Nobody really thought Ali would be starting games for Spurs when at MK Dons.

Who thought Tom Davies would be starting 20 games for us this season??

Put him in the Chelsea team he rips the league apart? He's not good enough to get in their side... they have fabrigas on the bench...

The question at Everton FC is not "how do we make Barkley amazing" it's how do we get the best team isn't it? At the moment we play with 3 defensive mids to accomodate him... that's fine if your goals etc are worth the sacrifice ... but it's not IMO... he's not THAT GOOD... he can do things that other players can not learn in a million years.... and he showed that at 17 years of age... the theory was that you can't coach that but you can coach the basics , tactics and awareness wil come in time ... his awareness sadly hasn't developed , his decision making is actually worse because he over thinks things.....and his long range goals, driving runs Etc aren't as common anymore... last season he scored his best goals tally so far, but he had no defensive responsibilities at all... an aurgument could be made that if we replaced him with a second striker they would have scored more ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back