Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one putting Ross's chances in the back of the net. I forgot that we had Brett Angel up front, could have sworn it was the league's leading goal scorer.

Suppose it must be because he is being given too much defensive responsibilities. Oh no, forgot again, he regularly has Schneiderlin, Gana and Davies doing that form him.

Have to be honest, think the players who play around Barkley are pretty good. I think those who understand football can see that Ross has been massively overhyped from a young age. Will he live up to it? who knows but you certainly don't.
[/QUOTE]

So its Ross's fault we conceeded 3 ??? and that DCL did not hit the back of the net ??

The agenda some fans have is blindingly obvious.

Rom is the leading scorer, and Ross is the 3rd most creative midfielder in the prem.....maybe the issue is not Ross and/or Rom ???????!!!

You see, I dont rate him a worldy or anything, I think he is a very good prem player with some top moments, and thats ok, because he cost nothing and we created him.

'Wouldn't sell him for 100 million'
'Better than Pogba'
'One of the best players in the Prem'
'Best player I've ever seen in blue'
'Miles ahead of Alli'

You might as well stick with it now like.

'Wouldn't sell him for 100 million'
'Better than Pogba'
'One of the best players in the Prem'
'Best player I've ever seen in blue'
'Miles ahead of Alli'

You might as well stick with it now like.

Stand by many of those, Ali is a 2nd striker these days pretty much.

I would prob sell for £100 mill tho!!!!

The problem with Barkley is all do to with extremes.

He is either boss or absolute crap. Nobody seems to see him for what he is. A good Premier League player. There is nothing wrong with that.

He has games where he has a bit of a mare like most top flight level footballers do, he will also have games were he plays really well, again like top flight players do.

Problem is we don't really have anyone else to play the role he does right now so he is very much in the spotlight. Subbing him changes the system and he can not really be taken out of the firing line if he is having a bad day.

He will never be a world beater, he has loads of ability but not as much as some of his backers claim and he does not do it consistently enough but some of the stick he gets is insane too.

We have basically got a quality premier league player from our youth system who should be good enough to be in our team/squad for the next ten years. Again, there is zero wrong with that.

I think that sums it up

Don't really understand fans spending so much energy on running him down. Ain't his fault people overhyped him and ain't his fault our attack hasn't had an intelligent player or two in seasons. I've said it before, the attacking unit is a mixture of speed, inconsistency, headless chickens, averageness, inexperience or crapness. Rom and Ross have done well giving their failings, but we have needed different qualities up front for ages.

I think that sums it up

Don't really understand fans spending so much energy on running him down. Ain't his fault people overhyped him and ain't his fault our attack hasn't had an intelligent player or two in seasons. I've said it before, the attacking unit is a mixture of speed, inconsistency, headless chickens, averageness, inexperience or crapness. Rom and Ross have done well giving their failings, but we have needed different qualities up front for ages.

I'd feel the same about any homegrown first team player. If they think they are better and bigger than Everton then I'd rather they left. Sick to the back teeth of players thinking they are too good for us, and when it's one if our own it's far worse.

I don't understand the argument that you can't blame him for not 'dragging us to victory'. He's our main , in fact probably our only creative outlet at the moment ,that's his actual job. When he plays well which he has this season,this is exactly what he does and what he is paid to do. You can't exonerate him from any responsibility and just blame the rest of the team, any more than you can exonerate a goalie from letting a soft goal in because Barkley wasn't on the line to clear it. Criticism is part and parcel of being a footballer. Some people just seem overly defensive where Barkley is concerned.

For me it's not just about Barkley, it's a football fan thing that I don't like. I've made other posts in the DCL thread in regards to this. I find a lot of of football fans to be impatient and lacking in balance.

For me the type of fans over-criticising DCL and moaning constantly about Barkley are precisely the type of fans who will be unbearable if we do actually become a successful and rich club......again.

I think that sums it up

Very good post.

See the RS for example. Ross has more assists than any of their players, Rom more goals.

Yet they're 3rd and we're 2nd.

For me it's not just about Barkley, it's a football fan thing that I don't like. I've made other posts in the DCL thread in regards to this. I find a lot of of football fans to be impatient and lacking in balance.

For me the type of fans over-criticising DCL and moaning constantly about Barkley are precisely the type of fans who will be unbearable if we do actually become a successful and rich club......again.
I agree with you to a point. But it's part and parcel of supporting any football team. I have a couple of people around me who hate Rom. One absolutely despises him and doesn't even celebrate his goals , ridiculous. However he is an Evertonian ,who cares about his club. Football is a release , a chance to think about something other than bills or whether we'll have a job next week. It's only value is the value we invest in it. The fans ARE the club , take them away and your left with 22 grown men in shorts kicking a bag of wind around a bit of grass. No player is or should be beyond criticism. We're all Evertonians even if we sometimes see things differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back