Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very good. The central thread running through it: the struggle between playing football in an entertaining and winning way and playing to win at all costs which has riven Argentinian football, resonates with me. I tend to divide football up in that way too.

I'm more of an Estudiantes fan. (I jest)

It's very good. The central thread running through it: the struggle between playing football in an entertaining and winning way and playing to win at all costs which has riven Argentinian football, resonates with me. I tend to divide football up in that way too.

...the book won't be as good as the film, though, Dave. Not sure if you've ever seen Angels with Dirty Faces but it's fantastic.

Did you read that we play 3 defensive midfielders to accommodate him in the shoot or the match comic.

We play 3 defensive midfielders as our defence is shocking and has no pace particularly at centre half.

It a testament to Koemans tactical acumen that we have conceded so few.

Mate a midfield of morgs , gana and Barkley would be amazing on paper and would free up another attacking postition ... trouble is we can't do that because Barkley cannot defend... so he needs to play further up... which makes him less effective IMO... Barkley main strength is/was his ability to carry the ball the length of the pitch and hit long rangers... he can't do that unless playing deep and is picking up the ball in his own half and attacking teams with space in front of him. He can't do that playing high up the pitch can he.. he receives the ball with his back to goal , in tight areas with no space , with two men on him or with the opposition already set up with 10 men behind the ball. This is when he over thinks it or picks the wrong option.. it's not his game. So no I didn't read it in shoot... he is more effective offensively when playing deeper... trouble is we can't play him there becuase it effects our ability to defend... hence why he's played further up and Davies plays there.

This is far off, that I have to question you even watching us this season ??

He has been quality since the turn of the year.....yet all that is forgotten because of his last 2 games.

This is far off? Can I ask ? In the games he has been playing well 10 games or so... how many long rangers or length of the field dribbles have we seen? No long range goals that I can remember and not many breaking runs... so they are less common then aren't they?

@Tel001 why do you hate him so much?

I don't t hate him at all... I want him to do well... but can't see it happening , I just don't rate him that highly.

The "hate" i have ... is people blindly defending him just because he's scouse and blue... he's played nearly 200 games for Everton and isn't potential anymore... he's played enough first team games to be judged how he is... He still has a couple of years until he's at his peak, but if he progresses at the same rate as the last 4 year then we will have built a team around a player that's not good enough to build a team around

iv just watched a rerun of Swansea away in martinezs first season and barkley looks a different player to the ross of today,
that youthfull enthusiasm and confidence appears to be gone,
he seems to labour through games nowadays!
hope he signs again we need a big squad for Europe,
if he leaves everton,I fear he could join rodwell,Jeffers,billy Kenny etc in the archives.

iv just watched a rerun of Swansea away in martinezs first season and barkley looks a different player to the ross of today,
that youthfull enthusiasm and confidence appears to be gone,
he seems to labour through games nowadays!
hope he signs again we need a big squad for Europe,
if he leaves everton,I fear he could join rodwell,Jeffers,billy Kenny etc in the archives.

That game remains in memory of one of his best. When he took the ball from just inside half way line, spun, drove at the defence and then hit the bar with a bullet. He simply does not play football like that anymore, period... it's a shame. He was more instinctive back then for sure, he's too scared to give ball away now.

Mate a midfield of morgs , gana and Barkley would be amazing on paper and would free up another attacking postition ... trouble is we can't do that because Barkley cannot defend... so he needs to play further up... which makes him less effective IMO... Barkley main strength is/was his ability to carry the ball the length of the pitch and hit long rangers... he can't do that unless playing deep and is picking up the ball in his own half and attacking teams with space in front of him. He can't do that playing high up the pitch can he.. he receives the ball with his back to goal , in tight areas with no space , with two men on him or with the opposition already set up with 10 men behind the ball. This is when he over thinks it or picks the wrong option.. it's not his game. So no I didn't read it in shoot... he is more effective offensively when playing deeper... trouble is we can't play him there becuase it effects our ability to defend... hence why he's played further up and Davies plays there.
Your simply demonstrating that either you have missed our games since January or listen to pundits & read the press. He has just had his most productive 3 months of his career &
Since Christmas has created the most chances from open play In the league starting from the right.

He has the licence to drift particlaulry inside this worked tactically as Coleman is able to cover the majority or the right side.

It's not working as well now as Coleman is missing & holgate is a centre half seriously can you not see that. He has also been forced to start in the middle when schneidrlin has been injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back