Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's potential and there's peak. Barkley at 27 will be different from him at 23.

And Tom Davies is the new Barkley, Barkley was the new Rodwell etc etc.

There'll be another player in 12 months that will eclipse Davies.

Hope so ! Be really good if we can get our Academy and youth setup unearthing a Gem every 12 months.

I'm coming to terms with the idea that Ross will leave. Not sure why a new deal hasn't been agreed, whether it's him or us but i think it's past the point of no return now. My guess is Koeman can't really fancy him long term otherwise the club would be pulling out all the stops to keep him.

I am slowly coming to the realisation that Ross is going to leave. The fact that DCL and now Seamus have signed new deals this week, with Davies being signed up a bit before and Rom publicly declining to sign a contract that was offered, makes me think that the suggestion that's been floated that Ross hasn't had a contract offer is pretty unlikely. The club, quite rightly, are using this time to tie up the contract situation of a lot of players so that it doesn't tick over into pre-season. I find it hard to believe that our most high-profile player with an expiring contract is being left until the summer in contract limbo.

I am slowly coming to the realisation that Ross is going to leave. The fact that DCL and now Seamus have signed new deals this week, with Davies being signed up a bit before and Rom publicly declining to sign a contract that was offered, makes me think that the suggestion that's been floated that Ross hasn't had a contract offer is pretty unlikely. The club, quite rightly, are using this time to tie up the contract situation of a lot of players so that it doesn't tick over into pre-season. I find it hard to believe that our most high-profile player with an expiring contract is being left until the summer in contract limbo.
My guess is we've offered him an improved contract but nothing close to what we offered Rom. As a result Barkley's agent has been out getting counter offers from other clubs - I'm assuming in the hope we up our offer on the table because i do think Ross wants to stay. Right now it's a case of each party waiting to see if the other blinks first but time is rapidly running out and Koeman doesn't seem that bothered at the thought of selling him. I think he see's it as take it or leave it and at the moment Ross is leaving it.
As i said though, total guess work on my part.

I'm coming to terms with the idea that Ross will leave. Not sure why a new deal hasn't been agreed, whether it's him or us but i think it's past the point of no return now. My guess is Koeman can't really fancy him long term otherwise the club would be pulling out all the stops to keep him.

Haha! Only if they are not quite good enough to get a place in our Champions League winning team;)

Agreed. Don't want him to go but he's City or Spurs bound imo.

Agreed. Don't want him to go but he's City or Spurs bound imo.
He's a blue and homegorwn so we want him to succeed here and it would hurt like hell if he goes somewhere like City or Spurs and suddenly becomes the player we know he can be (the papers will suddenly love him and he'll be an automatic starter for England just like Stones....obviously) but actually he's replaceable.

He's a blue and homegorwn so we want him to succeed here and it would hurt like hell if he goes somewhere like City or Spurs and suddenly becomes the player we know he can be (the papers will suddenly love him and he'll be an automatic starter for England just like Stones....obviously) but actually he's replaceable.
Call me a romantic but i'd rather seeing one of us in the blue shirt as a representative than a replacement.

Your simply demonstrating that either you have missed our games since January or listen to pundits & read the press. He has just had his most productive 3 months of his career &
Since Christmas has created the most chances from open play In the league starting from the right.

He has the licence to drift particlaulry inside this worked tactically as Coleman is able to cover the majority or the right side.

It's not working as well now as Coleman is missing & holgate is a centre half seriously can you not see that. He has also been forced to start in the middle when schneidrlin has been injured.

I have not missed a single game at all ... and I don't get to hear pundits as I live in Aus mate... I can't be bothered going over the same aurguments with different people.. these "chances " stats are mis leading... passing stats too... I seen a game the other day and Barkley lost the ball about 6 times in that match and everyone used his 96% pass completion to autgue that he didn't... he loses the ball by trying to dribble past someone or tries a turn when he should just pass etc these don't effect his pass completion ... I use my eyes not stats... and my eyes tell me he slows play, doesn't shoot when he should, picks the wrong option mostly, doesn't defend ( although he seems to have finally realised that you can't just pretend to press players and has actually improved in this area) , losses possession and doesn't perform in big games. The people that defend him are using the same types of aurguments that arsenal fans used to defend Wilshire before he was loaned out.. he's just not as good as people think... that's the reality...

I have not missed a single game at all ... and I don't get to hear pundits as I live in Aus mate... I can't be bothered going over the same aurguments with different people.. these "chances " stats are mis leading... passing stats too... I seen a game the other day and Barkley lost the ball about 6 times in that match and everyone used his 96% pass completion to autgue that he didn't... he loses the ball by trying to dribble past someone or tries a turn when he should just pass etc these don't effect his pass completion ... I use my eyes not stats... and my eyes tell me he slows play, doesn't shoot when he should, picks the wrong option mostly, doesn't defend ( although he seems to have finally realised that you can't just pretend to press players and has actually improved in this area) , losses possession and doesn't perform in big games. The people that defend him are using the same types of aurguments that arsenal fans used to defend Wilshire before he was loaned out.. he's just not as good as people think... that's the reality...
Pretty sure you constantly criticised him then once he started playing well you admitted he was a good player & now he had a couple of bad games he is rubbish again.

Stop talking utter rubbish comparing him to wilshere he has 7 goals & 14 assists in his premier league career playing games in a team that hasn't finished outside the top 4 in that time & regularlay stuffed weaker teams by big Scores his whole career is based on a man of the match performance away in the nou camp, Ross has 20 & 18 playing in a team that finished 2 years in 11th place almost identical games.

The stats issue you point out has some validity however they are metrics that are used to measure all players equally so if he is consistently ranked highly on for example assists or pass completion versus his peers, they are all marked using the same parameters so it certainly Does tell us something.

Face facts you just don't like him that's fine let's just hope he stays & proves you wrong.

Pretty sure you constantly criticised him then once he started playing well you admitted he was a good player & now he had a couple of bad games he is rubbish again.

Stop talking utter rubbish comparing him to wilshere he has 7 goals & 14 assists in his premier league career playing games in a team that hasn't finished outside the top 4 in that time & regularlay stuffed weaker teams by big Scores his whole career is based on a man of the match performance away in the nou camp, Ross has 20 & 18 playing in a team that finished 2 years in 11th place almost identical games.

The stats issue you point out has some validity however they are metrics that are used to measure all players equally so if he is consistently ranked highly on for example assists or pass completion versus his peers, they are all marked using the same parameters so it certainly Does tell us something.

Face facts you just don't like him that's fine let's just hope he stays & proves you wrong.

Firstly I didn't compare him to Wilshire... I compared the comments that people use to defend him to the ones the arsenal fans used...

Second I did critisize him but when he started playing well I didn't say he was a good player... I said he was our motm a few times and said it looks like he's turned a corner. My main problem was his complete lack of defending and pretending to press ( something that I have said countless times that he seems to be improving on)

The stats thing is completely true.. you can use stats to aurgue any point really but football stats like pass accuracy assists etc can't give an accurate picture IMO..

He's the highest assisting English player since Jan 2017 ? What does that even mean? Does it mean he's awesome because lukaku is finishing all the chances ? Or if Barkley gives lukaku the ball 30 yards from goal and he beats 5 players and smashes it in from 20 yards!

I have a question... why would I hate ross Barkley as you stated I do? What reason would I have ? I loved him when he burst on the scene ... I love watching Davies... baines is probably my favourite Everton player at the moment ... I love seeing young players in our team and local players ... I just don't rate Barkley like many on here do ... it really is as simple as that

Firstly I didn't compare him to Wilshire... I compared the comments that people use to defend him to the ones the arsenal fans used...

Second I did critisize him but when he started playing well I didn't say he was a good player... I said he was our motm a few times and said it looks like he's turned a corner. My main problem was his complete lack of defending and pretending to press ( something that I have said countless times that he seems to be improving on)

The stats thing is completely true.. you can use stats to aurgue any point really but football stats like pass accuracy assists etc can't give an accurate picture IMO..

He's the highest assisting English player since Jan 2017 ? What does that even mean? Does it mean he's awesome because lukaku is finishing all the chances ? Or if Barkley gives lukaku the ball 30 yards from goal and he beats 5 players and smashes it in from 20 yards!

I have a question... why would I hate ross Barkley as you stated I do? What reason would I have ? I loved him when he burst on the scene ... I love watching Davies... baines is probably my favourite Everton player at the moment ... I love seeing young players in our team and local players ... I just don't rate Barkley like many on here do ... it really is as simple as that
Didn't say hate I'd said you don't like him which you agree with that's fine & sorry but you can no longer level work rate or pretending to press so lose the argument on that one

Ross out for 35m and Gifi in for 25m. That'll do me because I think it's best for both Everton and Ross to part ways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back