Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract length not mentioned; only the offer of the contract itself. That's moving the goalposts.

The reality - Koeman/Everton won't mess with Raiola. Weakness.

Contract length has been mentioned numerous, numerous times. Koeman has said we have two years for Lukaku. Barkley only has one. No moving of goal posts. You are not pressed with 2 years left you have to sell at 1 to protect your investment.

It's a squad game...

He'd probably be guaranteed at least 35 games with all the competitions Spurs are in, and that's discounting injuries.

Champions League, a hugely talented young squad and a brilliant manager...

We're not too far off, but he may well already have had his head turned.

Though personally, from the little info out there it's City who are his biggest admirers.
CL football.
Team who were runners up.
Superb manager.
Better players (currently) overall.

If he chooses City, he's back with his buddy Stones playing for arguably one of the best managers ever.

It's hardly a bad career move for him.

Contract length not mentioned; only the offer of the contract itself. That's moving the goalposts.

The reality - Koeman/Everton won't mess with Raiola. Weakness.

He's previously mentioned the difference in contract length about 5 times before in press conferences mate meaning that the two players situations are different,does he need to repeat it every single time and if he doesn't then he can be jumped all over for not doing so?

Barkley has been making noises about wanting to play in the CL, no doubt one of them have turned his head.

I'd prefer him to stay, but Koeman has made the right call - next season is huge and he can't wait until August to find out what we need.

Barkley has been making noises about wanting to play in the CL, no doubt one of them have turned his head.

Celtic have CL.

Don't get this CL call. Maybe moving to Spurs will get him play for England even he will be a sub over there.

I totally respect Koeman saying we're not going to let this drag on until August. He wants to get his squad sorted early in the summer, and Barkley isn't going to detract from preparations from next season. How many pre-seasons in recent memory have been ruined by late departures or prolonged speculation.

I like Barkley but I also respect Koeman demanding commitment from players if they want to play for the club.

Celtic have CL.

Don't get this CL
call. Maybe moving to Spurs will get him play for England even he will be a sub over there.
Well thats a poor comparison.
He'd have to withstand 30-odd games of domestic dross to play in the group games of the CL.

At Spurs he plays in the PL with top quality and the CL with a better chance of tournament progression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back