Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players who want to play at Everton, those who don't out the door. Maybe then we'll win something. Quality without desire is useless. We've had 4 average years of Barkley and Lukaku so all this 'we'll fall apart without them' is nonsense.

He's already done that and wont commit to more. Looks like he'd rather play 20 games per season for a CL club than 38 for Everton.

So given that you want players to show commitment and passion for us mate, i take it your wanting rid of him if that's his mentality?

How much cash are we going to lose here on a fee for RB if the manager is telling everyone he doesn't want him in a couple of weeks time?

Great strategy.

Crux of it;

As indecisive off the field, as on it...

Wish the lad well, but Everton first and I don't think Barkley is good enough to bridge the gap with the teams above us.

Raw ability will only get you so far, I think he lacks the nous to ever be a top player. You'll see flashes on instinctive brilliance, but 9/10 when he gets the ball you can almost see the cogs ticking. Years we've all said his decision making would improve in time - I don't think it will. I also think he's fragile.

In an ideal world, he'd sign an compete with the players who come in, but if there's a Spurs out there who will pay a premium because of the nationality on his passport and the Evertonian 'prospect' hype, sell.

If he stays, unless we have a repeat of the last 2 transfer windows, he'll not be in Koeman's starting 11 most weeks. Convinced.

We've over-hyped him as we do so well in Merseyside - and the cracks are now showing.

Oh, and to add - if Ross Barkley wasn't an academy lad, I don't think anyone would be crying about missing his 4 league goals from this season.

The King is dead.
Long live Simon Davies.

Or something.

I understand neither of these sources are ironclad but it's literally the first two that pulled up and I can't be bothered to find more, so please accept this screenshot.
Concerning yes, as if they are true it shows his head was turned well before Koeman even arrived on the scene.

Everybody still assuming everything I see

The situation could still simply be Barkley aint happy with the current contract offer and is still looking to negotiate until happy with the offer.

Koeman however may be now basically stating sign or you are gone and that means he doesn't feel the player deserves whatever they are looking for.

We have no idea what is offered and what is wanted.

If the above situation is the truth I would be extremely unhappy, as I have always stated I would hate to lose a life long Blue because of the decisions of a manager who I still think will be here short term.

Either way, I guess we wait for a week and should know more.

So given that you want players to show commitment and passion for us mate, i take it your wanting rid of him if that's his mentality?
He's been dealt a terrible hand by the Dutchman. The lad has been singled out and vilified all season long.

If I was him - given the chance this feller is going to be here another two seasons - I'd get off too.

There is no bond there between Barkley and Koeman. That's down to the manager.

Crux of it;

Wish the lad well, but Everton first and I don't think Barkley is good enough to bridge the gap with the teams above us.

Raw ability will only get you so far, I think he lacks the nous to ever be a top player. You'll see flashes on instinctive brilliance, but 9/10 when he gets the ball you can almost see the cogs ticking. Years we've all said his decision making would improve in time - I don't think it will. I also think he's fragile.

In an ideal world, he'd sign an compete with the players who come in, but if there's a Spurs out there who will pay a premium because of the nationality on his passport and the Evertonian 'prospect' hype, sell.

If he stays, unless we have a repeat of the last 2 transfer windows, he'll not be in Koeman's starting 11 most weeks. Convinced.

We've over-hyped him as we do so well in Merseyside - and the cracks are now showing.

I don't agree with this, purely on the basis that we have seen an improvement this season.

The WBA game for example saw a player run the show and they're 8th.

In fact for a number of games before the derby he was fantastic and showing he can dictate games.

He needs another 12 months and he'll be that star we all thought he'd be.

What?!

I think it's the objective isn't it?

Of course CL is always the objective.

What I mean is players who wanna leave always say they want to play CL. No it is not barely only CL they shall say they wanna to join the Sky6 money clubs.

How much cash are we going to lose here on a fee for RB if the manager is telling everyone he doesn't want him in a couple of weeks time?

Great strategy.

Alternatively he's ensuring that every team that maybe want him is on notice he's available, which will end up driving any price up mate

Koeman wants to get the business done early this summer - thats obvious, you can't be sitting there waiting on Barkley to decide if hes staying or going well into the summer and then having to replace him

Great strategy.
Looks like he simply doesn't want to be here Davek, sad as that may be he can't hold up whatever plan we have for the summer, in many ways I agree with this strategy, it's make your mind up time Ross.

Crux of it;

Along with Rooney he's our most talented player since the 80s.

I don't agree with this, purely on the basis that we have seen an improvement this season.

The WBA game for example saw a player run the show and they're 8th.

In fact for a number of games before the derby he was fantastic and showing he can dictate games.

He needs another 12 months and he'll be that star we all thought he'd be.

the 12 month thing has been getting said about him for 3-4 years now mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back