Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he is top class. Same as Stones. They will get minutes at those clubs but will remain as squad players.

Progression in CL is another case. It involves with a lot of tv money.

Ross is going to be the player we all think will be. Been a gem this season.

Can't believe Sam is the new manager of England and he drops our diamond lol who is this West Ham winger?

Hoping loyalty still exists in particular Everton is your boyhood club. Please stay .

What?!

I think it's the objective isn't it?

If Pochettino leaves Spurs they could drop out the CL at any point. Now that it's 6 (hopefully 7) into 4, no one can guarantee continuous CL football in the way Barca Madrid Bayern Juve can. Chelsea United Spurs Liverpool have all not been in the CL recently and Arsenal will probably join that list next season. Will Barkley therefore go abroad for guaranteed CL?

No, of course he won't, he'll wind up at Spurs Arsenal or City and it will be to do with money, exposure, playing for England, and being a less important player as he clearly can't handle the pressure of being a team's main man.

As a club we gave him the ideal platform to succeed. Moyes gave him starts as a teenager at top away grounds in his favourite number 10 role, Martinez gave him anything he wanted, Koeman has continued to play him out of bad form altering tactics to get the best from him,and it's not happened for him. Eventually he only has himself to look st. All the talent in the world but is the desire to stamp his authority on this Everton side there? We'll soon find out it seems.

Yeah and he will get into the England squad because he plays for Spurs.
He'll be able to express himself with Spurs. They have a system that encourages such talent to flourish whilst demanding a shift. I think he'll progress IF he goes to them.

I wouldn't rule Arsenal out, tbh.

the 12 month thing has been getting said about him for 3-4 years now mate
Well that doesn't suit the Martinez narrative....

Has he improved more in the last season than he has for the the last three years in total?

It's an unequivocal yes.

Did we expect he'd just flick a switch and become a star man?

Ahh yet another excuse for Barkley

So ... his development / performances aren't what was expected because of

Moyes
Warnock
Woy
Martinez
Fat Sam
Southgate
Koeman
Leg break
The fans
His team mates

Now it's his agents fault he won't sign up?

Who said anything about fault. His agent is there to get the best deal for Ross and will know we want to keep him, so his agent will be holding out for the best deal possible as he will feel Ross has the upper hand due to the length left on his deal. Of course he will be saying that the later it drags on the more chance there is of us caving and paying extra £££, which in turn is extra money for him.

If and thats why I said if, Ross wants to stay then he needs to tell his agent to accept the deal as the club has called his bluff here. If he wants to go elsewhere then he can just ignore the last offer and be sold.

City have apparently agreed to pay that Adarabioyo kid £25k a week as he rejected previous offers and threatened to leave on a free - so clubs do cave.

Oh, and to add - if Ross Barkley wasn't an academy lad, I don't think anyone would be crying about missing his 4 league goals from this season.

The King is dead.
Long live Simon Davies.

Or something.

But that's the main point, no? I don't want him sold and the main reason is because he is a local lad and a blue and is a decent Prem league footballer. We haven't had many of those lately and its very important IMO.

If he wasn't a blue then no, I wouldn't be too fussed about losing a decent Prem League player with potential to be better. We have lost better before and moved on.

He'll be able to express himself with Spurs. They have a system that encourages such talent to flourish whilst demanding a shift. I think he'll progress IF he goes to them.

I wouldn't rule Arsenal out, tbh.

Where's that dislike button?????

Alternatively he's ensuring that every team that maybe want him is on notice he's available, which will end up driving any price up mate

Koeman wants to get the business done early this summer - thats obvious, you can't be sitting there waiting on Barkley to decide if hes staying or going well into the summer and then having to replace him
Best price fopr him would be to say "Ross Barkley is our player and is contracted to this club. He';s a valued part of the team. Our negotioans with him are ongoing".

Straight bat played - force those who are pursuing his signature to pay a decent price.

That's not for Ronko though. Ronko has to make sure he;s looking like the strongman.

He's been dealt a terrible hand by the Dutchman. The lad has been singled out and vilified all season long.

If I was him - given the chance this feller is going to be here another two seasons - I'd get off too.

There is no bond there between Barkley and Koeman. That's down to the manager.

Agree with this. If Barkley is not doing what the manager would hope on the pitch I won't blame the manager either.

How much cash are we going to lose here on a fee for RB if the manager is telling everyone he doesn't want him in a couple of weeks time?

Great strategy.

It does not matter because everyone knows he has a year left in his contract. If this drags on till August it will become even worst.

Ross and Rom part of our crown Jewels want out. Head of Academy leaves and new coach leaves straight away.

Think the honeymoon of Moshiri is over and we may have issues behind the scenes when our so called manager has turned on the redlight and standing in the window for a new job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back