Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
35 games? Yes, if 25 are from the subs bench.

He wants to leave, great. He's going from a guarantee Premier League starter to a guarantee League Cup starter.

Reap what you sow Ross.

No, 30-35 starts at a team like Spurs.

Anyway, it's pure speculation. He may simply want a bit more money (whatever) than the club are offering. Who knows?

Don't jump to conclusions and look to point fingers.

IF he wants to go, then he will be sold. If he wants to stay, then he'll sign. It's simple.

Ahh well, would prefer him to stay but I might save a bit of money as I've put a tenner on him first goal every game he's played this season.

But that's the main point, no? I don't want him sold and the main reason is because he is a local lad and a blue and is a decent Prem league footballer. We haven't had many of those lately and its very important IMO.

If he wasn't a blue then no, I wouldn't be too fussed about losing a decent Prem League player with potential to be better. We have lost better before and moved on.

We need more than decent to break the top 4

The lads bang average and it baffles me Arsenal or Spurs would waste there time with him, can only imagine it's to get more home grown players in

I don't agree with this, purely on the basis that we have seen an improvement this season.

The WBA game for example saw a player run the show and they're 8th.

In fact for a number of games before the derby he was fantastic and showing he can dictate games.

He needs another 12 months and he'll be that star we all thought he'd be.

Another 12 months?

How much longer are we going to say that?

Improvement is up for debate mate, but even if we agreed on that, I'd say it's still not enough.

4 goals - by his own admission he needs to be double figures every season.

He had a couple of good months - but there's a reason he was crying on the Everton bench not long ago and not getting a sniff of the England team.

Consistency - gut feeling and the last 3 years suggests we can't rely on Ross Barkley as a regular to bridge the gap with the top.

Koeman isn't here long term, and he won't want to play a lottery with him because he's a local lad.

He'll be able to express himself with Spurs. They have a system that encourages such talent to flourish whilst demanding a shift. I think he'll progress IF he goes to them.

I wouldn't rule Arsenal out, tbh.
They have a system that doesn't carry passengers and requires ever single player to put in a shift, I've yet to see Ross Barkley put in what would be needed effort wise in a few years now

He'll be able to express himself with Spurs. They have a system that encourages such talent to flourish whilst demanding a shift. I think he'll progress IF he goes to them.

He will be a sub over there.

The supporters wont get on his back all the time as well.

I know some people expect him as a fellow blue to sign but he probably expects his fellow blues to actually support him.

We need more than decent to break the top 4

The lads bang average and it baffles me Arsenal or Spurs would waste there time with him, can only imagine it's to get more home grown players in

We need a squad Ernie.

That squad will have decent players as well as hopefully top players too. Those decent players will get plenty of minutes. Sometimes they will be in crap form and will be out of the team, sometimes they will hit top form and deserve their starts.

I believe Barkley is more than capable of being one of those, and would prefer he stayed for his career.

The supporters wont get on his back all the time as well.

I know some people expect him as a fellow blue to sign but he probably expects his fellow blues to actually support him.

They wouldn't have the time too.

Wouldn't get the time to exasperate.

Best price fopr him would be to say "Ross Barkley is our player and is contracted to this club. He';s a valued part of the team. Our negotioans with him are ongoing".

Straight bat played - force those who are pursuing his signature to pay a decent price.

That's not for Ronko though. Ronko has to make sure he;s looking like the strongman.

Good we need a strong manager, Koeman is going about this situation in the right way for the club, really I dont think they are bothered about Ross as much as what thinks they should be, delusions of grandeur, as long as we can get a good fee its all good.

To suggest he'll do well at another club because he can 'express himself' is absolute cobblers and excuse making. Top players influence games on a regular basis regardless of tactics or manager.

We need a squad Ernie.

That squad will have decent players as well as hopefully top players too. Those decent players will get plenty of minutes. Sometimes they will be in crap form and will be out of the team, sometimes they will hit top form and deserve their starts.

I believe Barkley is more than capable of being one of those, and would prefer he stayed for his career.

Barkleys ego would never allow him to be a squad player here

I think Koeman may have dropped hints that he will be signing players in his position this summer and maybe he doesn't want to stay and fight for his place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back