Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you mean academy produced one

Kanchelskis and Speed blew him away ability wise
Speed was a fine player. Kanchelskis a much more potent one. When he's on his game though, Barkley can control a game more than those two - Speed and Kanchelskis had episodes in games this lad can write the whole story.

The water is polluted amongst Evertonians on Barkely. There's practically no sense to be had amongst the fuming. Anyone on the outside of the club looking in though can and do see what an astonishing talent he is. Pochettino would get it out of him.

Koeman is right in this instance. Apparently the offer has been there for Ross but he hasn't signed. Everton must be saying to Ross that the offer is the best we are offering you. It still hasn't been signed so now its a case of we have to get someone in to replace him if he doesn't sign so the correct ultimatum is made. Sign or be sold as we as a bigger entity need to move on quickly. Sign or go its as simple as that and not Koeman acting the strongman but Koeman wanting things sorted before the summer transfer window opens so they can search for a replacement or not.

If it is the case, I'd love to know who is deciding what to offer or not to offer. Again, I'd hate to see a possibly short term manager causing a possible career long blue to leave.

Gonna be a long week waiting on the outcome and details of this!

They have a system that doesn't carry passengers and requires ever single player to put in a shift, I've yet to see Ross Barkley put in what would be needed effort wise in a few years now
Hold on, isn't this the Barkley that many here were adamant that Koeman had got the best out of this season?

Lol. That notion seems to be a casualty in all these attacks concerning how over-rated Barkley is.

???? Do you mean just better than Barkley here?

Was responding to Dave suggesting he was the best player we have had since the 80's besides Rooney mate

Talking natural ability those two jumped out straight away, if we are talking about players who played better for us the list would be a lot longer

Good we need a strong manager, Koeman is going about this situation in the right way for the club, really I dont think they are bothered about Ross as much as what thinks they should be, delusions of grandeur, as long as we can get a good fee its all good.
Good we need a strong manager, Koeman is going about this situation in the right way for the club, really I dont think they are bothered about Ross as much as what thinks they should be, delusions of grandeur, as long as we can get a good fee its all good.
I'd rather he was a strong man away from home against decent teams instead of hiding the team behind the couch.

Hold on, isn't this the Barkley that many here were adamant that Koeman had got the best out of this season?

Lol. That notion seems to be a casualty in all these attacks concerning how over-rated Barkley is.

They are doing it in here and the Lukaku thread Dave, convincing themselves that we would be better having 100m rather than these 2 players.

I mean I could improve us with 100m, im just not sure to use my frandelinos saying @orly, Tripadvisor Walsh can.

Whilst one is somewhat reluctantly and sadly resigning ones self to Ross leaving, one hopes if this is indeed the case, that he bows out of Goodison on a high... a top drawer performance tomorrow embellished with a stunning goal... or two.
Hear hear.

All of those teams rotate and big players dont get to play all the games. It's a different set up to here. And I dont think he's ever been tasked with being Everton's top man. He's not a Gerrard type. He's a player that will flourish with better players around him who have better movement.

The real tone of this debate should not be about telling ourselves he's no great loss; the tone should be about 'why are we losing this talented player? What's going wrong here that he wants away and Lukaku want away?'.

This I agree with. Spurs and Arsenal are excellent at creation of space and movement and that alone will give Barkley more forward options to thrive. If Rom is shackled then Ross is basically made to make sideway and back passes or dilly dally on the ball waiting for the usually static players to move into vacant space. Barkley would excel at Spurs and Arsenal.

...you keep asking the same question about Barkley and Lukaku leaving, clearly you haven't heard an answer you like but it is a bit repetitive.
I think it;s one worth asking isn't it? If Stones then Barkley and Lukaku go you have to ask 'WTF is going on in that dressing room?'

I don't like the rewriting of history either Dave.

Barkley has had a great second half of the season after initially struggling. Koeman has certainly got something out of him that wasn't present in the last few years.

That being said, surely that should make Ross want to stay more. He's improving all the time.

I don't blame Ross and I don't blame Koeman. But a decision needs to be made soon, which is all the latter was saying in his presser.

Ronaldo wanted away from United. Some players want change for change sake. Lukaku will go to a CL club because he wants to play in it, then he'll want to move to a side winning it, then he'll want to move to a side who wins it but pays more etc. We're not at that level as we're 1 year into having a decent owner after 2 decades of regression. If Ross is fed up of waiting then fine, but if he wants to win stuff I have no idea why he's going to Spurs.
Might be Arsenal if he does go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back