Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll answer your question with a question to hopefully answer yours, is he good enough for any of the teams above us?

I don't know the answer to my own question though.

Squad player for them - yes for every one of the teams, starter - hard pressed to think who he'd start for - because frankly after about 4 seasons of watching Ross, i still have zero idea about what is his best position...

I'll answer your question with a question to hopefully answer yours, is he good enough for any of the teams above us?

I don't know the answer to my own question though.
I genuinely believe so.
Will he start every game at those clubs? Of course not.
But apart from the best players at those best clubs, how many actually do play every game? Few I reckon.

Arsenal for example. The only definite starters are Ozil, Sanchez and Koscielny. Not even Cech starts every game.

Crux of it;

"But if you need so much time then you have doubts - I like to work with players who like to stay."

As indecisive off the field, as on it...

Wish the lad well, but Everton first and I don't think Barkley is good enough to bridge the gap with the teams above us.

Raw ability will only get you so far, I think he lacks the nous to ever be a top player. You'll see flashes on instinctive brilliance, but 9/10 when he gets the ball you can almost see the cogs ticking. Years we've all said his decision making would improve in time - I don't think it will. I also think he's fragile.

In an ideal world, he'd sign an compete with the players who come in, but if there's a Spurs out there who will pay a premium because of the nationality on his passport and the Evertonian 'prospect' hype, sell.

If he stays, unless we have a repeat of the last 2 transfer windows, he'll not be in Koeman's starting 11 most weeks. Convinced.

We've over-hyped him as we do so well in Merseyside - and the cracks are now showing.

Well thats a poor comparison.
He'd have to withstand 30-odd games of domestic dross to play in the group games of the CL.

At Spurs he plays in the PL with top quality and the CL with a better chance of tournament progression.

I don't think he is top class. Same as Stones. They will get minutes at those clubs but will remain as squad players.

Progression in CL is another case. It involves with a lot of tv money.

I genuinely believe so.
Will he start every game at those clubs? Of course not.
But apart from the best players at those best clubs, how many actually do play every game? Few I reckon.

Arsenal for example. The only definite starters are Ozil, Sanchez and Koscielny. Not even Cech starts every game.

Fair opinion. I'm not convinced myself.

Not am i sure they would offer him the money he wants (allegedly). But you'd guess his agent is giving him the nod that somewhere, Spurs probably, may well do.

I really hope he signs, it would still be a good idea to bring in Sigurdsson, Klassen or Jean-Michaël Seri though, we need more than one creative midfielder.

He's had a dozen or so managers managing him, for us, the national side and a few loans and other than el fraudo no one has trusted him or seemingly rated him enough to make him a cornerstone of their sides

Make of that what you will

Crux of it;

As indecisive off the field, as on it...

Wish the lad well, but Everton first and I don't think Barkley is good enough to bridge the gap with the teams above us.

Raw ability will only get you so far, I think he lacks the nous to ever be a top player. You'll see flashes on instinctive brilliance, but 9/10 when he gets the ball you can almost see the cogs ticking. Years we've all said his decision making would improve in time - I don't think it will. I also think he's fragile.

In an ideal world, he'd sign an compete with the players who come in, but if there's a Spurs out there who will pay a premium because of the nationality on his passport and the Evertonian 'prospect' hype, sell.

If he stays, unless we have a repeat of the last 2 transfer windows, he'll not be in Koeman's starting 11 most weeks. Convinced.

We've over-hyped him as we do so well in Merseyside - and the cracks are now showing.

Hard to argue about anything in that

Guess it all comes down to if he wants to be a squad player here, or if his agent can convince him that he won't be a squad player at Spurs or Arsenal (which he ultimately will end up being)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back