Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross is a decent player. He can be replaced. No doubt. But i dont want him to go. He is a blue. He will be a better player with better players around him. Have no doubt about that. Thats why last summer was so important to make our mark in the market with lukaku and barkley in mind. We should have showed those 2 players we meant business. Instead we brought in antonio valentia. Its laughable. Now we not only have to try to convience 2 top players to replace these 2 we have to try to find another top 4/5 players on top of that. Impossible. Which means we will find it impossible to advance. Last summer was a shambles. We should have made a statemant.

I do accept they want out. They want f.a. to do with this edition of Everton.

THAT is a cause for concern.

Best three players at the club gone in 12 months it looks like.
They wouldn't of wanted anything to do with the Everton of the last twenty bloody years, we have won nothing, bought a lot of bog standard players and sat lingering as a wannabe. History means nothing to these guys. Hopefully we install a little more credibility over the next few years?

Some news for you mate. This fabled "Everton way" is a load of poo.

"The Everton way" for the past 30 years has been to have our heads patted by the elite whilst we finish mid table. Whilst our board run by a supposed evertonian absolutely destroyed our club with his lies and financial mismanagement. Whilst the playing staff bottle every big game, 95 apart. To win 4 out 40 something derbies. To have our best players leave because "were only everton".

"The Everton Way" doesn't work and hasn't for a long time, and if the board and TO want to deviate from it to put Ross Barkley under pressure then that's fine by me.

Here here .

Dave must be the only one who fantasises about this fabled Everton way.

Give me Ron et al over any of this supppsed Everton way.

I'm quite sure money isn't the object

It's clear he wants to go or else he'd have signed. Personally as with Rom I'd keep them both until there contracts run out. We need them. To lose them both will set us back years. Take Roms goals and Ross assists out of our season and look at our finishing position

Gonna be hard to sell the vision of us moving into the elite to any potential signings this summer.

"we're going places lad, we's got a new stadium, we gonna be dead boss'

"but you just sold your 2 biggest players ?"

"New stadium though lad"

Jesus Christ, in what world was Lukaku and Stones staying here.... none. What world do you live in

Exactly. We were lucky to get another year out of lukaku as most thought him gone last summer. Sadly, we couldn't make CL this season which I think was likely his deal breaker.

As for stones, christ, he wanted out 6 months before Koeman even arrived. He was never staying.

There wage bill is considerably higher than ours £46 million In fact.

I'll take the published accounts versus media friendly newspaper articles
I would imagine far more of their players are on higher wages overall, I think you will find that's where that comes from.

I'm quite sure money isn't the object

It's clear he wants to go or else he'd have signed. Personally as with Rom I'd keep them both until there contracts run out. We need them. To lose them both will set us back years. Take Roms goals and Ross assists out of our season and look at our finishing position

If only football was that simple and revolved around two players

Exactly. We were lucky to get another year out of lukaku as most thought him gone last summer. Sadly, we couldn't make CL this season which I think was likely his deal breaker.

As for stones, christ, he wanted out 6 months before Koeman even arrived. He was never staying.

It's unbelievable, I have no idea what generation he's living in.

If he has something agreed tell the club.
Well I'm lost. What on earth is his thought process he must have a deal agreed elsewhere & is it waiting for us to beat it.

We need to just sort it. Big clubs would pay to save face. We are appearing small time here & splitting the fan base

Gonna be hard to sell the vision of us moving into the elite to any potential signings this summer.

"we're going places lad, we's got a new stadium, we gonna be dead boss'

"but you just sold your 2 biggest players ?"

"New stadium though lad"

lollol

Sad thing is I can imagine Kenwright having this conversation many times over.

Dont forget lads, Felliani also scored in his last game at Goodison and was gone a few days later, just a way of thanking the fans :)

Jesus Christ, in what world was Lukaku and Stones staying here.... none. What world do you live in

With all due respect do you want to remain 7th in the league for the next 20 years. I dont. I want everton to challange for cups titles. Si the world we should strive to live in is a world where everton challanges. A world where you do everything to try to hold on to your best and bring in better. If you live in the other world be happy with 7th and never complain .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back