Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine far more of their players are on higher wages overall, I think you will find that's where that comes from.
Possibly I just thing wages are often published in a manner that the club has pre defined.

There are genuine people who think alli is paid & £55k a week. Ignorance is bliss

Gonna be hard to sell the vision of us moving into the elite to any potential signings this summer.

"we're going places lad, we's got a new stadium, we gonna be dead boss'

"but you just sold your 2 biggest players ?"

"New stadium though lad"

But football doesn't just work like that...

Koeman wouldn't allow Ross to leave if he didn't think he could improve the squad overall. He'd keep Ross even with the deal running out.

As such, he wants Ross to stay, but on our terms. If Ross doesn't want to meet in the middle then he'll go because Koeman would rather have the money to bring in replacements who he thinks will improve us.

Get used to it. He's said what most fans say all the time. He doesn't want a player here if they don't want to be here.

Ross, you'd think, would want to be here. But he needs to make it clear by either signing a new deal or rejecting it outright. And that HAS to be done before they all f off for the break because if not the club is in limbo.

With all due respect do you want to remain 7th in the league for the next 20 years. I dont. I want everton to challange for cups titles. Si the world we should strive to live in is a world where everton challanges. A world where you do everything to try to hold on to your best and bring in better. If you live in the other world be happy with 7th and never complain .

Plenty of the latter about. They all clapped Blue Bill.

It's unbelievable, I have no idea what generation he's living in.

Think it's partly an Everton thing, we like to look at our own shortcomings first, but often we forget that player power rules the game, and their ambitions are the deciding factor, not the fans or club.

Contract for Ross is on the table, down to him if he signs it.

The only thing I'd blame us for in this situation is if we've offered a really poor contract, which I doubt.

There wage bill is considerably higher than ours £46 million In fact.

I'll take the published accounts versus media friendly newspaper articles
Our wage bill is £16m larger according to the latest published accounts from the clubs.

WAGE.webp

With all due respect do you want to remain 7th in the league for the next 20 years. I dont. I want everton to challange for cups titles. Si the world we should strive to live in is a world where everton challanges. A world where you do everything to try to hold on to your best and bring in better. If you live in the other world be happy with 7th and never complain .

Every Evertonian a wants that, of course they do. But then 2 lads aren't Evertonians, they're footballers who want medals and more money.

Simple facts really, better teams than us want them and they want to join them. players hold the power not the clubs.

Well I'm lost. What on earth is his thought process he must have a deal agreed elsewhere & is it waiting for us to beat it.

We need to just sort it. Big clubs would pay to save face. We are appearing small time here & splitting the fan base

What part of "he isn't responding " do you not get . How can the club sort it if they haven't heard anything?

Splitting the fan Base. Christ . It's a player nothing significant.

But football doesn't just work like that...

Koeman wouldn't allow Ross to leave if he didn't think he could improve the squad overall. He'd keep Ross even with the deal running out.

As such, he wants Ross to stay, but on our terms. If Ross doesn't want to meet in the middle then he'll go because Koeman would rather have the money to bring in replacements who he thinks will improve us.

Get used to it. He's said what most fans say all the time. He doesn't want a player here if they don't want to be here.

Ross, you'd think, would want to be here. But he needs to make it clear by either signing a new deal or rejecting it outright. And that HAS to be done before they all f off for the break because if not the club is in limbo.

Potential signings aren't going to be arsed by any of that though, all they'll see is that we've sold our two biggest names. It's going to be hard to sell the clubs ambitions when 2 of its biggest names seemingly didn't buy into the sales pitch either and thus have now been sold.

Kidding yourselves if you think losing Ross, rom and stones within 12 months is anything but bad news. If it's true we want to win things under the new regime and be a cl team selling your 3 best players isn't the way to do it.

You don't magically jump from players like Barkley, stones, rom to signing world class players. We need to keep hold of these two, stones could be stomached because frankly our defense was terrible despite him being in it. Barkley, is inconsistent but is improving each year. Rom puts the ball in the net.

People will say look what spurs did after bale but they had already had cl exposure. We are in the europa league. We are gradually building something at the moment but if we let these two go, what's the attraction of being here? Two of our biggest names gone isn't the way to attract better players. Really not happy if Ross walks, I'll be utterly gutted and it sends out the wrong message going into the summer.

Potential signings aren't going to be arsed by any of that though, all they'll see is that we've sold our two biggest names. It's going to be hard to sell the clubs ambitions when 2 of its biggest names seemingly didn't buy into the sales pitch either and thus have now been sold.

Or, potential signings will see that they have been identified as the players to replace our key men and thus become the key men themselves?

What part of "he isn't responding " do you not get . How can the club sort it if they haven't heard anything?

Splitting the fan Base. Christ . It's a player nothing significant.
Surely they can force the issue for an answer better than this they must work with wasserman all the time .

If I offered you a job working for me at a derisory rate so much so much so it insulted you would you respond?

Yeah, "its all them...they did it, they're to blame".

Grow up FFS.

Anyone with two eyes in their head can see RB is being royally 'kin shafted by a bang average blow hard.

I'm starting to think you really do have an Orange for a head.

Barkley is obviously not letting the club know what's happening. If he refuses the contract that has been offered or keeping Schtum then if we don't sell him now we lose circa £25m. What do you want Everton to do? Koeman has said what he's said now - What would you like Everton to do as of tomorrow morning? Not what they shouldn't do or what has been said. What is Everton's next move in your eyes?

Kidding yourselves if you think losing Ross, rom and stones within 12 months is anything but bad news. If it's true we want to win things under the new regime and be a cl team selling your 3 best players isn't the way to do it.

You don't magically jump from players like Barkley, stones, rom to signing world class players. We need to keep hold of these two, stones could be stomached because frankly our defense was terrible despite him being in it. Barkley, is inconsistent but is improving each year. Rom puts the ball in the net.

People will say look what spurs did after bale but they had already had cl exposure. We are in the europa league. We are gradually building something at the moment but if we let these two go, what's the attraction of being here? Two of our biggest names gone isn't the way to attract better players. Really not happy if Ross walks, I'll be utterly gutted and it sends out the wrong message going into the summer.

It's not great news, but every club is a selling club.

Spurs sold Modric and Bale and look where they are now and no they didn't have CL exposure. They had qualified for it once in 20 years. It happens. It's football.

The attraction of being here is it's a growing project with one of the league's best managers and we have European football and play in the biggest league in the world.

If Ross doesn't want to stay, that's on him. If Rom doesn't want to, that's on him. The club have done what they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back