Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have imagined bale running riot at the San siro then. Silly me. A growing project is something you are improving. Letting your best players leave because you essentially don't want to pay them big bucks, despite claiming there are big bucks available is something entirely different to what happened with bale and modric. We want to compete with the likes of man u for pots and places, clubs like them keep their best players in this situation. They kept Rooney when they needed him in a situation very similar to this. Since then they'be won pretty much everything. Yes they sold ronaldo but he was on a long contract and it was on their terms for a world record fee.

What you on about mate? That was the season I referenced - the one time they qualified!

And that last part, btw - we'll only sell players on OUR terms. So why are you whinging?

We've set a world record valuation on Lukaku. If nobody pays it, he stays. We've told Ross that he needs to sign this deal or we'll have to sell on OUR terms, rather than let him go for free next year...

Offer him a contract he can't refuse. Show some faith in him and tie him to the club long term. If he's thinking of going elsewhere he doesn't feel valued. Make him feel valued. We've been hearing how we have money to spend etc so frigging spend it.

What would you offer him to stay? Give me some figures you think he's worth.

I honestly don't think he's good enough and would rather offer that money to someone better. I don't see us being so desperate to do something like that. He's. I doubt been offered a contract that Everton think he's worth. If he thinks he's worth more then good luck to the lad at yoyo clubs like Newcastle, West Ham etc. Hope he gets the offer he can't refuse at more desperate clubs than ours.

Changes can be good. In Koeman we've got a manager who knows how to deal with squad turnaround and get results.

Would i be sad to see one or both of Ross/Rom go? Absolutely.

But I'm refusing to get down about it. Koeman clearly isn't arsed. He's an ice man and he tells it how it is.

Ross needs to make his decision. Either way. Nobody can really begrudge him if he does want to go, but that needs to be made clear prior to Monday week.

Rom, for all of his faults, made his position clear months ago. As did the club in regards to his valuation and just as the club has done with Barkley since the start.

I agree, think the bulk of the squad know what's expected of them now. He'll look to spread the goals around next season rather than going through a focal striker, think that's how we'll replace Roms goals.

Like you said Roms pretty clear, from day 1 we were a stepping stone and I think even with mass investment he'd still be looking for Chelsea. It's his dream and he's done us a good job and earned his money.

Ross for whatever reason seems to want out, he's either got a very bad agent who is playing a dangerous game or he was waiting till he left the last home game to tell the world he's leaving. Either way I wish him well

I agree, think the bulk of the squad know what's expected of them now. He'll look to spread the goals around next season rather than going through a focal striker, think that's how we'll replace Roms goals.

Like you said Roms pretty clear, from day 1 we were a stepping stone and I think even with mass investment he'd still be looking for Chelsea. It's his dream and he's done us a good job and earned his money.

Ross for whatever reason seems to want out, he's either got a very bad agent who is playing a dangerous game or he was waiting till he left the last home game to tell the world he's leaving. Either way I wish him well

I'm honestly still hoping Ross will sign. But the only reason for it to be left this long - as Koeman said - is if the player has doubts (i.e. has had his head turned). That's fine, it happens all the time to players at every club, local lads or not. But, he needs to make a decision now so we can move forward one way or the other.

With Rom, it's different. The situation is clear. If someone meets his valuation (a massive, massive fee), we'll sell. But if not we're still in a position of power due to the contract having two years left to run.

With Ross, we aren't in that place if we let it go past the summer, which is why Koeman wants a decision now, which is totally reasonable.

Changes can be good. In Koeman we've got a manager who knows how to deal with squad turnaround and get results.

Would i be sad to see one or both of Ross/Rom go? Absolutely.

But I'm refusing to get down about it. Koeman clearly isn't arsed. He's an ice man and he tells it how it is.

Ross needs to make his decision. Either way. Nobody can really begrudge him if he does want to go, but that needs to be made clear prior to Monday week.

Rom, for all of his faults, made his position clear months ago. As did the club in regards to his valuation and just as the club has done with Barkley since the start.

I will definitely begrudge him if he decides to go though. It's a kick in the teeth for the club. I want us to push on massively and show him how wrong he was. I'm only interested in Everton. If he signs then great and that's what I want. But if he leaves then no, not one bit arsed about him. Hope he never picks up another point against us in his career.

What you on about mate? That was the season I referenced - the one time they qualified!

And that last part, btw - we'll only sell players on OUR terms. So why are you whinging?

We've set a world record valuation on Lukaku. If nobody pays it, he stays. We've told Ross that he needs to sign this deal or we'll have to sell on OUR terms, rather than let him go for free next year...
So getting 20 million for him is good business? It's too late to play hard ball, we should have done it 12 months ago and now we are in a desperate situation going into the most important summer for us in a long long time.

I'm whinging because it's the same old everton with a different theme tune. The club message is saying one thing, we've got money but the actions are saying something very different at the moment.

I will definitely begrudge him if he decides to go though. It's a kick in the teeth for the club. I want us to push on massively and show him how wrong he was. I'm only interested in Everton. If he signs then great and that's what I want. But if he leaves then no, not one bit arsed about him. Hope he never picks up another point against us in his career.

Yeh fair enough.

I meant more in the sense that players moving clubs is part of football though, on the whole. It happens and fans have to except it's part and parcel of the game.

I honestly don't know why people are assuming he wants out. How is that any more likely than him just not being happy with the offer on the table but still hoping for an agreement or wanting to sign. It may end in him leaving in the end, but doesn't automatically mean leaving was his first choice.

So getting 20 million for him is good business? It's too late to play hard ball, we should have done it 12 months ago and now we are in a desperate situation going into the most important summer for us in a long long time.

I'm whinging because it's the same old everton with a different theme tune. The club message is saying one thing, we've got money but the actions are saying something very different at the moment.

What are you on about?

12 months ago we'd literally just sacked our manager and were in limbo. We were in no position to do anything.

Let's face it, after Ross' iffy start to the season, he didn't warrant a new deal. We still started working on one in December that has been in negotiations now for six months. Koeman has clearly had enough and wants a decision, because selling Ross (and we'd get more than 20m, easy) or keeping Ross will affect what we're looking for this summer.

The club message has also stressed they are doing what they can to keep the players.

Rom has been offered double his current salary. Barkley's contract will be a bumper one as well.

I'm honestly still hoping Ross will sign. But the only reason for it to be left this long - as Koeman said - is if the player has doubts (i.e. has had his head turned). That's fine, it happens all the time to players at every club, local lads or not. But, he needs to make a decision now so we can move forward one way or the other.

With Rom, it's different. The situation is clear. If someone meets his valuation (a massive, massive fee), we'll sell. But if not we're still in a position of power due to the contract having two years left to run.

With Ross, we aren't in that place if we let it go past the summer, which is why Koeman wants a decision now, which is totally reasonable.

No Toff, it's not the only reason for it to be left this long.. There could be a complete breakdown in what each side sees as a fair and agreeable offer. The player wanting to stay but not impressed by the clubs offer or manner of negotiation or whatever. I don't know.

We will all know soon the outcome, or have more info, but it's amazing how many including yourself are assuming the player is at fault based on only parts of the whole picture.

I honestly don't know why people are assuming he wants out. How is that any more likely than him just not being happy with the offer on the table but still hoping for an agreement or wanting to sign. It may end in him leaving in the end, but doesn't automatically mean leaving was his first choice.

I think people automatically may jump to that conclusion but the thing is, this deal has been in negotiations for months now. There's time to hold out for more money, but that time imo has passed mate. We're now getting to a player approaching the last year of his deal (which yeh, could've been sorted earlier but for a plethora of reasons - some right, some wrong - wasn't) and possibly not giving the club a decision by the end of the season. To me, that's a player who may have had his head turned.

No Toff, it's not the only reason for it to be left this long.. There could be a complete breakdown in what each side sees as a fair and agreeable offer. The player wanting to stay but not impressed by the clubs offer or manner of negotiation or whatever. I don't know.

We will all know soon the outcome, or have more info, but it's amazing how many including yourself are assuming the player is at fault based on only parts of the whole picture.

Read my reply to you mate. Hope that's cleared it up.

Of course you are right, there is that possibility. But I think it's dragged on way too long (6 months now) to be purely down to a negotiation stand-off.

I also agree that this is a huge deal for Ross at this stage in his career, but taking into account his improvements this year, and the fact he has been a key player for us, you'd think he'd be more inclined to sign it if there wasn't another option available...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back