Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changes can be good. In Koeman we've got a manager who knows how to deal with squad turnaround and get results.

Would i be sad to see one or both of Ross/Rom go? Absolutely.

But I'm refusing to get down about it. Koeman clearly isn't arsed. He's an ice man and he tells it how it is.

Ross needs to make his decision. Either way. Nobody can really begrudge him if he does want to go, but that needs to be made clear prior to Monday week.

Rom, for all of his faults, made his position clear months ago. As did the club in regards to his valuation and just as the club has done with Barkley since the start.
I'm different to you mate. I do get down about it because I love both of them and don't want to see either of them move to another club, especially another premier club. I'm still upset over Stones when I think what Koeman's coaching could have done for him.

We know that Rom and Ross can both do it in the premier, albeit we accept that neither are the finished article. The majority of the players named as successors to tem are completely untried in the premier. Cutting it in Holland, Belgium, France and even Spain and Germany, is no guarantee of success when it comes to our league, as we've seen countless times before. They are all to some extent gambles, and very expensive gambles given some of fees being quotes.

I agree Ross needs to make a decision. And I'm completely behind RKs handling of the situation. But that doesn't mean that I have to like it.

I'm different to you mate. I do get down about it because I love both of them and don't want to see either of them move to another club, especially another premier club. I'm still upset over Stones when I think what Koeman's coaching could have done for him.

We know that Rom and Ross can both do it in the premier, albeit we accept that neither are the finished article. The majority of the players named as successors to tem are completely untried in the premier. Cutting it in Holland, Belgium, France and even Spain and Germany, is no guarantee of success when it comes to our league, as we've seen countless times before. They are all to some extent gambles, and very expensive gambles given some of fees being quotes.

I agree Ross needs to make a decision. And I'm completely behind RKs handling of the situation. But that doesn't mean that I have to like it.

Don't get me wrong, I won't be happy. It'll hurt, but I believe we'll come out stronger. It's what we do and it's what Koeman knows how to do.

Hopefully, Ross signs a new deal next week and the point is moot :)

Don't get me wrong, I won't be happy. It'll hurt, but I believe we'll come out stronger. It's what we do and it's what Koeman knows how to do.

Hopefully, Ross signs a new deal next week and the point is moot :)
That exactly my problem mate. I'm not convinced we will come out stronger. We've all seen how often overseas players fail in the premier. Or at best take time to acclimatise.

Anyway. Hope Ross signs next week as you say.

What would you offer him to stay? Give me some figures you think he's worth.

I honestly don't think he's good enough and would rather offer that money to someone better. I don't see us being so desperate to do something like that. He's. I doubt been offered a contract that Everton think he's worth. If he thinks he's worth more then good luck to the lad at yoyo clubs like Newcastle, West Ham etc. Hope he gets the offer he can't refuse at more desperate clubs than ours.
Sorry lads but I really think some of you are living in fantasy land. Last summer we had the big transfer talk and we were going to sign the likes of witsel, mata ET al. Those players didn't materialise. We kept Barkley and rom and signed second rate players apart from gana who have done little to improve the first team.

January we brought in schneids which was a fantastic acquisition for the club. How do you think we are going to sign players of better quality than what we already have in barkley and lukaku? The evidence is in front of you that we struggled to sign that next level of player in the summer. Gana was from a relegated villa. Schneiderlin was out of favour at man u with competition for his signature from the likes of west brom. We pick up players where the competition for their signature is from clubs below us without too much difficulty but what we are talking about when replacing players like Barkley and rom is we will be in competition with teams above us for players. Sigurdsson for example has been touted as a barkley replacement. Arsenal are linked with him. We have very little success rate, in fact none I can think of where we sign players when in competition for them with teams above us. Perez in summer. We finished 7th and are in the Europa league. Some of you need to get real.

Personally I think he's just as important to our future as lukaku so I'd offer him parity with him, maybe it's over paying him now but it may also give him that confidence to kick on. Sure it's a gamble but I'd rather we take a gamble with a player who's established at the club and showing signs of development every year than spend a boat load on someone who could come in and be a total flop. It also sends out a positive message that we mean business going into this summer.

That exactly my problem mate. I'm not convinced we will come out stronger. We've all seen how often overseas players fail in the premier. Or at best take time to acclimatise.

Anyway. Hope Ross signs next week as you say.

Who says we're going to go oversees mate?

Sandro isn't going (should he come) to be replacing anybody. He's a wide forward who plays in a position we've needed to fill all season and is ideal for Koeman's system.

Sigurdsson (just as an example) has spent his entire career in England.

As always, a balance is key. We have done all of our shopping so far from clubs in Britain.

Who says we're going to go oversees mate?

Sandro isn't going (should he come) to be replacing anybody. He's a wide forward who plays in a position we've needed to fill all season and is ideal for Koeman's system.

Sigurdsson (just as an example) has spent his entire career in England.

As always, a balance is key. We have done all of our shopping so far from clubs in Britain.
Tielemans and Klassen are 2 off the top of my head. And several in respect to Rom.

What are you on about?

12 months ago we'd literally just sacked our manager and were in limbo. We were in no position to do anything.

Let's face it, after Ross' iffy start to the season, he didn't warrant a new deal. We still started working on one in December that has been in negotiations now for six months. Koeman has clearly had enough and wants a decision, because selling Ross (and we'd get more than 20m, easy) or keeping Ross will affect what we're looking for this summer.

The club message has also stressed they are doing what they can to keep the players.

Rom has been offered double his current salary. Barkley's contract will be a bumper one as well.
We were in a position to spend some money and back the new manager. Especially having just sold stones for 50 million quid. For me mate actions speak louder than words. If we had money like the club keep saying we would be spending it on complimenting what we already have in the squad by bringing in quality players and keeping the quality players we already have. All the talk coming out of the club is regarding lukaku and Barkley heading for the exit. Doesn't matter which way they try spin it, it's bad news.

We were in a position to spend some money and back the new manager. Especially having just sold stones for 50 million quid. For me mate actions speak louder than words. If we had money like the club keep saying we would be spending it on complimenting what we already have in the squad by bringing in quality players and keeping the quality players we already have. All the talk coming out of the club is regarding lukaku and Barkley heading for the exit. Doesn't matter which way they try spin it, it's bad news.

If we had all the money in the world Rom would still want to join Chelsea. I have no idea what you're trying to get at, players want to leave. It's football, get over it

we have spent close to 40m net o transfers since moshiri'a arrival

Sorry lads but I really think some of you are living in fantasy land. Last summer we had the big transfer talk and we were going to sign the likes of witsel, mata ET al. Those players didn't materialise. We kept Barkley and rom and signed second rate players apart from gana who have done little to improve the first team.

January we brought in schneids which was a fantastic acquisition for the club. How do you think we are going to sign players of better quality than what we already have in barkley and lukaku? The evidence is in front of you that we struggled to sign that next level of player in the summer. Gana was from a relegated villa. Schneiderlin was out of favour at man u with competition for his signature from the likes of west brom. We pick up players where the competition for their signature is from clubs below us without too much difficulty but what we are talking about when replacing players like Barkley and rom is we will be in competition with teams above us for players. Sigurdsson for example has been touted as a barkley replacement. Arsenal are linked with him. We have very little success rate, in fact none I can think of where we sign players when in competition for them with teams above us. Perez in summer. We finished 7th and are in the Europa league. Some of you need to get real.

Personally I think he's just as important to our future as lukaku so I'd offer him parity with him, maybe it's over paying him now but it may also give him that confidence to kick on. Sure it's a gamble but I'd rather we take a gamble with a player who's established at the club and showing signs of development every year than spend a boat load on someone who could come in and be a total flop. It also sends out a positive message that we mean business going into this summer.

After the shambles of last year, no class player in their right mind would look at us. I think we're a (very) slightly better proposition now with league position, Europe, finance and potential new stadium progress. Someone in the Christian eriksen mould I'm thinking of that we should be attempting to recruit. If a player like that is a wanted man it means he's rated by more than one team and I would expect competition for his signature. I think it's a bit defeatist to list all those players and say we won't get them as other clubs 'might' want them. They all don't have to be super sexy Euro players. As you say Gana was a steal from a relegated villa, SchneiderLin was not getting on Man Us bench at times, but they both moved us forward massively. And we bought a Coleman from Sligo, stones from Barnsley etc. Players are out there like what we need to move is on, and they maybe unknown right now.

Hypothetically - say we have offered him parity with lukaku and hes still not signed. How far do you go? We don't know the situation so that may or may not be the case.

I think me and you have different views on the situation, and that's fine and healthy. There's a beast of a player inside that frame of his, and I've said multiple times I'd love him to be as boss as I think he could be, but he ain't good enough for a CL club. That the next step we need to be looking towards and I'm now convinced he won't take us there - so why offer him stupid money to stagnate where we are (Would love him to prove me wrong though if he stayed on the terms offered).

Rambled a bit there. Sorry lid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back