Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Care to explain why this had to be dragged into the public domain with a 'sign or leave' order? Barkley forced that response did he?

It;s a disgrace.

Why do you want to defend a player who doesn't want to sign for us, despite being offered a good contract?

Koeman didn't drag it in to the public domain. He was asked a question and answered it honestly.

I know you prefer managers who just say everything is phenomenal while everything is collapsing around them but still.

I don't see how any 'fan' of the club can try to twist Ross not wanting to sign against our manager\board. Koeman didn't slate Ross, he just told the truth.

You and Ross can't seem to handle the truth.

Or, potential signings will see that they have been identified as the players to replace our key men and thus become the key men themselves?

Maybe, just as likely (if not more so) we could miss out on the top targets because they don't buy into the 'project', just like last season.

If you thought the project was a hard sale last season then think about this season after the club loses its two biggest names. Sure we have Europa but i don't think that's going to be the defining factor in signing top class replacements.

It's all assumptions anyway, only time will tell but im not exactly brimming with confidence that we come out of this forthcoming window better than we go into it.

I'm starting to think you really do have an Orange for a head.

Barkley is obviously not letting the club know what's happening. If he refuses the contract that has been offered or keeping Schtum then if we don't sell him now we lose circa £25m. What do you want Everton to do? Koeman has said what he's said now - What would you like Everton to do as of tomorrow morning? Not what they shouldn't do or what has been said. What is Everton's next move in your eyes?
Offer him a contract he can't refuse. Show some faith in him and tie him to the club long term. If he's thinking of going elsewhere he doesn't feel valued. Make him feel valued. We've been hearing how we have money to spend etc so frigging spend it.

Why do you want to defend a player who doesn't want to sign for us, despite being offered a good contract?

Koeman didn't drag it in to the public domain. He was asked a question and answered it honestly.

I know you prefer managers who just say everything is phenomenal while everything is collapsing around them but still.

I don't see how any 'fan' of the club can try to twist Ross not wanting to sign against our manager\board. Koeman didn't slate Ross, he just told the truth.

You and Ross can't seem to handle the truth.

Oh, me me me!!! I know the answer:

To stick another knife into our club, owner and manager

If he was that's the second time this year . Needs to deal with rejection better.

More important things in life.
Not having a go at you personally mate, I just happened to have chosen your thread to respond to. I know there are many more on this forum who share your opinion of Barkley, and sadly thousands more who I have to listen to every other week at Goodison Park.

Ross Barkley is a rare commodity. He is a gem of a footballer who doesn't fit into any standard mould. Which makes him a conundrum for managers and clubs alike. He's brilliant one week and not so brilliant the next. The problem is we always judge him against his brilliant best, so when he doesn't hit those heights he has under performed. When he has a poor game, he is actually the worst player who ever put on an Everton shirt. or so it would appear to many.

The simple fact is, he is the only current Everton player who has an ounce of creativity in him. Play well, we win and he invariably gets MOM. Play poorly and we don't win. Not play at all and we are basically totally bereft of any creativity whatsoever (Swansea last week as an example of many).

The problem is the amount of stick he gets every time he plays poorly. One bad game and a 10 game run of very good/good games are immediately forgotten. Even when he plays well there are hundreds of "fans" hounding him for the slightest mistake.

Which brings us to the current apparent stand off over his contract. I doubt if anybody who posts on his forum has any real inside knowledge of his contract negotiations, so basically it's all hearsay, opinions, and interpretations of what Koeman says in the subject. But by all accounts he's already been found guilty and sentenced.

I really hope he signs a new contract. I really hope we bring in more top class players to augment what he (and Lukaku) brings to the team. But I'm now starting to believe that this won't happen and I, for one, would not blame him, given the treatment he gets from large portions of our fan base. If he doesn't stay, I would take a great amount of pleasure if he really smashes it at his new club and turns into the world class player I believe him capable of.

Sadly, it isn't just Barkley. The same thing happened with John Stones. And having read the youth team thread earlier I'm starting to see similar overtones with Kieran Dowell, another gem of a footballer.

After 50 years of watching my team I'm starting to believe that Evertonians don't deserve nice things. It makes me very sad.

12 months into the new order and we have a situation where the three best young players at the club are either gone or going.

THAT is a scandal.

They might get away with it in the short term, but if next season goes arse up and we go backward this will all be on deck with a lot of recriminations.

This Dutchman is making a massive rod for his own back.

No. He's making the best of a bad situation.

It's not his fault Ross and Lukaku want to leave.

He's doing everything the right way, yet you still slag him off. Such a WUM.

Every Evertonian a wants that, of course they do. But then 2 lads aren't Evertonians, they're footballers who want medals and more money.

Simple facts really, better teams than us want them and they want to join them. players hold the power not the clubs.

Totally agree with you. But apart from madrid and barca all teams struggle to hanf on to their better players. Their better players want to move to a higher ranking club. If barca came in for hazard he would jump in. But to progress you need to hang to those top players who want to move on. Get thought that 1 season they are restless. Add more top players. Change their minds. It can be done. The alternernative us remain in 7th. 7th next year. 7th the year after. 7rh the year after that .Etc

Surely they can force the issue for an answer better than this they must work with wasserman all the time .

If I offered you a job working for me at a derisory rate so much so much so it insulted you would you respond?

Stop chatting absolute wham.

If 70k a week ain't enough for a blue to play for Everton, then he's not blue at all.

I don't think this is about money tho. This is about Tottenham Hotspur, a greedy agent, and being tapped up.

Totally agree with you. But apart from madrid and barca all teams struggle to hanf on to their better players. Their better players want to move to a higher ranking club. If barca came in for hazard he would jump in. But to progress you need to hang to those top players who want to move on. Get thought that 1 season they are restless. Add more top players. Change their minds. It can be done. The alternernative us remain in 7th. 7th next year. 7th the year after. 7rh the year after that .Etc

Mate we've had Lukaku and Ross for the last 4 years, plenty of time to progress. The issue was that we've been so poorly mismanaged for 24 months prior to this season that it's set us back.

We need to reset now we have investment.

Maybe, just as likely (if not more so) we could miss out on the top targets because they don't buy into the 'project', just like last season.

If you thought the project was a hard sale last season then think about this season after the club loses its two biggest names. Sure we have Europa but i don't think that's going to be the defining factor in signing top class replacements.

It's all assumptions anyway, only time will tell but im not exactly brimming with confidence that we come out of this forthcoming window better than we go into it.

fair enough. I trust the guys in charge (well, the guys who should be in charge) to ensure that we do.

It's not for a lack of trying though, which is what you seem to be getting at. We've offered Rom a huge deal and haven't exactly shied away from giving one to Barkley either.

It's not great news, but every club is a selling club.

Spurs sold Modric and Bale and look where they are now and no they didn't have CL exposure. They had qualified for it once in 20 years. It happens. It's football.

The attraction of being here is it's a growing project with one of the league's best managers and we have European football and play in the biggest league in the world.

If Ross doesn't want to stay, that's on him. If Rom doesn't want to, that's on him. The club have done what they can.
I must have imagined bale running riot at the San siro then. Silly me. A growing project is something you are improving. Letting your best players leave because you essentially don't want to pay them big bucks, despite claiming there are big bucks available is something entirely different to what happened with bale and modric. We want to compete with the likes of man u for pots and places, clubs like them keep their best players in this situation. They kept Rooney when they needed him in a situation very similar to this. Since then they'be won pretty much everything. Yes they sold ronaldo but he was on a long contract and it was on their terms for a world record fee.

Mate we've had Lukaku and Ross for the last 4 years, plenty of time to progress. The issue was that we've been so poorly mismanaged for 24 months prior to this season that it's set us back.

We need to reset now we have investment.

Changes can be good. In Koeman we've got a manager who knows how to deal with squad turnaround and get results.

Would i be sad to see one or both of Ross/Rom go? Absolutely.

But I'm refusing to get down about it. Koeman clearly isn't arsed. He's an ice man and he tells it how it is.

Ross needs to make his decision. Either way. Nobody can really begrudge him if he does want to go, but that needs to be made clear prior to Monday week.

Rom, for all of his faults, made his position clear months ago. As did the club in regards to his valuation and just as the club has done with Barkley since the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back