Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he looks better playing deeper in a midfield three with the game in front of him myself.

Depends how we set up, but I agree.

Against teams that we need to take the impetus against (Villa, for example) then I'd like to see him play in a three, with McCarthy and Barry sitting slightly deeper.

Against sides that we are looking to do on the counter, I'd play him further up-field in the No.10 position, and get him to lead our attacks from midfield.

Depends how we set up, but I agree.

Against teams that we need to take the impetus against (Villa, for example) then I'd like to see him play in a three, with McCarthy and Barry sitting slightly deeper.

Against sides that we are looking to do on the counter, I'd play him further up-field in the No.10 position, and get him to lead our attacks from midfield.
With McCarthy and Barry slightly deeper?
Like the system we play every week

Need to drop one of Barry or McCarthy and play cleverly with Barkley
Cleverly at least attempts to go forward and get in the box and is not afraid to have a shot or try to take a man on

I've said all season having another. Attack minded player next to Barkley will give him more space
Instead of Barry abd McCarthy holding hands behind him

With McCarthy and Barry slightly deeper?
Like the system we play every week

Need to drop one of Barry or McCarthy and play cleverly with Barkley
Cleverly at least attempts to go forward and get in the box and is not afraid to have a shot or try to take a man on

I've said all season having another. Attack minded player next to Barkley will give him more space
Instead of Barry abd McCarthy holding hands behind him

McCarthy is more than capable of getting forward, and has played well in the last few games. Barry has been fantastic for the majority of this season.

And I meant something like (generic formation on the way):

--------------------------Howard----------------------
Coleman ------- Stones -------- Mori -------- Baines
---------------------------Barry------------------------
----------------McCarthy ------------------------------
------------------------------------Barkley ------------
Deulofeu ----------------------------------- Kone ----
--------------------------Lukaku------------------------

McCarthy is more than capable of getting forward, and has played well in the last few games. Barry has been fantastic for the majority of this season.

And I meant something like (generic formation on the way):

--------------------------Howard----------------------
Coleman ------- Stones -------- Mori -------- Baines
---------------------------Barry------------------------
----------------McCarthy ------------------------------
------------------------------------Barkley ------------
Deulofeu ----------------------------------- Kone ----
--------------------------Lukaku------------------------
I disagree about McCarthy
Yes he has energy and can at times get around the oppositions box
But he been a regular in the Prem now for 5/6 years and scores 1 goal a season and doesn't get many assists

He has to play in one possition only for me and that's infront of the back 4 like he's done recently with good effect for Ireland IE Germany

To be fair though Barry has been good this year

But to move forward as a team we need another quality midfielder alongside Barkley

Hodgson on Alli "It was as close to a faultless performance as you can get, I did not think he was anything other than top class, it is amazing at that age to have no previous experience and to go in and do what he did tonight was quite outstanding. He will obviously get a lot of praise for that performance, and he deserves a lot of praise."

Yet when Barkley played really well in one of his England games and Hodgson was interviewed after the game (I can't remember who was interviewing Hodgson) the interviewer starting praising Barkley's performance, and asked Hodgson what he though, you could see Hodgson resisting to offer any praise, and he just started mumbling on about how there were other players out there who had played well.

What a bellend.

Might be a good thing
As
Hodgson on Alli "It was as close to a faultless performance as you can get, I did not think he was anything other than top class, it is amazing at that age to have no previous experience and to go in and do what he did tonight was quite outstanding. He will obviously get a lot of praise for that performance, and he deserves a lot of praise."

Yet when Barkley played really well in one of his England games and Hodgson was interviewed after the game (I can't remember who was interviewing Hodgson) the interviewer starting praising Barkley's performance, and asked Hodgson what he though, you could see Hodgson resisting to offer any praise, and he just started mumbling on about how there were other players out there who had played well.

What a bellend.
maybe a good thing as the limelight will be shifted on to Ali
And all the pressure leading up to the Euro's

He had a very good game to be fair
But he still lost the ball at times as did dier

Ross is not one of Roy's favourites and may never be
Like sterling is never criticised

One paper gave stones a 5 and just mentioned him loosing the ball on that run in the 1st half in the write up

But gave Clyne a 6 who I thought gave the ball away a lot in the 1st half when he was trying to pass forward

If stones has joined Chelsea and Ross was at s London club
I think the media love in for these 2 would be much higher

Might be a good thing
As

maybe a good thing as the limelight will be shifted on to Ali
And all the pressure leading up to the Euro's

He had a very good game to be fair
But he still lost the ball at times as did dier

Ross is not one of Roy's favourites and may never be
Like sterling is never criticised

One paper gave stones a 5 and just mentioned him loosing the ball on that run in the 1st half in the write up

But gave Clyne a 6 who I thought gave the ball away a lot in the 1st half when he was trying to pass forward

If stones has joined Chelsea and Ross was at s London club
I think the media love in for these 2 would be much higher

Stones was sound, and if Hodgson doesn't see him as one of his first choice centre - halfs, then he's more of a tool than I already think he is.

Ridiculous he played so many minutes in meaningless games, now we have to suffer when hes blowing out his ass against villa
He's England's player now mate. We've just got to look after him, make sure he doesn't play too much or get injured, and most of all let him move on to a better team when they come calling, and for a reasonable fee. It's our duty.

Ridiculous he played so many minutes in meaningless games, now we have to suffer when hes blowing out his ass against villa
He's England's player now mate. We've just got to look after him, make sure he doesn't play too much or get injured, and most of all let him move on to a better team when they come calling, and for a reasonable fee. It's our duty.

Ross had a decent game and was in the right position for him. But have to say it went a bit wrong when Lallana came on, he seemed to take up Ross's space. Do not think it will work having the two on the pitch at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back