Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bizarre this. Who knows what's going on. It doesn't seem like he's pushing for a move his agent would surely have his name all over the papers being linked with everyone in he were. Seems both camps are staying quiet which to me sounds like he will sign or perhaps already has signed. Hope he stays.

I think that we won't get a comparable replacement for the money we'd get for a player in the final year of his contract.

So I think we should try to keep him for now.

'Koeman said that he still did not know if Barkley would sign a new deal but, having told the player that he must sign the deal that is on offer or be sold, he is expecting further clarity on Monday. “I will speak to the board and we will make a fashion statement about that”'.

Monday came and went...no fashion statement....then another Monday...no fashion statement...then another Monday....no fashion statement.

Maybe tomorrow was the Monday they meant?

Ronald-Koeman-2.jpg

I don't think RK has played the RB situation too well.
An ultimatum was apparently issued, but seemingly not carried through.

To me RK has been shown to be weak. The power held by the player and agent obvious.

Hopefully common sense will prevail and EFC will announce a new deal soon.

RK has been involved as an assistant and a manager we are his 11th club!
Won nothing we pay him 6 million a year - and he dictates to Ross on what he should accept sorry not his job it's a board /agent matter not an ultimatum from a bully boy manager ok!
You think Ron has offered the contract? The board have done that and by all accounts it's a good 'un. All Ronald has said is that if he decides not to sign then we'll sell because we don't want to risk him going for nowt next year. Seems reasonable to me tbh. We can't have players, whoever they are, dictating to the club when they're ready. It has to be on OUR terms. "OUR" meaning the club.
I will say that Ronny boy shouldn't have given the ultimatum because nothing came of that, but I think his point was correct. Sign or 'koff. Get behind the manager not some wantaway fella.

I don't think RK has played the RB situation too well.
An ultimatum was apparently issued, but seemingly not carried through.

To me RK has been shown to be weak. The power held by the player and agent obvious.

Hopefully common sense will prevail and EFC will announce a new deal soon.

Well we cant carry it through until the window opens

You think Ron has offered the contract? The board have done that and by all accounts it's a good 'un. All Ronald has said is that if he decides not to sign then we'll sell because we don't want to risk him going for nowt next year. Seems reasonable to me tbh. We can't have players, whoever they are, dictating to the club when they're ready. It has to be on OUR terms. "OUR" meaning the club.
I will say that Ronny boy shouldn't have given the ultimatum because nothing came of that, but I think his point was correct. Sign or 'koff. Get behind the manager not some wantaway fella.
Juries still out on our manager imo Ok!

?????

Are you dense?

He never said he would be sold 21 days ago, he said he would be sold, i.e, we wont allow him to get into the last 12months of his contract.
Our manager handing Ross ultimatums dropping him while Lukaku blatently shows disloyalty????
Ross has been given stick sometimes undeserving by RK imo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back