Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Koeman said that he still did not know if Barkley would sign a new deal but, having told the player that he must sign the deal that is on offer or be sold, he is expecting further clarity on Monday. “I will speak to the board and we will make a statement about that”'.

He doesn't say anywhere that I have seen that the club will be making a statement on Monday (unless I missed that) he says they will be talking to Ross, and they need an answer Monday. My guess is that discussion took place, and the club have their answer...
If they didn't have an answer, that would totally undermine the manager, and I couldn't see RK putting up with that, so quite confident the club know where the RB camp stand now
Funny how some were upset RK said anything public, but now if they are working out details behind closed doors, people are upset with that too..... You really do have to love our supporters!

'Koeman said that he still did not know if Barkley would sign a new deal but, having told the player that he must sign the deal that is on offer or be sold, he is expecting further clarity on Monday. “I will speak to the board and we will make a statement about that”'.

He doesn't say anywhere that I have seen that the club will be making a statement on Monday (unless I missed that) he says they will be talking to Ross, and they need an answer Monday. My guess is that discussion took place, and the club have their answer...
If they didn't have an answer, that would totally undermine the manager, and I couldn't see RK putting up with that, so quite confident the club know where the RB camp stand now
Funny how some were upset RK said anything public, but now if they are working out details behind closed doors, people are upset with that too..... You really do have to love our supporters!

This is probably right. Just because a player is available for transfer it doesn't mean there is someone who wants to buy him or indeed that that transfer will be straightforward and will happen rapidly. It's hard to see RonKo and Ross working together now and the club should always back the manager (or sack him I suppose but that seems extraordinarily unlikely).

He needs to learn to hold his tongue.

It was quite obviously an ultimatum and phrased that way for maximum dramatic impact and to underline he's in charge.

Then the club had to deal with that unwanted timescale and have had to fend off daily inquiries as to RBs status while "the Ronk" suns himself on some beach somewhere.

It was an idiot statement to issue and helped no one other than to stroke his own pathetic ego.

I sincerely hope and believe that RB will be here long after this Dutchman has gone.

I have a feeling Ross. Will leave around the transfer deadline day or even January. Every other club knows if the hang on the can get him cheaper. Ross would be well advised to at least sign a year extention though. He is already struggling to get in the England squad. If he doesn't play he will have no chance of go to the World Cup next summer

He needs to learn to hold his tongue.

It was quite obviously an ultimatum and phrased that way for maximum dramatic impact and to underline he's in charge.

Then the club had to deal with that unwanted timescale and have had to fend off daily inquiries as to RBs status while "the Ronk" suns himself on some beach somewhere.

It was an idiot statement to issue and helped no one other than to stroke his own pathetic ego.

I sincerely hope and believe that RB will be here long after this Dutchman has gone.

We will probably have to agree to disagree. I don't have a problem with the way RK has handled this at all. The contract was on the table for quite a while, for whatever reason Ross hadn't signed it.
We all know ridiculously slow we have been in conducting transfer business in the past, so I am quite pleased to hopefully see us move a little quicker... who knows, perhaps Ross had a private deadline issued by the club of Apr 15, and then another on May 1, which he ignored.... At what point is it reasonable to say something public? Or should the club have just said nothing and transfer list him?

We will probably have to agree to disagree. I don't have a problem with the way RK has handled this at all. The contract was on the table for quite a while, for whatever reason Ross hadn't signed it.
We all know ridiculously slow we have been in conducting transfer business in the past, so I am quite pleased to hopefully see us move a little quicker... who knows, perhaps Ross had a private deadline issued by the club of Apr 15, and then another on May 1, which he ignored.... At what point is it reasonable to say something public? Or should the club have just said nothing and transfer list him?
I see no circumstances where airing these negotiations in public would be better than doing them in private.

The manager has attempted to railroad the player and it hasn't worked.

That's why he looks like a fool now that his ultimatum is three weeks old and counting and Barkely is still very much an Everton player. Let's hope the board successfully negotiate his new deal in a quiet, private and professional manner.

He's just not a blue is he..

If he was he'd have signed it by now..

Even if he'd have wanted to leave, "to peruse champions league or larger pay packet" you gain commitment from the board you will be sold next window & in the interim he'd of signed a contract ensuring we got the best value possible for him.

I love the lad, but I'm getting over it now. Dragged on way to long.

He's just not a blue is he..

If he was he'd have signed it by now..

Even if he'd have wanted to leave, "to peruse champions league or larger pay packet" you gain commitment from the board you will be sold next window & in the interim he'd of signed a contract ensuring we got the best value possible for him.

I love the lad, but I'm getting over it now. Dragged on way to long.
So tell me who will pay our 50 million valuation and 140 k per week???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back