Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling Ross. Will leave around the transfer deadline day or even January. Every other club knows if the hang on the can get him cheaper. Ross would be well advised to at least sign a year extention though. He is already struggling to get in the England squad. If he doesn't play he will have no chance of go to the World Cup next summer

I would say he has no chance of getting in that squad anyway

Bizarre this. Who knows what's going on. It doesn't seem like he's pushing for a move his agent would surely have his name all over the papers being linked with everyone in he were. Seems both camps are staying quiet which to me sounds like he will sign or perhaps already has signed. Hope he stays.

He will run his contract down IMO...

I wouldnt say hes a direct replacement.

Would love to know where you think Ross is going.
It's already been confirmed. West Ham. Everyone knows that.

To be clear, I think Ross is better. I even think it's worth hanging on to him by January and see what he does with better players around him. We'd have months to get on his case about signing a new deal. Surely we shouldn't dump him for something like 20-25M. How much is half a year of Ross worth? Especially with Europe in the summmer?

I see no circumstances where airing these negotiations in public would be better than doing them in private.

The manager has attempted to railroad the player and it hasn't worked.

That's why he looks like a fool now that his ultimatum is three weeks old and counting and Barkely is still very much an Everton player. Let's hope the board successfully negotiate his new deal in a quiet, private and professional manner.

Koeman doesn't look like a fool mate... he's on 7m a year , works 3days a week and has won everything a player could wish for in his career...

He is just blunt and honest IMO ... and I love that. People always say they want transparent and truthfull managers etc. we have one and it makes a change to the previous one that was opposite...

It's already been confirmed. West Ham. Everyone knows that.

To be clear, I think Ross is better. I even think it's worth hanging on to him by January and see what he does with better players around him. We'd have months to get on his case about signing a new deal. Surely we shouldn't dump him for something like 20-25M. How much is half a year of Ross worth? Especially with Europe in the summmer?

That's an awful idea. Sell him this summer or risk losing him for nothing a year later. If he is not signing a new deal now why would he sign one next Jan it does not make sense. He can be easily replaced so if he chooses to mess around then so be it.

Koeman doesn't look like a fool mate... he's on 7m a year , works 3days a week and has won everything a player could wish for in his career...

He is just blunt and honest IMO ... and I love that. People always say they want transparent and truthfull managers etc. we have one and it makes a change to the previous one that was opposite...
Absolutely correct.

He needs to learn to hold his tongue.

It was quite obviously an ultimatum and phrased that way for maximum dramatic impact and to underline he's in charge.

Then the club had to deal with that unwanted timescale and have had to fend off daily inquiries as to RBs status while "the Ronk" suns himself on some beach somewhere.

It was an idiot statement to issue and helped no one other than to stroke his own pathetic ego.

I sincerely hope and believe that RB will be here long after this Dutchman has gone.
Brill.

We have won nothing with RK as yet cups poor 7 th with the squad he had about right apart from our shocking away form!
We've won nowt in 20 odd years mate. One year of Ron coming in and making good all the bad the Spanish fella did is hardly a catastrophe. Are you Daves Multi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back