Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, Ross is crap mate, don't let stats mislead you. He's capable of so much and that's what makes it so hard to accept, but his football brain operates at the same level as Geoff Horsfield.
Ross's problem is if he has time to think everything goes to pot, if the ball comes to him quick and he's surrounded by players he get out with the ball, if he's in the middle of the part in yards of space he passes to the other team, that sums him up. I'm not sure he will ever sort that out.

Ross's problem is if he has time to think everything goes to pot, if the ball comes to him quick and he's surrounded by players he get out with the ball, if he's in the middle of the part in yards of space he passes to the other team, that sums him up. I'm not sure he will ever sort that out.

Rafael will have his work cut out next season with this one

he's still on holiday ... week in ibiza / week in vegas takes bout 10 lads all on the house

lad who i play footy goes away with him every year .. am envious haha

Probably that he'll be sitting on the bench next season if he stays.

The more interesting one for me is where it leaves Davies, if in the traditional midfield 3 it will be Morgan, Gana and Klaasen.

Davies started more games than Gana last season post afcon so I'd suggest Gana will be the one set for some more time on the bench. Rotation at the very least.

Don't be daft Ross laaa sign the dotted line xx
Exactly, here here!

There was improvement from him last season. Stats can be flattering but they do show trends and this was a more productive season for him. Of course he can frustrate, but if he's got the discipline and desire to want to continue to improve then our volume of games and the likes of Klaasen alongside to develop with him, will be a great opportunity for him. Ferguson didn't pander to top talents and I like RK's line with Ross. He has improved him.

On the other hand if Ross wants to move on because he feels Everton can't offer what he's capable of then fine, let's cash in. But would we even get 30m? The contract thing doesn't represent progress. And that sort of mindset whether it's a reaction to criticism, agent in his ear or pure ego I don't think says 'I'm your man' to anyone.

If he moves on then for me then unless he finds a magic player/coach click (and I don't begrudge any young player that, especially English players) then I think it's more likely his career will kinda stay where it is which feels short of its potential.

Indeed, but I think he will make the biggest mistake of his life if he leaves us........

Indeed. Regardless of what davek says he ain't sniffing regular first team football in a team that finished top 6. Be interesting to see whether us splashing clash makes him back down and sign. part of me doesn't want him back tail between his legs now. He'd have a lot of convincing to do with many fans, me included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back