Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has been told repeatedly by our previous manager that he he is the greatest thing since sliced bread (BTW their is nothing wrong with that it works for some players to maximise their potential) but Koeman has come in and told him there are a lot of areas he can improve on and he doesn't seem to be able to deal with it!! Barkleys career will be defined by his mental strength because he has the magic in his boots to be up there with the best..

Of course he has the skills and the magic, but I think Koeman knows just how good he could be with a bit more application. Ross hasn't set the world on fire and doesn't even get into a crappy England squad, while all the kids are getting called up and winning world cups. I always remember the RS Tommy Smith admitting that he had almost no skill but through application he had a decent career. Ross has it all but Potential is just that unless it's exploited and used.......if he stays Koeman will improve him, if he goes I won't be that bothered.....

Ave. time to pick a pass: Klaassen 3 seconds : Barkley 15 minutes.

Excellent analysis... except the real minutes per pass was 1.80 minutes per pass for Barkley and 2.12 minutes per pass for Davy.

So either Barkley is more involved in the games and doesn't go missing as much or he picks a pass quicker speeding up the time he has before he can make another.

Nope, Ross is crap mate, don't let stats mislead you. He's capable of so much and that's what makes it so hard to accept, but his football brain operates at the same level as Geoff Horsfield.

What these guys said basically \/\/. He reminds me very much of Walcott in that way. Great when he has to do things quickly and instinctively. If he has to wait and is given time/too many/not enough options then he dwells and seems to have difficulty making a decision. He also seems to get bogged down feeling like he has to do something with the ball, instead of just releasing it to someone else even if it means going backwards from a good position, so often ends up getting crowded out. Sometimes it works out ok (that cross he did from the left of the box for a Lukaku header), but as much and probably more he ends up losing it.

I've said it before and ill say it again. Barkley is at his best when he doesn't have time to think about the pass or the shot. When he plays off his instinct, he's brilliant. It's when hes running into the box and has 2/3 options and time to choose he struggles.

Ross's problem is if he has time to think everything goes to pot, if the ball comes to him quick and he's surrounded by players he get out with the ball, if he's in the middle of the part in yards of space he passes to the other team, that sums him up. I'm not sure he will ever sort that out.

9-
What these guys said basically \/\/. He reminds me very much of Walcott in that way. Great when he has to do things quickly and instinctively. If he has to wait and is given time/too many/not enough options then he dwells and seems to have difficulty making a decision. He also seems to get bogged down feeling like he has to do something with the ball, instead of just releasing it to someone else even if it means going backwards from a good position, so often ends up getting crowded out. Sometimes it works out ok (that cross he did from the left of the box for a Lukaku header), but as much and probably more he ends up losing it.

That's what puzzles me with Ross how polarised his play is. At the end we love, he has the grace and poise to dance past players with deft touches and swerves leaving them floundering in his wake, the other he looks like Jethro Bodene tapdancing on ice - failing to control the ball and when he does, not knowing what way to go with it and then running into traffic. Nothing new in this of course, but disturbing that it continues unabated.

He has been told repeatedly by our previous manager that he he is the greatest thing since sliced bread (BTW their is nothing wrong with that it works for some players to maximise their potential) but Koeman has come in and told him there are a lot of areas he can improve on and he doesn't seem to be able to deal with it!! Barkleys career will be defined by his mental strength because he has the magic in his boots to be up there with the best..
"Hard work beats talent, if talent isn't prepared to work hard "
Its painted onto the walls at Finch Farm.

Imagine being an Evertonian and actually jumping ship at the most exciting crossroads in the clubs history for a long, long time!

That's exactly what is happening here.

it's not even the Rooney situation, where we were skint and the future looked a little bleak and he had the best team in the land banging his door down.

Suggestions he doesn't get on with the manager make me question Barkley far more than they do Koeman. If other players were unhappy and looking for moves (forget ROM he just wants CL footy at all costs) I would maybe be inquisitive. As it is, it just looks to me like Barkley is going through some sort of delusion or is being very badly advised.

What's happens now after signing klassen, is Ross's contract still on the table? If it is When will the offer get withdraw? If the contract is still available it's all up to him, but if we get another in its got yo get to the stage when we have no room and he will be transfer listed.

Imagine being an Evertonian and actually jumping ship at the most exciting crossroads in the clubs history for a long, long time!

That's exactly what is happening here.

it's not even the Rooney situation, where we were skint and the future looked a little bleak and he had the best team in the land banging his door down.

Suggestions he doesn't get on with the manager make me question Barkley far more than they do Koeman. If other players were unhappy and looking for moves (forget ROM he just wants CL footy at all costs) I would maybe be inquisitive. As it is, it just looks to me like Barkley is going through some sort of delusion or is being very badly advised.
The guy is a tool.
Not up to it clearly mentally. Just get him out and let's move on.
Even if he were to re-sign and stay, I have moved on from him to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back