Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine being an Evertonian and actually jumping ship at the most exciting crossroads in the clubs history for a long, long time!

That's exactly what is happening here.

it's not even the Rooney situation, where we were skint and the future looked a little bleak and he had the best team in the land banging his door down.

Suggestions he doesn't get on with the manager make me question Barkley far more than they do Koeman. If other players were unhappy and looking for moves (forget ROM he just wants CL footy at all costs) I would maybe be inquisitive. As it is, it just looks to me like Barkley is going through some sort of delusion or is being very badly advised.
People clash. Koeman is a very strong character with a completely different approach to anything he will have been used to under martinez.
I'd be sad to lose him but would have to understand his reasoning if it's that they don't get on. I've had bosses I've liked and disliked. I personally liked Harry Redknapps take on Ross Barkley, talking about how to man manage Ross (which was posted on here a few days ago.)

It's a shame to lose one of your own because of a fall out with your current manager (who'll be gone at some point).

He could've been one of our greats :(

The fact that James McCarthy had Mosh claiming 'Everton is a family' and 'James is apart of that family' no more then 12 months ago, really makes me believe that Ross has had a fall out with Ron/Erwin/Mosh... To make a statement that a fringe player is 'club family', but our diamond has 'til the weekend to sign the contact', in my opinion, spells the end for Roscoe.

Pure speculation here, but I wouldn't be surprised if they fell out over work rates. Same with Rom. The two golden boys of the Martinez era got a rude shock when Ronald made them run. They believe their play style is better off somewhere else instead of changing their style to match Everton. At 22 years old they think they know better then Koeman. Martinez blew up their egos so much for a 14th placed finish, then when they get told whats expected to be a top 6 club they sulk about it.

Rom I get - he wants the move, the money will be big for us, and he is arguably a CF that could win the champions league. Ross - I don't get. The highlight of his season was his stupid celebration in the 90th minute before he even scored, against Bournemouth... 6-3... at home... If he wants a move, and wants first team football, next seasons highlights will be very similar, for a West Ham or Newcastle. And surely he knows that! Thats my take anyway, the lad knows he hasn't performed, he won't be starting for any top clubs and his England spot is a distant memory. We all know how soft he is... and how he can't handle pressure. So I really hope a move doesn't kill him as a footballer... Could you imagine if we got 35mil + for him, he would be shaking in his new tunnel thinking about that price tag before he even touches a ball. he'd be shaking on the bus ffs

The fact that James McCarthy had Mosh claiming 'Everton is a family' and 'James is apart of that family' no more then 12 months ago, really makes me believe that Ross has had a fall out with Ron/Erwin/Mosh... To make a statement that a fringe player is 'club family', but our diamond has 'til the weekend to sign the contact', in my opinion, spells the end for Roscoe.

Pure speculation here, but I wouldn't be surprised if they fell out over work rates. Same with Rom. The two golden boys of the Martinez era got a rude shock when Ronald made them run. They believe their play style is better off somewhere else instead of changing their style to match Everton. At 22 years old they think they know better then Koeman. Martinez blew up their egos so much for a 14th placed finish, then when they get told whats expected to be a top 6 club they sulk about it.

Rom I get - he wants the move, the money will be big for us, and he is arguably a CF that could win the champions league. Ross - I don't get. The highlight of his season was his stupid celebration in the 90th minute before he even scored, against Bournemouth... 6-3... at home... If he wants a move, and wants first team football, next seasons highlights will be very similar, for a West Ham or Newcastle. And surely he knows that! Thats my take anyway, the lad knows he hasn't performed, he won't be starting for any top clubs and his England spot is a distant memory. We all know how soft he is... and how he can't handle pressure. So I really hope a move doesn't kill him as a footballer... Could you imagine if we got 35mil + for him, he would be shaking in his new tunnel thinking about that price tag before he even touches a ball. he'd be shaking on the bus ffs
Bit harsh on him. The highlight of his season was probably ending it as the most creative English player in the league. Only good enough for west ham and Newcastle? Very harsh.

Bit harsh on him. The highlight of his season was probably ending it as the most creative English player in the league. Only good enough for west ham and Newcastle? Very harsh.

It does sound harsh - but I think it is a very real possibility also.

It might just be those blue tinted specs where because of the history of the likes of Ball, Jeffers, Rodwell and the much quoted Moyes soundbite about the pitfalls of leaving Everton that we all naturally assume this will be the case with Ross.

They probably were shocked, however if Ross thinks Pochettino/Guardiola/Conte etc will give him an easy ride then he is in for a rude awakening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back