Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here we have a snapshot of everything that is wrong with modern football and fly by night fans with no sense of loyalty to the football club.
nice one

1b0bb1d82477c5927831f7099a364f6f070081a06de98d0dc88ab557122e0aff.jpg

I am puzzled by this contract impasse.

If Ross was worried about the club's ambition then surely signing the best young keeper in the country with the potential to be the next Southall and adding the Ajax captain would be hugely significant. He is by all accounts an Evertonian. This is his club. A club with plans for a vast stadium on the banks of the royal blue Mersey and a promise to no longer live in the past.

Why. Why would any blue with the gifted talent to play for your boyhood club, a club on the up, would you be looking to leave?

I just cannot get my head around that.

There must be something else. It cannot just be football related. The whole deadline pantomime that has dragged on and on. Do the club want shut of him?

Much rather he stayed otherwise who are we going to replace him with? Klassen needs competition and it would give us options having two attacking mids instead of using wide players.

Not sure if we will ever know the truth behind what's happened, happening and will happen

What's happens now after signing klassen, is Ross's contract still on the table? If it is When will the offer get withdraw? If the contract is still available it's all up to him, but if we get another in its got yo get to the stage when we have no room and he will be transfer listed.

I wonder about that as well, I would hope the club have withdrawn the offer but I would say if he was willing to sign now they would still do it rather the risk his value going down. The club will know if anyone is interested in buying him or not.

I am puzzled by this contract impasse.

If Ross was worried about the club's ambition then surely signing the best young keeper in the country with the potential to be the next Southall and adding the Ajax captain would be hugely significant. He is by all accounts an Evertonian. This is his club. A club with plans for a vast stadium on the banks of the royal blue Mersey and a promise to no longer live in the past.

Why. Why would any blue with the gifted talent to play for your boyhood club, a club on the up, would you be looking to leave?

I just cannot get my head around that.

There must be something else. It cannot just be football related. The whole deadline pantomime that has dragged on and on. Do the club want shut of him?

This is what id like to know

Is it about money? Does he want more?
Does he want Champions League football? Is he worried about the competition here? Has koeman told him he'd be second choice? Wish the club would give answers but they never do. In my opinion I think Ross has been told he's wanted but he won't be automatically starting and that's made him consider his options.

This is what id like to know

Is it about money? Does he want more?
Does he want Champions League football? Is he worried about the competition here? Has koeman told him he'd be second choice? Wish the club would give answers but they never do. In my opinion I think Ross has been told he's wanted but he won't be automatically starting and that's made him consider his options.

More than likely.

But why would you not want better competition to push YOUR club and yourself onto bigger and better?

I would sooner play half a season for a successful Everton team than every game for anyone else. And the chances are it would be the likes of West Ham or Newcastle where he would be starting every game. None of our rivals would offer him anymore leeway than he currently gets.

More than likely.

But why would you not want better competition to push YOUR club and yourself onto bigger and better?

I would sooner play half a season for a successful Everton team than every game for anyone else. And the chances are it would be the likes of West Ham or Newcastle where he would be starting every game. None of our rivals would offer him anymore leeway than he currently gets.

I think Ross is more concerned that he won't be guaranteed to start (especially in a world cup year) but going to any of the top six I doubt he'd start there either so surely he would have to take a backward step (West Ham) being reported.

One thing I will say is, we should have sorted this contract out last summer and not left it so late

One thing I will say is, we should have sorted this contract out last summer and not left it so late

totally agree with that. Koeman can't be blamed cos he only joined last summer but the club officials/planners should never have let it get to two years left on his contract, never mind one.

I think Ross is more concerned that he won't be guaranteed to start (especially in a world cup year) but going to any of the top six I doubt he'd start there either so surely he would have to take a backward step (West Ham) being reported.

If he goes to any club above us he would have the very same problem he would never start automatically in those teams - fans forget we have far too many defensive midfielders who may gain us income if we sell them - we have very few attacking midfielders only when Davis emerged to help him out Ross did we shine - if he goes it's purely his decision on wages only as he will not be an automatic choice unless he goes to a lesser team it's down to him - end of!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back