Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. Regardless of what davek says he ain't sniffing regular first team football in a team that finished top 6. Be interesting to see whether us splashing clash makes him back down and sign. part of me doesn't want him back tail between his legs now. He'd have a lot of convincing to do with many fans, me included.
Let the door hit his fat arse on the way out, it will be the only thing we need replacing. He has mugged us off so doesn't deserve another chance. Sell.

Bit harsh but yes. Don't think it helps he's not the sharpest tool in the box. Probably getting duff advice.
Almost certainly is, but he has had enough time to sign a deal and we have to move on at some stage and say enough is enough. Old Red Nose at Man U wasn't scared of dumping good players at various times and we need to be ruthless like he used to be and just get rid and buy better.

Almost certainly is, but he has had enough time to sign a deal and we have to move on at some stage and say enough is enough. Old Red Nose at Man U wasn't scared of dumping good players at various times and we need to be ruthless like he used to be and just get rid and buy better.
Saf never pandered to Rooney and we shouldn't to Ross.

Look, if he and the manager don't get on then it's only reasonable that he'd want to leave. It happens at every club the world over, no matter the calibre of player or the type of manager

Why would he sign a new deal if he wants to leave? By all accounts we've stuck a big offer down in front of him and I doubt anyone else would pay him more, so if he's motivated by money then he's got what he wants. However, the fact he hasn't signed it suggests this is about more than money for him

Ultimately I believe that he and Koeman are just not compatible work colleagues. That's no one's fault, it's just a way of life. We've all had bosses/managers that we haven't clicked with for whatever reason. I once left a company because I didn't like my manager and the way he did things. Nothing personal and he wasn't doing anything unreasonable, just his view of the way things had to be clashed with mine so I moved on elsewhere. It wouldn't have mattered if they'd offered me more money, I wasn't happy working with him and would have still left

I'm not sure where this vilification for Ross is coming from. Again, neither of them are "wrong" here, they're just not a good working combination, so it's looking like Ross wants to try his luck with another manager

That's football

Look, if he and the manager don't get on then it's only reasonable that he'd want to leave. It happens at every club the world over, no matter the calibre of player or the type of manager

Why would he sign a new deal if he wants to leave? By all accounts we've stuck a big offer down in front of him and I doubt anyone else would pay him more, so if he's motivated by money then he's got what he wants. However, the fact he hasn't signed it suggests this is about more than money for him

Ultimately I believe that he and Koeman are just not compatible work colleagues. That's no one's fault, it's just a way of life. We've all had bosses/managers that we haven't clicked with for whatever reason. I once left a company because I didn't like my manager and the way he did things. Nothing personal and he wasn't doing anything unreasonable, just his view of the way things had to be clashed with mine so I moved on elsewhere. It wouldn't have mattered if they'd offered me more money, I wasn't happy working with him and would have still left

I'm not sure where this vilification for Ross is coming from. Again, neither of them are "wrong" here, they're just not a good working combination, so it's looking like Ross wants to try his luck with another manager

That's football

I suspect you could be right. He wants a manager that's going to baby him, however he'll soon find out that there's precious few managers out there that are like that, and the ones that are don't stay in jobs for very long.

Indeed. Regardless of what davek says he ain't sniffing regular first team football in a team that finished top 6. Be interesting to see whether us splashing clash makes him back down and sign. part of me doesn't want him back tail between his legs now. He'd have a lot of convincing to do with many fans, me included.

I think he could start on Man Utd. The other 5 no.

Now he's a good player, but he's more of the Lampard type where he's probably a better goal scorer than a creator (which is what we asked him to do and yes did improve somewhat) and unfortunately we don't have that guy like Arteta, a young Baines/Pinnear or a CF who can play with his back to the goal who can do that kind of work and get him ball.

Point being if someone offers up 40-50M for the guy you definitely take it because I don't really think he's a good fit here.

That's football

Spot on Mikey.

He's gone from a manager who allegedly gave him a free rein, to a manager who wants him to fit into his system or else.

Some need a carrot and some need a stick mate

That's what man management is all about
He has been told repeatedly by our previous manager that he he is the greatest thing since sliced bread (BTW their is nothing wrong with that it works for some players to maximise their potential) but Koeman has come in and told him there are a lot of areas he can improve on and he doesn't seem to be able to deal with it!! Barkleys career will be defined by his mental strength because he has the magic in his boots to be up there with the best..

That's football

Said this all along.

Personally, I think he knows he want fit into his style for next season and by the looks of it, it's going that way. We'll have 3 units up top (Niang, Bolasie, Sandro) and 3 work horses with skill in the middle (Morgan, Gana, Klassen).

Barkley is in the Ozil mode of player IMO. And Ozil wouldn't fit in a Koeman side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back