Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.

I would've been gutted at the start of last season if I thought Ross was going but I have to say NEA now if he goes. I actually think it will mean a decline in his career rather than a step up, can't see a top 6 team buying him and we were best of the rest, where does he actually go?
Having said all that I would still like him to stay as I think he could be a quality player with better players around him to take some of the pressure.

With the addition of Klaassen, hopefully we will see how poor Barkleys movement is.
But it's not imo. He is player that has not had all that much to work with creativity wise. Rom doesn't really create in the traditional sense (more tangential) and Kev is in and out of form more than anyone and Del has not just been in and out of the side but also relatively inconsistent. I'd love to see a formation (god help me) like this

----------Pickford
---Seamus--CB(keane?)--Williams(hopefully a replacement)---Baines
----------------Morgan
---------Gana------Klaassen
--Ross--------------------Sandro
---------------ST(a million miles from probable but maybe Rom stays)

I think this would help him be able to float more and also not have to shoulder the creative load so much with Klaassen and apparently Sandro coming in.

Really can't believe the amount of people who say they don't care if he leaves. For me it'd still be a big blow with losing Rom too.
I expect Rom to leave, he's never pretended that we were merely a stepping stone in his career but Ross is different, I can't see anyone approaching his ability choosing us ahead of a C.L. club.

PS dont compare the Icelandic Jonny Wilkinson with R.B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back