Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what you are saying mate, but no one is forcing him out. He has a contract offer which he apparently refuses to sign and has given no indication of a willingness to remain. What really can be done ?.........
hope he signs and thats it I have a horrible feeling both he and Lukaku will go to the same club! maybe UNT!

And in what way are we forcing him out
Evidence please ... not a fairy story in the DaveK conspiracy theory world
Evidence that he is being forced out ?
what other player and I mean the wasters have ever been given ultimatums to sign a contract before the last game of the season???
answers on a postage stamp!

what other player and I mean the wasters have ever been given ultimatums to sign a contract before the last game of the season???
good point. I think the club take blame as well. Koeman has only been here a year and has had to clean up the last fella's mess but the club should never have let his contract run down regardless of his form the last 2 seasons.

That wasn't forcing him out that was pragmatic and it was only an ultimatum unless you want to paint it that way
Here are some facts

Fact
Barkley has one year left on his contract after which he can walk for free ...

Fact
He has cost club a fortune in terms of his development and BY NOT SIGNING THE BEST CONTRACT EVER OFFERED TO AN EVERTON PLAYER ... He is effectively the one making the ultimatum. And holding the club to ransom while he cherry picks the best offer that comes his way

Fact
Koeman and his team need the key players in place early in the window to get us off to the best possible start next season...

Fact
by offering a contract with a warning that if he doesnt sign early then he will have to be sold the club is being pragmatic and sensible

the last thing we want us to build a side around Barkley only to have him head ti spurs with one week left

As for your ridiculous comment about how many other wasters have been given an ultimatum ... why would anyone give a waster an ultimatum ... the wasters just sign happily for the easy ride (osman) or get shown the door niasse kone cleverly ....( much tougher treatment than an ultimatum )

That wasn't forcing him out that was pragmatic and it was only an ultimatum unless you want to paint it that way
Here are some facts

Fact

Fact
He has cost club a fortune in terms of his development and BY NOT SIGNING THE BEST CONTRACT EVER OFFERED TO AN EVERTON PLAYER ... He is effectively the one making the ultimatum. And holding the club to ransom while he cherry picks the best offer that comes his way

Fact
Koeman and his team need the key players in place early in the window to get us off to the best possible start next season...

Fact
by offering a contract with a warning that if he doesnt sign early then he will have to be sold the club is being pragmatic and sensible

the last thing we want us to build a side around Barkley only to have him head ti spurs with one week left

As for your ridiculous comment about how many other wasters have been given an ultimatum ... why would anyone give a waster an ultimatum ... the wasters just sign happily for the easy ride (osman) or get shown the door niasse kone cleverly ....( much tougher treatment than an ultimatum )

very interesting...

...Koeman out!

Here are some facts

Fact

Fact

Fact

Fact

I think the forum posters with an anti-Koeman agenda would do well to remember these facts and stop showing themselves up by backing the player in this instance.

Then again, I guess I should know better than to think they would even consider that, such is their ridiculous stance with the manager.

I think the forum posters with an anti-Koeman agenda would do well to remember these facts and stop showing themselves up by backing the player in this instance.

Then again, I guess I should know better than to think they would even consider that, such is their ridiculous stance with the manager.

sorry Tomathy, but the details posited about the contract are not fact. we don't know the full story so people shouldn't be assuming either way

Koeman oot

good point. I think the club take blame as well. Koeman has only been here a year and has had to clean up the last fella's mess but the club should never have let his contract run down regardless of his form the last 2 seasons.
How is that a good point ?
When did anybody give a waster an ultimatum to sign ? By the very definition the wasters are only too keen to sign and will continue to sign and provide nothing because that's what they are ... wasters
And of course once they are identified as wasters or not up to the required standard for EFC then they are shown the door
NIASSE ... out
KONE ....out

Thus club is being run with ruthless pragmatism with an eye to building a squad with no dead wood and no destabilising Prisma Donnas

Here are some facts

Fact

Fact

Fact

Fact

Not to try and take an alternate view as I certainly agree with your views BUT... only the first of you four 'facts' is actually a 'fact'. The other three items are opinions not facts. They are your views on a particular situation or aspect of the scenario.
If only people could get their 'facts' straight.

Thus club is being run with ruthless pragmatism with an eye to building a squad with no dead wood and no destabilising Prisma Donnas

That's a very Davek post. An opinion or leap of faith posted as fact. IMO the club is doing okay, the manager is doing okay. Lots still remains to be seen. Hopefully we go on to be amazing, but I'm still doubtful that we will see any real success and expect us to be starting with a new manager next season or the season after.

Ross Barkley FC 4 Stoke 0

Here are some facts

Fact

Fact

Fact

Fact

This. I honestly do not know what the club can do further. I don't want to see him leaves but personally £100k per week (if the report is right) is just about a fair deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back