Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that actually supposed to make Barkley look like an afterthought?

Oh boy.

He is in their plans so much they'll forgo any attempt to sign anyone else for his position and sweat it out to get his signature.

The laugh is on those who doubted that this thoroughbred amongst a bunch of nags would possibly be wanted by a CL club.

That's hilarious.

He doesn't want to play for Everton. The laugh is on him, simple as that. We've offered him every opportunity at the club he supposedly loves but he doesn't want it. NEA where he ends up if he doesn't want to play for us.

Eriksen started 36 games in the league for Spurs last season? Hardly rotated. Unless you're suggesting Barkley would be happy to play a bit-part in the season by filling in during FA cup and league cup games, Dave?
Did I specify last season? I said in his time there he's been benched as well as Son. Two players we can dream about getting.

Squad game at CL clubs mate. You think people dont respect Son or Eriksen who've been dropped or rotated at WHL?

No, this wont do. The lad had doubts cast on his credentials to be a CL club player. He is that and then some...as you and those others who feel jilted were told many times.

So in otherwords his position will be the bench?

Did I specify last season? I said in his time there he's been benched as well as Son. Two players we can dream about getting.

I readily admit to not being a student of Spurs over the last few years. But even so, my limited knowledge of how Poch teams play does make me question how or if Ross could actually become "that" sort of player.

Not a slight at the player, form is temporary, class is permanent, and he would improve the options at any PL squad imo. Just not sure if he would suit Spurs, other than a bench option, or squad filler.

He doesn't want to play for Everton. The laugh is on him, simple as that. We've offered him every opportunity at the club he supposedly loves but he doesn't want it. NEA where he ends up if he doesn't want to play for us.
You know nothing about what he was offered. None of us do.

I'm sure if was offered a big contract and felt that the current manager was good enough to put something special together here he'd sign it.

I consider his leaving if/when it happens to be a massive failure on behalf of this club and its manager. He is a great talent and we have him and cant/wont keep him.

Last edited:
I readily admit to not being a student of Spurs over the last few years. But even so, my limited knowledge of how Poch teams play does make me question how or if Ross could actually become "that" sort of player.

Not a slight at the player, form is temporary, class is permanent, and he would improve the options at any PL squad imo. Just not sure if he would suit Spurs, other than a bench option, or squad filler.
I've contested for years that Barkley will find his true role in a CM slot. If he goes to Spurs I think that view will be vindicated, because imo Pochettino wont have him looking to compete with those two and the likes of Alli. He'll be in CM with Wanyama. Sissoko was an utter dud and hell be the one to make way. They'll have Dier, Wanyama and Barkley looking to secure two starting spots.

How have we told hes not first choice?

Ross Barkley is the best offensive midfielder we have, he walks into our side every week on talent, form is a different matter.

That may well be a valid opinion...but as you say its form that's equally, no, more important than what Barkley might be able to do occasionally. His 'form' in general does not merit the adulation he gets on here. Nor does it merit the highest wages paid to an Everton player.

I've contested for years that Barkley will find his true role in a CM slot. If he goes to Spurs I think that view will be vindicated, because imo Pochettino wont have him looking to compete with those two and the likes of Alli. He'll be in CM with Wanyama. Sissoko was an utter dud and hell be the one to make way. They'll have Dier, Wanyama and Barkley looking to secure two starting spots.

Ahem, you've conveniently forgotten about Dembele and Ericsson

You know nothing about what he was offered. None of us do.

I'm sure if was offered a big contract and felt that the current manager was good enough to put something special together here he'd sign it.

I consider his leaving if/when it happens to be a massive failure on behalf of this club and its manager. He is a great talent and we have him and cant/wont keep him.

Or maybe he himself is simply greedy and wants way more than the club are prepared to offer. Funny how you never put it on Barkley directly. That its the clubs fault. Should they be held over the barrel for any player?

And how can you say no one knows what is going on and then use conjecture that its because Barkley doesn't rate Koeman?

But like you said no one know why he didn't sign right?

Well that's just nonsense isn't it Steve

Why is it nonsense? He's not even first name on the team sheet at Everton and IF he is here next season he'll have an even harder job to get a regular place. Theres no way any manager worth his salt would build a team around any player whose form is so uncertain, and whose greatest abilities seem to be to disappear entirely from games and to pass directly to the opposition. Usually in slow motion.

That may well be a valid opinion...but as you say its form that's equally, no, more important than what Barkley might be able to do occasionally. His 'form' in general does not merit the adulation he gets on here. Nor does it merit the highest wages paid to an Everton player.

I would have to strongly disagree.

So in otherwords his position will be the bench?

Who knows.

The more the rumours are that Poch wants Ross pretty badly and has made it known early says he wants him for a reason.

End of the day, it was another trophy free season and they didn't win the league, got dropped out of Europe. He could see something in Ross that changes how they play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back