Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahem, you've conveniently forgotten about Dembele and Ericsson
Sorry yes, Dembele for the purposes of what I'm talking about here.

...though I wouldn't rule out outgoings from that department this summer too. And Dembele has persistent foot injuries.

I've contested for years that Barkley will find his true role in a CM slot. If he goes to Spurs I think that view will be vindicated, because imo Pochettino wont have him looking to compete with those two and the likes of Alli. He'll be in CM with Wanyama. Sissoko was an utter dud and hell be the one to make way. They'll have Dier, Wanyama and Barkley looking to secure two starting spots.

You may well be right. And to be fair, I recall you making the same suggestion about Stones; the jungle drums from Man City the other week seemed to chime with that.

As ever, time will tell.

Or maybe he himself is simply greedy and wants way more than the club are prepared to offer. Funny how you never put it on Barkley directly. That its the clubs fault. Should they be held over the barrel for any player?

And how can you say no one knows what is going on and then use conjecture that its because Barkley doesn't rate Koeman?

But like you said no one know why he didn't sign right?
He's been battered verbally by Koeman since he arrived. He obviously doesn't want him to play anywhere in this team he's putting together.

THAT is about the strength of it I'm afraid.

I wis we could keep Ross and punt that manager instead.

He's been battered verbally by Koeman since he arrived. He obviously doesn't want him to play anywhere in this team he's putting together.

I'll give you that can't argue that they have had words with each other, well Koeman has i'm sure mainly done the speaking.

But maybe Barkley not take it too heart and take strength in proving him wrong. We have all been critiqued or criticized in our lives i'm sure. If he feels Koeman doesn't like him and its not trying to just help him then fair enough.

I wish Barkley would stay i rate him.

Id love if he stayed but that looks unlikely. If he leaves this summer i wont wish him luck but wont wish him bad luck either. However if he decided to run down his contract my view on him as a individual would change to fume

lol

he will play Sissoko's role - hardly on the pitch - he really wont settle for that - by the way its not WHL next season its Wembly till their ground is ready!

....previously known as the 'Peinaar role'''lest we forget. Sign Everton player, don't play him, then ship him back. Could well be Levys little plan.

You know nothing about what he was offered. None of us do.

I'm sure if was offered a big contract and felt that the current manager was good enough to put something special together here he'd sign it.

I consider his leaving if/when it happens to be a massive failure on behalf of this club and its manager. He is a great talent and we have him and cant/wont keep him.

You've called out that no one knows anything then immediately made an assumption just to cast Everton and Koeman in a bad light. If he leaves then one of these things are true:

Koeman doesn't rate him

Everton don't rate him

Koeman and Everton both rate him but Barkley wants to go regardless.

None of those options are Koeman or Everton some how failing Ross. We've shown him an unbelievable amount of trust basically building our entire team around him since he was a teenager. He's hardly repaid us massively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back