Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where though does Barkley get into that Spurs side ?

Walker is a defender and Dier plays defence or defensive midfield, surely Barkley would by vying with Son, Alli or Eriksen for one of their places... and I can't see him replacing any of them.

I think Spurs would be the wrong place for him to go if/when he leaves Everton, he'd spend more time on the bench than on the pitch.
I agree. How he gets into that three behind Kane is beyond me, so he has a battle on his hands straight away.

I think we might need a change of tac with this

If indeed Ross doesn't like Koeman, and that's the big reason he doesn't want to sign, then how about we offer him a five year deal and then say we'll loan him out for a season to Newcastle/West Ham etc?

Koeman doesn't stay that long at clubs, and it's conceivable that he might get offered another job if we do well this season

Present it to Ross as a way to get a year away, but still play regular football, and when he gets back either Koeman will be gone or a year apart will give space for things to cool down between them and they can then start anew

Seems like a reasonable compromise to me

If indeed Ross doesn't like Koeman, and that's the big reason he doesn't want to sign, then how about we offer him a five year deal and then say we'll loan him out for a season to Newcastle/West Ham etc?

Koeman doesn't stay that long at clubs, and it's conceivable that he might get offered another job if we do well this season

Present it to Ross as a way to get a year away, but still play regular football, and when he gets back either Koeman will be gone or a year apart will give space for things to cool down between them and they can then start anew

The last thing I'd want is Koeman leaving.

Building his team then walking away, we've nearly got rid of the dead wood Martinez signed.

I'll be shocked if we get any more than 3 years out of Koeman, he doesn't stay at clubs long

I've always seen him as someone who would secure the foundations for his successor before moving on

Yeah I agree he's a journey man and always sweet talks Barcelona too.

I'll just be annoyed when it happens as we're back at square one.

Yeah I agree he's a journey man and always sweet talks Barcelona too.

I'll just be annoyed when it happens as we're back at square one.

We won't be at square one as I think Koeman will do right by us and make sure he passes on a good side

I think everyone at the club knew the lay of the land before inking the deal, so I'll wish Koeman well when it's time for him to set sail

However, the point still stands that it's worth offering Ross a years loan as a way to entice him to sign that deal. Even offer to cover his wages whilst he's at Newcastle, it's not like we can't afford to

They'd snap our arms off for a year of Barkley, Ross gets a years break from Koeman to allow wounds to heal and we get him back in a years time raring to go

Seems like a good idea to me

Where though does Barkley get into that Spurs side ?

Walker is a defender and Dier plays defence or defensive midfield, surely Barkley would by vying with Son, Alli or Eriksen for one of their places... and I can't see him replacing any of them.

I think Spurs would be the wrong place for him to go if/when he leaves Everton, he'd spend more time on the bench than on the pitch.

He's not getting anywhere near them eh?

That is bloody brilliant !!!

Did I hear right ?? Spurs want 60 million for dier ?? If so they can bloody well pay that for Ross the swindling gets. If we get anywhere near that fee we can sell with inpunity. That would bag us a Siggy and change for a movie... And snacks
Difference is, Spurs aren't daft enough to let their players get to the last year of their contract before selling them. That means they are in a stronger bargaining position.

That is bloody brilliant !!!

nickfrostsimonpegg6.gif

Spurs need competition for places in their front 4 also.

They have CL football & want to challenge for the league simultaneously.

Barkley is a good choice for them. He can play anywhere in that three behind Kane & they'll be rotating a lot.

This is exactly why we shouldn't be letting him go as we need that competition as well.

There's two things at work here:

Koeman doesn't fancy the lad or he's had his head turned because if all reports are to be believed (and I think they are) he's had an outstanding Everton contract handed to him which has not been signed.

I'll be gutted if he goes, right up there with Arteta in terms of sadness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back