Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like other teams fans understand the idea of having more than 11 good players!!!

I don't know one Evertonian who actually doesn't want Barkley here.

But, if he's not willing to sign this contract then there's not much that can be done.

And, if he's not willing to sign a deal, is part of it down to not having the fight to prove his worth if competition for his place comes in?

I'm sure he'll have his reasons, which is just fine. But what he can be *blamed* for is not giving the club an answer by the end of last season, which is actually all that was asked.

None of this takes away from his footballing ability.

Spurs need competition for places in their front 4 also.

They have CL football & want to challenge for the league simultaneously.

Barkley is a good choice for them. He can play anywhere in that three behind Kane & they'll be rotating a lot.

This is exactly why we shouldn't be letting him go as we need that competition as well.

There's two things at work here:

Koeman doesn't fancy the lad or he's had his head turned because if all reports are to be believed (and I think they are) he's had an outstanding Everton contract handed to him which has not been signed.

I'll be gutted if he goes, right up there with Arteta in terms of sadness.

Koeman has repeatedly said he's one of Everton's better players and we want to keep him.

But we won't be held to ransom.

Koeman has repeatedly said he's one of Everton's better players and we want to keep him.

But we won't be held to ransom.

I just desperately want him to stay.

We all know what a talent he is & as we invest more into this team he can become an Everton great.

Ronny knows best, I hope Ross or his agent comes to their senses.

But, if he's not willing to sign this contract then there's not much that can be done.

And, if he's not willing to sign a deal, is part of it down to not having the fight to prove his worth if competition for his place comes in?

I'm sure he'll have his reasons, which is just fine. But what he can be *blamed* for is not giving the club an answer by the end of last season, which is actually all that was asked.

Just read this thread again mate.

The club have caused this imo, by waiting this long to offer him the deal.

This is something we will regret.

Seems like other teams fans understand the idea of having more than 11 good players!!!

I think that's Ross Barkley's problem to be honest.

As Koeman said in April, you don't offer contracts to players you don't want to stay.

He has a £100,000+ offer on the table, has for months and hasn't signed it.

He's getting off lightly from the fan base if you ask me - if he leaves, he's as worthy as "JUDAS!!!" fume as any other we've had.

Offer is there, at his club at the most exciting time the club have had in his life time and he's snubbed it.

Why?

[QUOTE="BlueToff, post: 5599238, member: 17449"]I don't know one Evertonian who actually doesn't want Barkley here.

None of this takes away from his footballing ability.[/QUOTE]
Id say if you want him to stay then in here your in the minority.

I'll be shocked if we get any more than 3 years out of Koeman, he doesn't stay at clubs long

I've always seen him as someone who would secure the foundations for his successor before moving on
I can see why you'd think that but I fail to see were he could go. Surely if he was to leave he'd want an upwards movement, what would the point be of a sideways at best managerial move? He's making a mint here and is receiving backing from both the owners and fans and is part of a big project for the club. I can see that he's always moved pretty quickly in the past but generally it was to somewere better and unless we have real tangible success in the next two years, aka a trophy or top four (please God let it happen!) I dont see a club in a better position then us wanting him.

Well now you do know one Evertonian who doesn't want Barkley here this coming season.

I can see why you'd think that but I fail to see were he could go. Surely if he was to leave he'd want an upwards movement, what would the point be of a sideways at best managerial move? He's making a mint here and is receiving backing from both the owners and fans and is part of a big project for the club. I can see that he's always moved pretty quickly in the past but generally it was to somewere better and unless we have real tangible success in the next two years, aka a trophy or top four (please God let it happen!) I dont see a club in a better position then us wanting him.
In short: 'he's not good enough for any bigger club'.

I think that's Ross Barkley's problem to be honest.

As Koeman said in April, you don't offer contracts to players you don't want to stay.

He has a £100,000+ offer on the table, has for months and hasn't signed it.

He's getting off lightly from the fan base if you ask me - if he leaves, he's as worthy as "JUDAS!!!" fume as any other we've had.

Offer is there, at his club at the most exciting time the club have had in his life time and he's snubbed it.

Why?
Maybe he finds the prospect of working for a manager who constantly undermines him unbearable and he's attracted to a club where players are inspired by their manager?

I think we might need a change of tac with this

If indeed Ross doesn't like Koeman, and that's the big reason he doesn't want to sign, then how about we offer him a five year deal and then say we'll loan him out for a season to Newcastle/West Ham etc?

Koeman doesn't stay that long at clubs, and it's conceivable that he might get offered another job if we do well this season

Present it to Ross as a way to get a year away, but still play regular football, and when he gets back either Koeman will be gone or a year apart will give space for things to cool down between them and they can then start anew

Seems like a reasonable compromise to me

Good out of the box thinking Mikey, lets hope the club are thinking about this too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back