Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koeman's called him one of Everton's better players consistently.

The caveat is that he needs to produce more.

5 goals and 8 assists isn't good enough. Yet this was his best season in a while.
Yet Koeman signed bolasie & consistently put Ross's end product down the same bolasie with a whole 10 premier league goals & 17 assists in his career.

Ross has 37 goals and assists in his last 83 games.

I'm not blaming Koeman completely but he has to be partially responsible.

Unfortunately many wont have a word said against him & seem very happy personally im happy but mindful that stekelnburg, martina, Williams, bolasie, add in possibly benteke & siggurdson is massively unisipring.

LOL at people blaming the club, that Barkley has been treated badly. He's had an offer which he has refused - his choice. Nobody should be guaranteed playing time. If you're playing well, you're in the team. If you're not, you're on the bench. There should be no favouritism.

100%.

The manager/club want him to stay.

He wants to leave because;

1. Wants champions league.
2. Wants a new challenge.
3. Doesn't like Everton's manager.
4. Doesn't think he'll get a game at Everton.
5. etc etc etc.

It'll all come out in the wash - what we can't dispute though is the club and Koeman wanting Barkley to stay. It

"I spoke to Ross several weeks ago and he mentioned his ambition, Champions League, and I told him I have the same ambition," Koeman said.

"We're going in a good direction and he is a key player, he is a kid of the club, a kid of the town and in my opinion, there is no better place for him to continue.

"I think it's a normal ambition for players, every player and manager wants to play in the Champions League.

"Our next step is to play in Europe, it may be difficult, if we finish fifth or sixth that will be perfect because you don't play any pre-qualification games for Europe."

Koeman added: "I am not involved in the negotiations, but I know the board is talking to his agent.

Of course we need to know the answer before the end of the season. It's all about the contract and we will offer him what is good, what is normal and what the player is.

"I think the way he is improving this season, Everton is the best place for him to continue."

“If you offer a player a contract. A good contract. That means that you like to keep the player. I don’t need to explain more. If we don’t want the player to stay longer, then we don’t offer him a new contract”

If I was Barkley I'd be weighing up how long Koeman has to be here at Goodison. If I thought he had a season left I'd stick it out. If I thought I had to put up with another two seasons of being scapegoated I'd find CL football very attractive.

He hasn't been scapegoated. Not once.

Not ever has he been used to detract from a bad team performance, or the blame pinned on him.

He's been treated with a 'tougher' approach, but so have all the players.

What evidently has p***** Koeman off is his reluctance to sign a new deal but at the same time not let the club know what his plans are.

He has every right to decide his own future, but he could have and should have let the club know by the end of last season.

That is down to poor advice from the people around him IMO.

I haven't actually seen anything to suggest that though Mikey.

There's no evident frustration or anything.

I mean, it's possible, but no more likely than a) he wants more money, b) he genuinely just wants to test himself at a new team or c) he's had his head turned.

C possibly.

Yet Koeman signed bolasie & consistently put Ross's end product down the same bolasie with a whole 10 premier league goals & 17 assists in his career.

Ross has 37 goals and assists in his last 83 games.

I'm not blaming Koeman completely but he has to be partially responsible.

Unfortunately many wont have a word said against him & seem very happy personally im happy but mindful that stekelnburg, martina, Williams, bolasie, add in possibly benteke & siggurdson is massively unisipring.

Bolasie is a good player that was the only player actually creating chances before his injury.

Williams is a good player that has improved us.

Sigurdsson is a class player who is better than what we have currently.

What about Gueye, or Schneiderlin, or Pickford or Keane or Sandro? Are they not 'inspiring' enough. Any player that improves the team is inspiration enough in my book.

I'm not saying Koeman hasn't made mistakes. Of course he has and will continue to do so.

But what has Ross actually done for us? In the grand scheme of things, not much.

I think Koeman could have probably handled the situation better initially, but he was asked a question and answered it honestly. I believe he expected Ross to sign. He wants Ross to sign. But if Ross doesn't want to sign, then honestly, he doesn't care. We'll move on.

100%.

5. etc etc etc.

It'll all come out in the wash - what we can't dispute though is the club and Koeman wanting Barkley to stay. It

"I spoke to Ross several weeks ago and he mentioned his ambition, Champions League, and I told him I have the same ambition," Koeman said.

"We're going in a good direction and he is a key player, he is a kid of the club, a kid of the town and in my opinion, there is no better place for him to continue.

"I think it's a normal ambition for players, every player and manager wants to play in the Champions League.

"Our next step is to play in Europe, it may be difficult, if we finish fifth or sixth that will be perfect because you don't play any pre-qualification games for Europe."

Koeman added: "I am not involved in the negotiations, but I know the board is talking to his agent.

Of course we need to know the answer before the end of the season. It's all about the contract and we will offer him what is good, what is normal and what the player is.

"I think the way he is improving this season, Everton is the best place for him to continue."

“If you offer a player a contract. A good contract. That means that you like to keep the player. I don’t need to explain more. If we don’t want the player to stay longer, then we don’t offer him a new contract”

Honestly mate, I don't get why people (and it's always the same people - not just one or two either) just ignore facts, consistently.

Koeman has made mistakes in his time here. I don't think this is one of them.

Bolasie is a good player that was the only player actually creating chances before his injury.

Williams is a good player that has improved us.

Sigurdsson is a class player who is better than what we have currently.

What about Gueye, or Schneiderlin, or Pickford or Keane or Sandro? Are they not 'inspiring' enough. Any player that improves the team is inspiration enough in my book.

I'm not saying Koeman hasn't made mistakes. Of course he has and will continue to do so.

But what has Ross actually done for us? In the grand scheme of things, not much.

I think Koeman could have probably handled the situation better initially, but he was asked a question and answered it honestly. I believe he expected Ross to sign. He wants Ross to sign. But if Ross doesn't want to sign, then honestly, he doesn't care. We'll move on.
We don't know the full facts you say he was offered a contract Feb the itk with the best track record on any forum says it was 2 days before the arsenal game & I quote ''the lad is being hung out to dry''.

We may never know the sad thing is it didn't have to be this way & the situation seems irreconcilable.

C possibly.

Thing is HK, any of those options are fine.

What isn't fine is leaving the club in limbo.

Saying all this, he may genuinely just be injured.

I very much want Ross to stay. But if he isn't wanting to sign this deal then that to me suggests that, for whatever reason, he simply doesn't want to be here. So, in that situation, we'll take the money - we have to, as his contract only has a year (now less) to run.

100%.

5. etc etc etc.

Yes, but you have to read between the lines. He's buying up players who can do Barkley's job and therefore making it even more the case that he'll find it hard to get the game time required (with a big pre-WC season ahead of us); and throwing down an ultimatum to sign a contract or he'll be sold is hardly a way of showing a player they are valued.

He just doesn't want Barkley and sees him as a player he can do without. And his fee will help him bring in players he does like.

Koeman is a very political manager.

Did I hear right ?? Spurs want 60 million for dier ?? If so they can bloody well pay that for Ross the swindling gets. If we get anywhere near that fee we can sell with inpunity. That would bag us a Siggy and change for a movie... And snacks
Yes did you not hear, Spurs had a good year last year, so even their worst player is now worth 60m.

We don't know the full facts you say he was offered a contract Feb the itk with the best track record on any forum says it was 2 days before the arsenal game & I quote ''the lad is being hung out to dry''.

We may never know the sad thing is it didn't have to be this way & the situation seems irreconcilable.

Talks have been ongoing since Feb at least.

I trust Joyce, and Hunter, both of whom were adamant that discussions and contract negotiations have been ongoing for a while.

Koeman himself said way back in March/April that he had been offered a deal. @GrandOldTeam has just posted the quotes.

He's not getting anywhere near them eh?

Not in my opinion, no.
I can't see Pochettino disrupting a midfield that did so well last season to accommodate a player who would need to time to adjust to a new club, a new city and all the hassle that entails.
Ross is a talented footballer, but London and trying to force his way into a Spurs side past any of those three would be a major challenge.

He hasn't been scapegoated. Not once.
Not ever has he been used to detract from a bad team performance, or the blame pinned on him.
He's been treated with a 'tougher' approach, but so have all the players.
What evidently has p***** Koeman off is his reluctance to sign a new deal but at the same time not let the club know what his plans are.

He has every right to decide his own future, but he could have and should have let the club know by the end of last season.

That is down to poor advice from the people around him IMO.
...something this manager would never do himself of course.

lol

Yes, but you have to read between the lines. He's buying up players who can do Barkley's job and therefore making it even more the case that he'll find it hard to get the game time required (with a big pre-WC season ahead of us); and throwing down an ultimatum to sign a contract or he'll be sold is hardly a way of showing a player they are valued.

He just doesn't want Barkley and sees him as a player he can do without. And his fee will help him bring in players he does like.

Koeman is a very political manager.

Again Dave, Koeman's quotes suggest otherwise.

The second part of that sentence, yes, I agree with you.

And ultimately I think Koeman would be proved right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back