Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
please do not insult my opinion randomly -
you are entitled to yours but please:
tell us where Barkley's distribution was great or where he created anything for Lukaku -
Deulefeu is in my opinion a much better ball player than Barkley -
take away Barkley's free kicks and corners and see how little he creates from open play -
Deulefeu does that much better - ask Lukaku - therefore in my opinion he would do better behind the striker than Barkley

Have you actually watched any matches this year !? Barkleys free kicks and corners have created very little this year. He does have that killer pass in his locker.....Makes the odd mistake but let's be honest when he is on , he is unplayable. Deulefeu is too soft to play in the middle.....if he was such a great player he would have beat his man in the 98th minute and taken it to the corner

He was downright abysmal yesterday. Sad his main contribution hit the post but he made the wrong decision not going across the goal. Little things are starting to add up again like last year. Excellent talent but he still needs nurturing.

He was downright abysmal yesterday. Sad his main contribution hit the post but he made the wrong decision not going across the goals. Little things are starting to add up again like last year. Excellent talent but he still needs nurturing.

Hahhahahahahahahhaah what??

He was super yesterday. Completely hammered their midfield all game and played some excellent passes - was unlucky not to score.

What do some people want?

Hahhahahahahahahhaah what??

He was super yesterday. Completely hammered their midfield all game and played some excellent passes - was unlucky not to score.

What do some people want?

Crazy isn't it. Watched about 60 mins of the Liverpool game today. Can't really remember a player on either side beating their marker with pace or skill. It's incredibly difficult to dribble past some one in the premier league. Ross does it at least 5 or 6 times a game even when he is playing badly. He had a major part in both goals and put in at least 3 or 4 other bits of outrageous skill in the final third that could have resulted in chances but players were offside. Creating chances and scoring goals are not a problem for this team. The problems are at the other end. I would like Barkely to close down with more intensity but on the other hand we play with two defensive mids and we want Barkley to be explosive when he receives the ball.

Other teams now work a lot harder against us. Ross is one of those players they double up on and stop him playing. To me thats a sign of respect and he has to learn to counter this. and he will. Yes, hes going to have bad games, all players do. but hes alot more consistent this season.

Are people seriously, seriously saying he didn't play well yesterday? The non-Everton fan I watched it with thought he was superb.

Watch the highlights video in the thread. He was turning away and powering past the likes of Mikel like they weren't there. A barnstorming run and layoff to Baines created a goal.

I've just read a Sunday Times match report where the writer is describing Barkley as a must for England and his performance as fabulous. And people thing he was abysmal?!

Watched the game. Second half he gave the ball away too much which in turn put pressure on our defense. Like I said great player and gave Mikel fits in the first half but he was knackerd after a hour. IMHO not his best game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back