Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
This match is not unusual in people having polarised opinions of Ross's performance. For what it's worth I witnessed him making defence splitting passes and bossing the game at times (several moments when he was surrounded by 4 or 5 Chelsea players) and at the same time making careless passes that lost us possession.

He's still a work in progress but in my opinion getting better all the time and I appreciate and value him highly

I was in a bad mood when I made that comment after watching the loss a second time. I just expected more from our main threats yesterday as Lukaku didn't want to upset his former mates. But Martinez snuffed it out like as he was the first out.

We scored three goals and created several other good chances. Going forward is not the issue.

Take some more time off mate
We scored three goals and created several other good chances. Going forward is not the issue.
Exactly he is boss moving forward. He is always a exciting when taking on dispatching opponents one on one. But let's be honest he was a little leggy in the second half and he was substituted with good conscience. I know he is a talisman for us but we leaked three goals yesterday and all the blame shouldn't be shouldered on the back four as we lost many loose passes in front of them.

This match is not unusual in people having polarised opinions of Ross's performance. For what it's worth I witnessed him making defence splitting passes and bossing the game at times (several moments when he was surrounded by 4 or 5 Chelsea players) and at the same time making careless passes that lost us possession.

He's still a work in progress but in my opinion getting better all the time and I appreciate and value him highly

I think you've summed him up there. He is a work-in progress, like you said, and we have to accept that he'll make mistakes. But when what he attempts comes off (which 60% of the time it does I'd say) then it's fantastic to watch.

Exactly he is boss moving forward. He is always a exciting when taking on dispatching opponents one on one. But let's be honest he was a little leggy in the second half and he was substituted with good conscience. I know he is a talisman for us but we leaked three goals yesterday and all the blame shouldn't be shouldered on the back four as we lost many loose passes in front of them.

My message you quoted there was in regards to your Lukaku comment

My message you quoted there was in regards to your Lukaku comment
Lukaku as another case in point needs a rest if we can afford it to him. He has been on such a spectacular run of late that the gaffer has to pencil him in. Saturday for whatever the reason he was hustling but it didn't come off for him. Sad that.

Lukaku as another case in point needs a rest if we can afford it to him. He has been on such a spectacular run of late that the gaffer has to pencil him in. Saturday for whatever the reason he was hustling but it didn't come off for him. Sad that.

He'll get a rest in the FA cup match but I don't think we can afford to rest him for any league games or the semi final

Anyway, Ross Barkley and stuff...

Possibly the only player we can not replace, within the squad, with maybe Lukaku, but we do have a striker cover
...I'm of the same opinion, lot of speculation of Stones and Rom bids in the summer, it's Ross I'm worried about, he's been excellent and would be amazed if he's not on the shortlist of the big spenders recruitment lists

...I'm of the same opinion, lot of speculation of Stones and Rom bids in the summer, it's Ross I'm worried about, he's been excellent and would be amazed if he's not on the shortlist of the big spenders recruitment lists

Nothing to worry about from me.

Will cost too much money and sides could buy an older, complete player for less.

He won't be going anywhere.

And he's floating under the radar. Could easily hit double assist and goal figures by the end of the season but still be snubbed for no "end product"

Let Deli Alli get all the praise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back