Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing to worry about from me.

Will cost too much money and sides could buy an older, complete player for less.

He won't be going anywhere.

And he's floating under the radar. Could easily hit double assist and goal figures by the end of the season but still be snubbed for no "end product"

Let Deli Alli get all the praise.
hope your right, but the media radar he's passing under is irrelevant to the scouting radar of the profligate spenders, Ross is a cert for the Euro's too so that media spotlight can change direction as quick as Ross can drop the shoulder and turn on a sixpence.....

Worth remembering it's not so long ago that he couldn't get a game for Leeds! His progress over the last 18 months has been tremendous. Scary to think how good he could be in 2 years time. By then we could be looking at the complete box to box midfielder.

we do not have to worry about Barkley - he will be playing for Everton for many years - maybe just not in the same position as he is playing now -
the big dogs would have come knocking long ago if he was anything close to a 2nd Roony or Gerard

we do not have to worry about Barkley - he will be playing for Everton for many years - maybe just not in the same position as he is playing now -
the big dogs would have come knocking long ago if he was anything close to a 2nd Roony or Gerard

Gerard never scored double figures until aged 24/25 & a took further 2 seasons to get double figures assists. He is 22 and missed a whole season with a triple leg break we will see what happens he has so much more to improve looks like he will potentially get double figures goals & assist this year comfortably

Gerard never scored double figures until aged 24/25 & a took further 2 seasons to get double figures assists. He is 22 and missed a whole season with a triple leg break we will see what happens he has so much more to improve looks like he will potentially get double figures goals & assist this year comfortably
Imagine what he could do with the full support of the fanbase

Worth remembering it's not so long ago that he couldn't get a game for Leeds! His progress over the last 18 months has been tremendous. Scary to think how good he could be in 2 years time. By then we could be looking at the complete box to box midfielder.

Don't want a box to box, blood and thunder midfielder. Want him to be an elegant European creative midfielder, something we've not had as an English player since Le Tissier.

Lampard played four full seasons in the premier league before his move to Chelsea. This is Ross' third season and he is streets ahead of Lampard at the same age, a miracle considering he has already had a career threatening injury.

We should just all enjoy him. What a player we have at this moment in time and he will only get better with experience as he is already showing this season. We can all see how good he is but we seem to expect more from him which is a little unfair and unnecessary pressure on him.

I think the reason Barkley splits the fans so much is because he is capable of so much more. He wasn't poor against Chelsea, but the standard to which he could and should be reaching, he was. He has everything in his locker, technique, vision, pace, strength, end product and work rate. but so often he just misses out on creating a great chance or scoring by the smallest of margins. It is why I have no doubt that he will be one of the best midfielders in the league at some point in his career, but at the moment, he infuriates me no end. His set pieces are terrible, he often turns away from good opportunities to keep the pressure on the opposition defence, and he can be found guilty of giving himself too much time on the ball.

I think the reason Barkley splits the fans so much is because he is capable of so much more. He wasn't poor against Chelsea, but the standard to which he could and should be reaching, he was. He has everything in his locker, technique, vision, pace, strength, end product and work rate. but so often he just misses out on creating a great chance or scoring by the smallest of margins. It is why I have no doubt that he will be one of the best midfielders in the league at some point in his career, but at the moment, he infuriates me no end. His set pieces are terrible, he often turns away from good opportunities to keep the pressure on the opposition defence, and he can be found guilty of giving himself too much time on the ball.
He splits the fanbase between people that expect 22 year old kids to be in their prime, and reasonable people.

He splits the fanbase between people that expect 22 year old kids to be in their prime, and reasonable people.

Not that simple though is it mate? Isn't unreasonable to be expecting that a player of his ability would begin to convert that promise into more end product now. he has been a regular in the first team for 2.5 seasons. Not expecting him to be world class, just to use his head a bit more.

Not that simple though is it mate? Isn't unreasonable to be expecting that a player of his ability would begin to convert that promise into more end product now. he has been a regular in the first team for 2.5 seasons. Not expecting him to be world class, just to use his head a bit more.
He has converted that promise into more end product though...
If you cannot see the maturity he has added to his game and the way he has begun to boss games then I feel sorry for you.
If he continues the way he has he will be a world class player, as good as the likes of Toure e.t.c in their prime

He has converted that promise into more end product though...
If you cannot see the maturity he has added to his game and the way he has begun to boss games then I feel sorry for you.
If he continues the way he has he will be a world class player, as good as the likes of Toure e.t.c in their prime

I'm not doubting that he has added maturity into his game. The way I see it is that when he broke into the team he was all about recieving the ball and then thinking about how he was going to beat his man and/or shoot. He has received criticism for this though, from the media, Roy, and no doubt Martinez too. So to me it appears as though he's gone the full opposite, and receives the ball often thinking only about turning and passing to Barry or Besic. I want to see him mix and match and make the decision when to do which. This is what can take him on to the next level, and in my opinion change our entire game.

just chill and let him develop at his own time without any added pressure.

He's a blue, a proper blue, playing for everton.

Sure he could work harder, i'm sure he will one day.

But his attacking, running with the ball is brilliant. He literally, technically has EVERYTHING, it's just his decision making that can let him down.

That will come, with time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back