Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he could learn the eye for a forward pass that Gibson has with the one touch into space/first time ball Cleverly has then we could build the Everton and England side of the next decade around him.

This is the difference with the top 1% of players in that they can strive towards that little bit extra quality. We know he can carry the ball we know he can hit a sweet shot we know he can move the ball to feet sideways like the vast majority of our midfield staff (that last bit for the rest).
The level above is the one touch into space away from either bank of defence of midfield - its a very difficult task and why so few players show the capacity for carrying a side like the likes of Rooney has shown he can.

Some players mature much later thats not an expectation more a let him off the leash idea. It will be a lot easier for our actual midfielders to hit a pass when its into the space afrforded by the pace of the true wingers we want to see.

Question is if we get them do we have the likes of Cahill and Ferguson for instance able to make the most of deliveries from the flanks.

Why solve a problem that creates another? Ha irony that - Everton creativism leading to further problems.

I love going to Goodison, but I never come away thinking I got a better view of the game.

Unless you have a photographic memory and the eyes of an eagle, the addition of replays, slow mo and different camera angles make it easier to analyse the game.
Wish there was a switch you could flip on the TV to see the whole pitch on occasion, the focus in on the action is great for seeing details but can sometimes mean the broader tactics can be hard to discern.

Wish there was a switch you could flip on the TV to see the whole pitch on occasion, the focus in on the action is great for seeing details but can sometimes mean some of the broader tactics can be hard to discern.

That's the biggest difference between going and watching on TV for me. TV is great for close-ups and replays etc, but the camera obviously follows the ball and therefore the play. At the game you can watch the shape and formation of the team so much better than you ever can on telly.

Capable of the best and of the worst today, obviously the goal, the cross for Lukaku and also that shot in the first half being the very good, and missing a few 5 yard passes and breaking up several attacks being the awful.

I don't think he is a number 10, and playing in central midfield could keep bringing the best out of him and reduce the amount of silly mistakes, by giving him more time to control the ball, space to run into etc.

It seems many people feel the same, and if we do get a playmaker in I would expect Martinez to at least try playing Barkley next to McCarthy, particularly against weaker sides at home.
i agree with what you are saying, except I don't expect martinez to do that, because he is a moron, if he signs a number 10, he will play barkley on the wing as part of his pathetic desperation to have barry on the pitch at all times

I really hate the vast majority of our fans, hope he sacks us off and plays CM at a top club and makes you all look like the bunch of unbelievable blerts you are, while utter wasters like hibbert get a 5 year extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back