Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from it being a 'paper' distraction, I think he should move on if he can't fulfill his potential here.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love him to become a legend with us but sometimes, the change can make the player. Of course, that didn't work for Rodwell but Ross has to prove it to himself that he can or can't evolve here & take it from there.

We have to realise that if we want this team to return to its rightful place at the pointy end of the league, then there cannot be any passengers. If Ross falls into that category then sadly, he should move on. No more of the Man U retiree's or Ossie/Hibbo "past use by date" team.

Harsh? Sure. Necessary? Yes.

Barkley has been subject to transfer speculation for a number of years now and he is still at Goodison. Papers need copy and if you look around the Premiership who else are you going to write about.
He is not fulfilling the very big potential we have attached to him, we have a new manager who has dropped him, prefect storm for the press. I even see they are saying we need to sell him to finance the move for Depay and Scheidelin.

Disruptive and distracting on the eve of the Derby. I don't know Ross Barkley personally but one thing I am in no doubt about is that he is an Evertonian through and through.

I'd love him to captain our team one day representing his maturity as a player and standard bearer of our club, in England and Europe. That's what I'd like and hopefully it would fit the Diamond too.

On his day when he is as consistently good as he can be, he'll captain the country as well.Whether that ever happens is an entirely different thing and depends on many things.

I may be optimistic and offering the upside, but what I do know is that Ross is an exceptional talent. I hear the shouts on decision making and tracking back, and that's fair - he'll know that himself - but what he has got is an ability and drive that makes the difference in tight games.

None of us carry a crystal ball and what will be, will happen. But in my opinion he's a match winner and nothing would please me more than a MoTM performance tomorrow.

A blockbuster goal, second half, right foot, that eventually bounces in Leta Steet having broken the net at the Gladdy Steet End, bursting through the cladding, tearing through the upstairs bedroom of Number 56, leaving a hole like a meteorite - then landing safely in Leta Street, then as it rolls casually down, dodging the inevitable dog [Poor language removed] and as luck would have it, having taken a few minutes to reach City Road I'd pick the bugger up and pop the match winning ball under my arm as I strode home, then describing these unbelievable sequence of events on GOT may be asking too much.

But for all that nonsense,he's a top player, has his faults and gets unfair criticism. However, what I'd give for him to score the winner tomorrow. It's there for the taking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back