Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pivotal time in his career right now. Gwed son score the winner against our eternal enemy and come off that pitch idolised and feeling ten feet tall. We all know what you're capable of so seize the moment Ross lad and give us a priceless memory

Pivotal time in his career right now. Gwed son score the winner against our eternal enemy and come off that pitch idolised and feeling ten feet tall. We all know what you're capable of so seize the moment Ross lad and give us a priceless memory

I agree, but I also feel that if he approaches the game as a fan, with the same desire and passion that we all feel, there is more chance he will fail.
Sometimes when you want something desperately it never materialises.
A clear head and a focus on the job is what is required. Nerves of steel and a self confidence in both ones own abilities and your team mates.

I would go on the pitch with your war cry in my head, and be sent off for a 2 footed head high challenge within minutes.
Of course, Kuyt and slippy did those and just got a calm down gesture from the ref.

I agree, but I also feel that if he approaches the game as a fan, with the same desire and passion that we all feel, there is more chance he will fail.
Sometimes when you want something desperately it never materialises.
A clear head and a focus on the job is what is required. Nerves of steel and a self confidence in both ones own abilities and your team mates.

I would go on the pitch with your war cry in my head, and be sent off for a 2 footed head high challenge within minutes.
Of course, Kuyt and slippy did those and just got a calm down gesture from the ref.
Haha fair point mate I would probably do the same. I just feel he needs a watershed moment that could transform him from a nervous under achiever to a man of strength. All the great players have an aura about them and Ross just needs something to trigger it off. He should view tonight as a great opportunity

I hope if he does score a winner, or to take the lead tonight he does something derby worthy to really wind the fans up.

Like scoring in the park end and celebrating in front of the kopites would be boss, kiss his badge or something.

Just watched "classic match" on Optus... showed the 3-3 derby when mirallas failed to break buck tooth's leg. Barkley was quality to watch... dribbling.... full of running... tackling.... shooting... looked really good. I miss that ross and can't believe how he's not even a shadow of the confident , enthusiastic and talented player I have just watched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back