Royston Drenthe

Status
Not open for further replies.
John is a quality player, Wolves had one shot. He also did the best fake header I have ever seen, dodging the ball but still flying through the air, allowing him to get in a better position to cover.

All pacey skillfull game winning wingers can be frustrating at times. It's in there make up!

Been a breath of fresh air. Sign him up ASAP!

Only one more winger needed then. Holtby anyone?

So far, he's given us a serious breath of fresh air and creativity. So far, I also say he's a keeper.

I posted this in the gamethread, but so it doesn't get lost:

From a Tim Howard interview on Kickette (the interview is great by the way, a good read):
Everton
Q: Who spends the most time primping in front of the mirror in the locker room?
A: Oh that’s easy – Royston Drenthe. If that man had a full length mirror in his locker he’d probably never leave [the locker room].

Q: Describe what Marouane Fellaini’s hair looks like in person
A: It’s a rats nest…but a lovable rats nest. Especially when he showers, he gets out and his soaking wet hair is all flat. Gradually it starts growing and takes on a life of its own.

Q: Who spends the most time primping in front of the mirror in the locker room?
A: Oh that’s easy – Royston Drenthe. If that man had a full length mirror in his locker he’d probably never leave [the locker room].

If they only lowered the mirror I bet he'd fit full-figure! The man's a tiny little beast!

Roy badly needs to be coached and to adjust overall to the Everton way of things, as did Pienaar andf Arteta when they first arrived. If his talent can be harrnessed he can be one of the best and most effective players in the league.

He did better linking up a few times with Baines on Saturday. It's still quite scary when he takes the ball facing his own goal...

He's brought pace and the will to run at defenders, so far so good.

We should exploit his strength and pace. He's the best person to pass the ball to when we're breaking forward to counter attack with pace. It's a waste to make him defend a corner in our penalty box or be part of the wall defending freekicks. One of the reason we break out from defend in such a slow pace is because we don't have a player with much technical ability to carry the ball forward with pace and control.

I feel his talent will be subdue if we play a slow attacking approach which is why he looks ineffective at times.

He's got 2 goals and 5 assists in the league from a sprinkling of appearances in a gash team.

He is only 24.

He will be on a bosman at the end of the season.

.: There is no way in hell we'll be able to keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back