Royston Drenthe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody saying they dont want Pienaar back needs to book a CAT scan ASAP.

If we had him it would be at the expense of Drenthe or Barkley. Moyes wouldn't break up his defensive fulcrum in the middle. Pienaar on the left and Drenthe on the right could work, but we wouldn't see Coleman again for a very long time. I'd rather try and find a way to get the players that we've got to work as a more cohesive unit.

The laughable thing is these things being levelled at him aren't true at all, he does his fair share of chasing, pressing and tracking back. He's not even close to being a luxury player.

Moyes has been a complete horror show this season, but credit where it's due, Drenthe's a quality player. Potentially another excellent loan signing.

It's like Moyes wanting Yak to defend from the front or Saha to chase into the corners. You've got 10 other players to do the donkey work. Let the one player who can change the game for us focus on what they do best.

If we had him it would be at the expense of Drenthe or Barkley. Moyes wouldn't break up his defensive fulcrum in the middle. Pienaar on the left and Drenthe on the right could work, but we wouldn't see Coleman again for a very long time. I'd rather try and find a way to get the players that we've got to work as a more cohesive unit.

Barkley doesnt play wide and we simply move Coleman to Right Back.

Im talking about Steven Pienaar, little fella with braids, Player of the Season once, just refreshing your memory.

Barkley doesnt play wide and we simply move Coleman to Right Back.

Im talking about Steven Pienaar, little fella with braids, Player of the Season once, just refreshing your memory.

Moyes won't play an 18 year old in central midfield on a regular basis. And, if we have someone like Drenthe or Barkley on the right hand side of midfield, Davey will want a defensively-minded fullback behind them.

Yeah, he did it for a year, but he'll be 30 in March and Spurs aren't going to just give him to us. He's at the start of a 4 year contract. I'd rather try and get younger players into our side.

Drenthe is a better player than Pienaar IMO. He has tons of pace, creativity, and he is a real goal threat. Today, he was especially brilliant. I think if he would have started, we might of won. He added so much to our play in the time he was on.

I would take Drenthe any day over Pienaar right now. Pienaar has served us well, but since he joined Spurs he hasn't looked to be the same player in the limited time he's been played.

Why would Peanuts come back when we're in a worse position that when he left? Plus Donovan will will first choice on the wings, and Drenthe will certainly explode if Peanuts did walk into the side ahead of him.

Why would Peanuts come back when we're in a worse position that when he left? Plus Donovan will will first choice on the wings, and Drenthe will certainly explode if Peanuts did walk into the side ahead of him.

Maybe because he's in a far worse position than when he left as well.

Donovan could play up front or off the striker with Pienaar left, Drenthe right. Lovely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back