Royston Drenthe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drenthe, Fellaini, Barkley, Donovan

Baines, Distin, Jagielka, Coleman.

All we need are two decent strikers and we'd actually have go. We're desperately missing any sort of buzz around the club at the moment, this may get it back.

that looks amazing, and it wouldn't even be incompatible with a defensive minded formation. we could stick heitinga or rodwell in next to fellaini in the middle with one up top. we have options formation wise, but its all about making use of the personnel that we have

Were them 3 last ones a joke or..?

NO. The last four were

What I'm saying is that they are footballers who we have this (theoretically) in their arsenal. The fact that they don't or can't is down the level of opposition who have all advanced and bought new players. We don't know if Barkley can at this level yet but we have faith that he can.

The idea that Moyes doesn't like exciting players is just wrong. The idea that we have to sell all our exciting players isn't. Everyone cries about Moyes but can you think of anyone in our team who is consistently a top player? Drenthe? No. Baines? Not this season. People postulate formations, player configurations and other managers like this will solve our problems but it won't. Only the money to go out and reinvigorate our squad can do this.

Moyes won't **** with his tried and tested formula until we are safe, then we can try alternate formations and players.

There is no formation juggle or player jostle to sort out the current team. Moyes has done enough at this club to deserve more respect and people to put down their wild preconceptions.

COYB xx

Can't wait to see him on the same pitch as Landon, opposition full backs will be sh*tting it. With landon they will be able to swap flanks too to keep things lively

This. When I was watching the game this weekend, I a) couldn't believe Drenthe didn't start, b) found him to be an amazing jolt of energy, creativity and attacking ability.

I am DROOLING for these two to be on the pitch with one another. Without Drenthe we couldn't counter because we were so DAMN SLOW. And Saha kept coming back for the ball because Cahill was so damn slow.

Could we please for the love of everything holy have these two speedsters on the pitch at the same frigging time? Add Coleman onto that and again - we haven't seen that type of team in AGES.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...d-call-a-holt-to-everton-attack-6279053.html?

"He ran at them and created some opportunities," said Moyes, who has used the Dutchman sparingly and cautiously so far. "When games are like they were today, then Roy is terrific, but sometimes in the Premier League the hard part is defending."

Oh please... whatever happened to attack being the best form of defence. I like to see hard-graft from all our players, but surely at least one of our 'attackers' can be given license to 'attack'. I'm really beginning to struggle with Moyes motivational man management techniques :@

8 home goals... wake up and smell the coffee Mr Moyes. Clean-sheets stop you losing games... goals are needed to win them!

"Daft as it may seem, I'm not
mad about scoring three or four,"
he said. "I'd rather we were
winning games two-nothing and
plodding on, because I don't think
we've got lots of fives and fours in
the team."

YOU CAN'T KEEP CLEAN SHEETS YOU BELL!

Oh and about Roy -

"when games are like they were today, then Roy is terrific, but sometimes in the premier league, the hard part is defending"

Massive tit.

Drenthe is fantastic......one thing which hasn't been mentioned.....has Donovan still got the same pace as he had last time -- he's no spring chicken....

As an LA fan as well, if you had asked me in October, I would have been hesitant. But he has looked like a different player in November - and his pace looks fine.

He actually had almost a full month of rest in October due to an injured quad. We're actually getting him pretty well rested as he had that month off, played a few games, then will have almost another month off. So his pace (or lack thereof) should not be an issue.

Drenthe has honestly been a class above anything I ever expected from him. His shooting is pretty damn good, his pace is blistering and even at full pace his touch is pretty damn amazing. I will go absolutely insane if we don't tie him up.

That's a disgrace, saying he's not mad about winning 3 or 4 nil? Anyone who doesn't want to win games safely is definitely daft.

I think we've just found out from the horses mouth why we are so ****. Moyes is telling them not to bloody score...

Heaven forbid someone would score a hatrick. They'd be out of the team in a flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back