Royston Drenthe

Status
Not open for further replies.
lets face it. royston is too good for us. he could do so much better. the only way i see us keeping him is if we get taken over before he sign for someone else

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...d-call-a-holt-to-everton-attack-6279053.html?

"He ran at them and created some opportunities," said Moyes, who has used the Dutchman sparingly and cautiously so far. "When games are like they were today, then Roy is terrific, but sometimes in the Premier League the hard part is defending."

Oh please... whatever happened to attack being the best form of defence. I like to see hard-graft from all our players, but surely at least one of our 'attackers' can be given license to 'attack'. I'm really beginning to struggle with Moyes motivational man management techniques :@

8 home goals... wake up and smell the coffee Mr Moyes. Clean-sheets stop you losing games... goals are needed to win them!

I prefer this quote from the bottom

Article said:
Possession: Everton 59% Norwich 41%.

Attempts on target: Blackburn 15 West Brom 1.

Moyes sometimes does infuriate me.

I prefer this quote from the bottom

Moyes sometimes does infuriate me.

Its laughable that he has said that.

I saw his other comments in the Echo about people daring to comment when we didnt have any shots on goal two games running saying that we had 15 against Norwich who had only 1 themselves. Like that makes its any better.

Its like he is taking the piss sometimes. Any time we get mildly excited about something he dumps all over it.

Disgraceful comments from moyes, in fact no manager in this world should ever be allow to think or say something like that.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/dec/18/david-moyes-everton-norwich-city
Doesn't look promising for Drenthe to start, but Denis might get a game.

Reading the Moyes quote I'm sure he is on crack. He'd rather win 2-0 and plod on than 3 or 4 nil. I'm honestly gobsmacked. I always knew he preferred a good defensive record but I assumed it didn't extend to the opposition aswell

I read that too. Where is Moyes getting 2-0s from? We've struggled to score at all for most of this season and we almost always give the first goal away. I'm actually honestly concerned that he's losing the plot. According to that report Vellios wasn't injured either, he was dropped.

If he expects Drenthe to play responsible defense, he will be left wanting. Maybe Drenthe should take Cahill's spot in the lineup, instead of one that involves defensive duties.

lets face it. royston is too good for us. he could do so much better. the only way i see us keeping him is if we get taken over before he sign for someone else

My Gooner friend says they were looking at him for a bit. He'd fit in pretty well over there. BLEGH. Hope we keep him.

Moyes would defo be the manager who dropped Van Der Vaart, Aguero, Balotteli, Sturridge, etc for not tracking back and defending...

I read that too. Where is Moyes getting 2-0s from? We've struggled to score at all for most of this season and we almost always give the first goal away. I'm actually honestly concerned that he's losing the plot. According to that report Vellios wasn't injured either, he was dropped.

Where's he getting fours and fives from as well, by my reckoning we've scored four or more goals on nine occasions under Moyes.

Not surprising that Moyes thinks defending is more important than attacking play, even for a winger. We're the only team in the league who get everybody back for a corner against a newly promoted side, at home.

Absolute joke.

Not surprising that Moyes thinks defending is more important than attacking play, even for a winger. We're the only team in the league who get everybody back for a corner against a newly promoted side, at home.

Absolute joke.
while 1 ,0 down. it wasnt even a corner it was a free kick just over the half way line .moyes will look on drenthe the same way he looks at young barkley liability at defending fact

it always makes me laugh when we pull Drenthe back to defend a corner.

Agreed. It's miles more effective to put a couple of your attacking players on the half way line as an outlet if the corner gets cleared. It gives you a counter attacking chance and preoccupies a couple of their players, stopping them from getting in the box or lurking on the outside, a la Stoke.

SOCCER TAKTIX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back