Royston Drenthe

Status
Not open for further replies.
well hopefully we will lol, but gueye looks like hes gonna be a threat in the future.
erm i cant remember but dont think real are paying anything

He is a free agent at the end of the season right? I wonder what it would take to keep him at the club? 75k a week plus signing on bonus?

We should give him whatever he wants. I'd be heartbroken if he went to someone in the premier league.

Hacks me that Moyes constantly saying that Royston is only cut out for certain types of games and opponents. Maybe Davie is trying to keep R.R.'s head in check and price down but I can't help but believe that deeper down, he believes what he is saying - defense first regardless of production or results.

It's so rare to find a winger with both offensive and defensive quality. I think we should be glad that he can be such a threat going forward rather than lamenting on his defensive failure. He's capable of doing things that no other in our team is capable of so why not just let him do his stuff. As a manager, Moyes must find ways to accommodate his defensive aspect, not ask him to track back at every opportunity when the opposition posses the ball.

Drenthe is pivotal if we are going to adopt a more effective higher tempo game or counter attacking game.

He had a wonderful first half last night, mainly because Swansea only put one defender on him. He can easily beat any defender in a one on one situation creating space for himself to shoot or run towards the byeline and produce a low drag back cross which almost result in goals either way.

The second half is a different story. He was double team constantly, at one point there were 4 defenders trying to crowd him out in the box. That made me chuckle. When was the last time we saw an everton player having so much attention from opposing defenders? They are simply afraid of Drenthe.

We need to learn how to evolve our play so that he won't be nullified as a threat when teams double up on him. More players need to offer him good passing options and always have a target man in the box to anticipate his unpredictable lighting crosses. In short, build a team around him like how ManU did with ronaldo. Fergie allow ronaldo to flourish because he allow him to neglect his defensive duties and concentrate only on causing mayhem at the opposing end.

Who else is there in their box?

He's a must sign for me. Loads of pace, skill, technique, loves to run at defenders. It's a no brainer for me, especially because he's on a free at the end of the season.

I really hope we can keep him. He's better than Pienaar.

£35k a week? FFS I've been assuming we would never be able to match his wage demands. I'll absolutely fume if we don't sign him up now. He's the most exciting player I've seen pull on our shirt for ages.

Spot on mate

It's so rare to find a winger with both offensive and defensive quality. I think we should be glad that he can be such a threat going forward rather than lamenting on his defensive failure. He's capable of doing things that no other in our team is capable of so why not just let him do his stuff. As a manager, Moyes must find ways to accommodate his defensive aspect, not ask him to track back at every opportunity when the opposition posses the ball.

Drenthe is pivotal if we are going to adopt a more effective higher tempo game or counter attacking game.

He had a wonderful first half last night, mainly because Swansea only put one defender on him. He can easily beat any defender in a one on one situation creating space for himself to shoot or run towards the byeline and produce a low drag back cross which almost result in goals either way.

The second half is a different story. He was double team constantly, at one point there were 4 defenders trying to crowd him out in the box. That made me chuckle. When was the last time we saw an everton player having so much attention from opposing defenders? They are simply afraid of Drenthe.

We need to learn how to evolve our play so that he won't be nullified as a threat when teams double up on him. More players need to offer him good passing options and always have a target man in the box to anticipate his unpredictable lighting crosses. In short, build a team around him like how ManU did with ronaldo. Fergie allow ronaldo to flourish because he allow him to neglect his defensive duties and concentrate only on causing mayhem at the opposing end.

Spot on mate, you've got a point there.

Not sure mate, apart from Drenthe there's only one other blue shirt in the box. The rest of the team is nowhere in position to offer Drenthe any support.

i remember there being 2 players in the box, but not in a posistion that would help drenthe, put props to the lil man gettin past 4 big players at once. ill be devastated if we dont get him. moyes i dont care how bad he defends moyes thats why we have defenders. and on that note i hope what the papers say arnt true and we are looking to sell distin....

If I wake up at 2am to watch us play and he is not in the starting line up I almost consider going back to bed. Best thing to happen to our club, player wise in a very long time, actually exciting to watch! Who else is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back