Royston Drenthe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just noticed that Drenthe has only ever scored 10 goals in his entire club career, including the 2 for us! And with 6 assists in the blue shirt, he's more than doubled his tally in that column.

I've just noticed that Drenthe has only ever scored 10 goals in his entire club career, including the 2 for us! And with 6 assists in the blue shirt, he's more than doubled his tally in that column.

He has another assist in the league cup too.

He's a beast.

I expect him to improve as exciting and as much as a spark as he is going forward - rightly or wrongly Moyes wants balance in his game, the defending from the front thing that Pienaar developed. Its frustrating as he can turn a game but thats Davey. I like the noises he makes about the club.

Anyone else think Moyes doesn't like him?

Well, he is not going to praise him while he is playing for a contract is he? He can go elsewhere sure, but he could have chosen that before he joined us.

I expect him to join on a free, then immediately go van set meyde on us.

He has the ability to be one of the top players in the Prem make no mistake, his impact and stats are phenomanal given his playing time, when you think what Fulham spent on Ruiz, Norway on Henderson and Newcastle on Ben Arfa - he has been a snip. We badly need to keep him.

He has the ability to be one of the top players in the Prem make no mistake, his impact and stats are phenomanal given his playing time, when you think what Fulham spent on Ruiz, Norway on Henderson and Newcastle on Ben Arfa - he has been a snip. We badly need to keep him.

Spot on, seems we have replaced Arteta with a freebie.

Spot on, seems we have replaced Arteta with a freebie.

Hs wild mate, i think thats just his temprament - hes a bit of a honey badger, with that comes the fearlessness we all enjoy and prob the lack of discpline that irks Davey. I dont think he will ever learn the dsicipline Mikel did to be able to play in the positions he did, but his discipline and roundedness of game can be developed by some margin to improve the balance of his game - i would liken him to Pienaar in his development in that reagrd. He will always be a direct in your face player - but his quality and technical ability is superb there is always an end product - unlike Pienaar. Hes a game changer no mistake - hes a player we've been crying out for for beards for me, he is potentialy one of the top 5 wingers in the league. A great testament of his talent has been that from his first game, he looked a PL player, a top one at that, none of this adjustment sniz.

Another interesting comparison is with the Zog who we would happily have creamed 10 mill for in the summer, even Billy who we did who has taken three seasons and still hasnt adjusted to the PL.

Hs wild mate, i think thats just his temprament - hes a bit of a honey badger, with that comes the fearlessness we all enjoy and prob the lack of discpline that irks Davey. I dont think he will ever learn the dsicipline Mikel did to be able to play in the positions he did, but his discipline and roundedness of game can be developed by some margin to improve the balance of his game - i would liken him to Pienaar in his development in that reagrd. He will always be a direct in your face player - but his quality and technical ability is superb there is always an end product - unlike Pienaar. Hes a game changer no mistake - hes a player we've been crying out for for beards for me, he is potentialy one of the top 5 wingers in the league. A great testament of his talent has been that from his first game, he looked a PL player, a top one at that, none of this adjustment sniz.

Another interesting comparison is with the Zog who we would happily have creamed 10 mill for in the summer, even Billy who we did who has taken three seasons and still hasnt adjusted to the PL.

Personally think we dodged a bullet there, but at the same time, he was brilliant against Bolton and Arsenal for Villa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back