Running

Realised over the last few weeks that I actually hate running in the day whilst it's light. Can not wait for the earlier runs, ~ 06:00-08:00, and the late ones, ~16:00-onwards, to be pitch black again :D

So I’m getting my x ray on my hip today. After my last post about potential cam impingement, the second opinion physio felt it was more muscular again and to do with the iliopsoas muscle so gave me some exercises to do as rehab while also referring to xray to rule out the cam impingement.

The rehab will also show any surgeon that I’ve tried exercise before surgery if it is ultimately a skeletal issue.

Started going to the gym as well to keep me active and managed to get over my gym fear.

I’m that used to running in the morning now, that if I go in the afternoon or evening, my body doesn’t feel right.

It’s very similar to sleep patterns !
Same really, just because it's quieter. Appreciate it more going off road. Would love to be somewhere like the lake District running in the hills early morn. One day I'm sure.
Do enjoy running in the heat too tbh, nothing quite like a cold shower :eek:

10km for me the other day, trying to do 10km at least once a week, would like to get back to doing 10km and half marathon races, I’m slower than I used to be but feel I can improve my times if I keep putting some regular runs in. Park run will help with that as well I reckon.

Back in the gym two days since Friday

Any tips for treadmill running for fitness and endurance ?
I personally prefer outdoor running but obviously treadmill is just as good. Take your time and don’t push yourself too much to begin with, obviously work within your current fitness levels and try to increase your workout weekly rather than daily I would say. Most of all just enjoy it. Running shoes rather than every day trainers would be my suggestion also if it’s purely running you want to do.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back