Running

Back in the gym two days since Friday

Any tips for treadmill running for fitness and endurance ?
Treadmill has it's place, especially if coming back from injury. Tis good for easing into your run gradually, but also for fartleks.

Did a half marathon on the treadmill in a hotel in Berlin once, when training for a marathon.

I’d rather run in a blizzard than use one.

Hate the things 😂
While I tend to agree with you, last winter I was continually blasted by wind/sleet/snow/ rain , sometimes all in the one run and while it didn’t cause to me miss a run it did wear me down. I suspect that the prospect of treadmill running ( sometimes) is going to rear its head this winter so I’m going to sus out the options , particularly if it’s icy out there.

While I tend to agree with you, last winter I was continually blasted by wind/sleet/snow/ rain , sometimes all in the one run and while it didn’t cause to me miss a run it did wear me down. I suspect that the prospect of treadmill running ( sometimes) is going to rear its head this winter so I’m going to sus out the options , particularly if it’s icy out there.

With all my running being off road, the ice and snow, doesn`t really stop me mate, it just slows me down a bit and makes things a bit tricky :lol:

Ice is no good and an easy 30 minutes indoors can be far better than feeling uncomfortable. Wind is the only thing (non-dangerous) that I really didn't like, rain never bothered me. Well, maybe heat now but I'd still probably rather be outside.

It's the ice that has stopped me in the past. However we've not had a serious winter for a few years by me so it's not been an issue. Wind and rain I can by and large cope with. I quite like cold weather running. But I'm purely a road runner, so ice and mounds of snow are no-nos.

It's the ice that has stopped me in the past. However we've not had a serious winter for a few years by me so it's not been an issue. Wind and rain I can by and large cope with. I quite like cold weather running. But I'm purely a road runner, so ice and mounds of snow are no-nos.
Yep , I get used to rain and wind where I live , otherwise I’d never go out. You know those large Wind Arrows on the weather forecast that start at the North Pole that they show the path of ? Well in winter they often skim past the Northern Isles , curve gracefully over the North Sea and hit land about a mile away from me , usually when I’m running along the coast of course 😂

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back