Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny Kelly ( who I have a lot of time for ) and Darren Gough ( who I don`t ) have just been discussing the interview with Jim " Sam`s a friend of the show " White, on TS`s Drive Time.

Caller after caller phoned in to wade into the slug.

They were quite taken a back, by the amount of callers who were slating the slug and wanted him gone.

They really struggled to find any positives about his reign so far and were almost agreeing with the callers - especially Kelly.

You`d think that all this must feed back to the club ??????

Unrolls threadbare prayer mat again

Danny Kelly ( who I have a lot of time for ) and Darren Gough ( who I don`t ) have just been discussing the interview with Jim " Sam`s a friend of the show " White, on TS`s Drive Time.

Caller after caller phoned in to wade into the slug.

They were quite taken a back, by the amount of callers who were slating the slug and wanted him gone.

They really struggled to find any positives about his reign so far and were almost agreeing with the callers - especially Kelly.

You`d think that all this must feed back to the club ??????

Interesting that. I heard bits a bobs of the White "Interview" this morning, (in and out the van), and my conclusion was that it was more an exercise in White "asking the tough questions" then giving BFS a platform to defend himself. IIRC, self proclaimed "tough journo" didnt actually challenge anything BFS said.

Like, when he said the majority of fans are behind me, White didnt even suggest that was not evidenced on social media, support at the games. Not a peep of a challenge. Maybe the mood music has sunk in at GP, and the unfettered attacks on him on Drive that you heard are evidence of the bus being started up.

Lets face it, "Everton, The Story" this weekend would usually be a footnote on TS, and rightly so. A crap derby, some fabulous/important games elsewhere, Liverpool/City tomorrow, United/City could fill 2 hours, The Masters, relegation pea soup, the Championship play off/promotion mix.Jose must have said something noteworthy.

But the manager of a limbo club, after a 0 0, safe, has topped and tailed their coverage today.

Makes me wonder why.

Interesting that. I heard bits a bobs of the White "Interview" this morning, (in and out the van), and my conclusion was that it was more an exercise in White "asking the tough questions" then giving BFS a platform to defend himself. IIRC, self proclaimed "tough journo" didnt actually challenge anything BFS said.

Like, when he said the majority of fans are behind me, White didnt even suggest that was not evidenced on social media, support at the games. Not a peep of a challenge. Maybe the mood music has sunk in at GP, and the unfettered attacks on him on Drive that you heard are evidence of the bus being started up.

Lets face it, "Everton, The Story" this weekend would usually be a footnote on TS, and rightly so. A crap derby, some fabulous/important games elsewhere, Liverpool/City tomorrow, United/City could fill 2 hours, The Masters, relegation pea soup, the Championship play off/promotion mix.Jose must have said something noteworthy.

But the manager of a limbo club, after a 0 0, safe, has topped and tailed their coverage today.

Makes me wonder why.

Normally they balance the piece out with - one caller who is "anti "and the next will be "pro ", to keep the ebb and flow of the debate going..

But in this case on Drive Time, it was just caller after caller wading into him.

So that was either their remit from the start or they simply couldn`t find any callers who supported him - which I find very hard to believe.

As I`ve said before, there is nothing coming out of the club by the way of support for him.

He`s not stupid and must know this, hence why he`s getting even more arsey and defiant than usual when interviewed.

The club did the exact same with Koeman towards the end too.

Normally they balance the piece out with - one caller who is "anti "and the next will be "pro ", to keep the ebb and flow of the debate going..

But in this case on Drive Time, it was just caller after caller wading into him.

So that was either their remit from the start or they simply couldn`t find any callers who supported him - which I find very hard to believe.

As I`ve said before, there is nothing coming out of the club by the way of support for him.

He`s not stupid and must know this, hence why he`s getting even more arsey and defiant than usual when interviewed.

The club did the exact same with Koeman towards the end too.

I dont listen to TS after 4.30, so dont know their usual operation later in the day, but during the day, they do the balance stuff if they can, but rarely have "caller after caller", more like a few now and then.

Is that the normal thing on Drive this time of day? Cos if not, sommets gone on.

I dont listen to TS after 4.30, so dont know their usual operation later in the day, but during the day, they do the balance stuff if they can, but rarely have "caller after caller", more like a few now and then.

Is that the normal thing on Drive this time of day? Cos if not, sommets gone on.

It`s definitely not the norm, as the show would become dull, if it was just non stop callers saying the same thing and people wouldn`t tune in.

They both seemed thrown by the real dislike for the man and didn`t try to dress it up like Jim White - " He`s done what he was asked to do / what did you expect ".

It can only have cemented what the club surely must know already.

I think he will be gone. The reason he is not yet has to be that the club are trying to make sure of the next appointment first and not enter into another uncertain management vacuum like last time.
Lord knows we have to get this right this time, so none of this back and forth Watford type nonsense ending in a last minute panic alternative. If it means we have to suffer "Thick Gravy" tactics to the end of the season, then so be it. I don't care, as long as we get the new manager installed before the summer and wave goodbye forever to this regime and this most abysmal of seasons in living memory!

It`s definitely not the norm, as the show would become dull, if it was just non stop callers saying the same thing and people wouldn`t tune in.

They both seemed thrown by the real dislike for the man and didn`t try to dress it up like Jim White - " He`s done what he was asked to do / what did you expect ".

It can only have cemented what the club surely must know already.

Interesting. 5 Live now, Andy Townsend and Ian Wright, (again, why Everton when we have done jack this weekend?), very muc=h taking Rooney's corner on him being subbed. Paraphrase, "Why would a manager play him there in a midfield 2, when he sees Cenk isolated 40 yards away?"

Hmmm

Interesting. 5 Live now, Andy Townsend and Ian Wright, (again, why Everton when we have done jack this weekend?), very muc=h taking Rooney's corner on him being subbed. Paraphrase, "Why would a manager play him there in a midfield 2, when he sees Cenk isolated 40 yards away?"

Hmmm

Sharpy on the phone in on Merseyside, stating that Allardyce isn`t the right man for the job.

Sharpy is the biggest club kiss ass going and always tows the party line.

He`s getting hammered from all sides and nothing by the way of support from the club !

Not sure if been mentioned but gravy boy has even been outed by Graham toe the Everton line Sharp on the legends programme. Stating that his isnt good enough to be an Everton manager...surely he has been briefed as he is always suckholing...please fire the fraud before Swansea..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back