Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The sad thing is until Bills punted any time Unsworth gets the interim role theirs a local media effort to give him the job.

I only want Sam peddled if we have a manager waiting to be unveiled soon after - not weeks of worry and speculation.

Its been all day, local and national.

After a 0 0 draw.

You know the drill mate.

There's being obvious and then there's being Everton obvious.

Yeah and it’s classless by Everton. Why not fire him in private at the end of the season?

Because he's a fat, heaving, odious cart who doesn't deserve the respect of being let go in private.

There's being obvious and then there's being Everton obvious.

Because he's a fat, heaving, odious cart who doesn't deserve the respect of being let go in private.

It stinks though. Like when Moyes found out in the media he’d been fired before he was told by United. Everton should be above that sort of stuff, sending the club ambassador into the radio to disparage the current manager just makes us look like the two bit basketcase club we actually are.

You can see the White interview one of two ways. Either Sam is bluffing and protecting his reputation or Mosh's best mate is speaking for him still and the board don't get the total animosity towards him. Time will tell

It stinks though. Like when Moyes found out in the media he’d been fired before he was told by United. Everton should be above that sort of stuff, sending the club ambassador into the radio to disparage the current manager just makes us look like the two bit basketcase club we actually are.

More often or not known as modern football.

You can see the White interview one of two ways. Either Sam is bluffing and protecting his reputation or Mosh's best mate is speaking for him still and the board don't get the total animosity towards him. Time will tell
Sam will want his reputation in tact for next season and whoever is in trouble and desperate to stay up . Really surprised by the comments of sharpey regarding Sam he has been steadfast in towing the club line so for me he knows the end is near and I'm absolutely sure Sam knows as well .

I wonder if the persistent rumours of in fighting at board level are true?
Sharp , you would have pegged as Kenwrights man , perhaps Moshiri is determined to retain Allardyce and Kenwright is opposed?
Hence Sharp’s slightly curious intervention.
Just a thought anyhow.
Must admit this is what worries me, although they did seem pally pally at the game on Saturday

It's very odd timing. To me you either sack him once we get to 40 points and say essentially he has done his job. It would have seemed ruthless but also a very clear message to the wider footballing world Allardyce was solely here to keep us up and we are not to see ourselves in that loop.

Or you sack him after a big defeat (like Arsenal). Or you then wait until the end of the season. I'm not sure what's gained by giving Unsworth another 5 games, or worse still another manager 5 games with a terrible squad to work with at the end of an awful season.

It will be a terrible end to the season, lots of anger and frustration by fans. Allardyce currently is centring a lot of that and taking a lot of the heat for it. He's playing a useful purpose. I don't know why that doesn't continue.

The bets case in this, is you do a City, announce Fonseca comes in the summer and Allardyce will leave. We seem to be jumping the gun again a bit though, and if we don't appoint someone or have someone lined up and out Sam, it does run the risk of becoming a circus again. (In Hindsight Koeman should only have gone once agreement was reached with Watford re Silva).

Sam will want his reputation in tact for next season and whoever is in trouble and desperate to stay up . Really surprised by the comments of sharpey regarding Sam he has been steadfast in towing the club line so for me he knows the end is near and I'm absolutely sure Sam knows as well .
He has no reputation worthy of the term.
He's none other than a larger than life personality who has found fame in the modern day media.
If ever there was an example of a manufactured charlatan it is he.

Normally I would agree with you. But this guy hangs players out to dry in public all the time and almost every time he opens his mouth he disses either the fans or the club.

He deserves everything that comes his way.

It's very odd timing. To me you either sack him once we get to 40 points and say essentially he has done his job. It would have seemed ruthless but also a very clear message to the wider footballing world Allardyce was solely here to keep us up and we are not to see ourselves in that loop.

Or you sack him after a big defeat (like Arsenal). Or you then wait until the end of the season. I'm not sure what's gained by giving Unsworth another 5 games, or worse still another manager 5 games with a terrible squad to work with at the end of an awful season.

It will be a terrible end to the season, lots of anger and frustration by fans. Allardyce currently is centring a lot of that and taking a lot of the heat for it. He's playing a useful purpose. I don't know why that doesn't continue.

The bets case in this, is you do a City, announce Fonseca comes in the summer and Allardyce will leave. We seem to be jumping the gun again a bit though, and if we don't appoint someone or have someone lined up and out Sam, it does run the risk of becoming a circus again. (In Hindsight Koeman should only have gone once agreement was reached with Watford re Silva).

Wouldn’t have a problem with any of those scenarios but instead the ambassador of Everton football club has come on prime time radio and as good as called for the head of the current Everton manager. Regardless of what we all think of him, it just shows that Everton are unprofessional, what message does that send out to prospective new managers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back